hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    Who is the physio at rovram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stubbs was whoring himself all over the place down here before he did leave, he then took the first team to offer him a job.

Not the best move he's ever made, and will be out of a job by xmas.
    Classy

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Kid View Post
    I noticed that as well, even after the SC win, he looked a bit p***ed off, I know the pitch invasion annoyed him, but he barely raised a smile, after what was the best day in our history.

I think he probably left at the right time, tbh.
    He could hardly speak in his cup final interview and was close to tears several times.
    No way he was peed off. The guy was overwhelmed.

Thank you Stubbsy.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Stubbs is an absolute legend, END OF. It is a bit ***** that we never got promoted, however he was a little bit unlucky if we are being honest. We dominated the Falkirk game, and the RC cup final too. With a little bit of luck on his side he could've made himself THE definitive Hibs legend.
    f/kin absolutely, and some on here need to have a look at themselves for downrating his performance as a Hibs manager. He was here, for exactly 100 games and at the end of that tenure he got us the Holy Grail , he had us at Tynecastle for a semi which we won, he had us at Hampden at a semi (twice ?) and he was manager when we pumped the gorgie mob oot the cup a couple of times? or at least when we got the replay. ! he then had us at Hampden for a League cup final after beating 3 teams in a league above us to get there.Be perfectly honest, we should have won that day. He got us to Hampden, for the SC semi, then the final then the best ever day in most Hibs fans' life followed by the second best day (Sunday) then the 3rd best day (Monday) we were also cheated out of the most blatant, fully televised penalty ever seen, against Falkirk , an event that was followed 30 seconds later with a defender tripping one of our players also in the box. things like that stopped us being promoted. Aye, when you analyze it , it was better that he left, as he could never get us up was it his fault that our team collectively had a worst drop in form over about 6 games, that I can remember? was it his fault that our team lost 3 breakaways by Morton, on a wet Tuesday, late in the match with virtually nae time to recover? aye, thank Christ he's away
    Last edited by monktonharp; 08-09-2016 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    For the last 5/6 games of the season Stubbs was a different person. No longer the happy, excited manager he was and he was more subdued and less interested IMO.
    That was about the time i was told that he had signed for rotherham.... But He Won Us The CUP !!!

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    He could hardly speak in his cup final interview and was close to tears several times.

Thank you Stubbsy.
    in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    f/kin absolutely, and some on here need to have a look at themselves for downrating his performance as a Hibs manager. He was here, for exactly 100 games and at the end of that tenure he got us the Holy Grail , he had us at Tynecastle for a semi which we won, he had us at Hampden at a semi (twice ?) and he was manager when we pumped the gorgie mob oot the cup a couple of times? or at least when we got the replay. ! he then had us at Hampden for a League cup final after beating 3 teams in a league above us to get there.Be perfectly honest, we should have won that day. He got us to Hampden, for the SC semi, then the final then the best ever day in most Hibs fans' life followed by the second best day (Sunday) then the 3rd best day (Monday) we were also cheated out of the most blatant, fully televised penalty ever seen, against Falkirk , an event that was followed 30 seconds later with a defender tripping one of our players also in the box. things like that stopped us being promoted. Aye, when you analyze it , it was better that he left, as he could never get us up was it his fault that our team collectively had a worst drop in form over about 6 games, that I can remember? was it his fault that our team lost 3 breakaways by Morton, on a wet Tuesday, late in the match with virtually nae time to recover? aye, thank Christ he's away

Yet with all that he still struggled to beat Morton, Raith, Dumbarton etc on a regular basis.

We all thank him for laying the foundations of a really good squad and delivering the Cup that will live in our memories but he failed in the main thing he was appointed to do, get us promoted.
    Last edited by J-C; 08-09-2016 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    That was about the time i was told that he had signed for rotherham.... But He Won Us The CUP !!!
    you always get it first, down Devon way. heard it till the cows came home eh?

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Yet with all that he still struggled to beat Morton, Raith, Dumbarton etc on a regular basis.

We all thank him for laying the foundations of a really good squad and delivering the Cup will live in our memories but he failed in the main thing he was appointed to do, get us promoted.
    holy Christ oan a bike. right Alan, here's the script. get us promotion, and nane o' ter pish aboot winnin' Scottish cups an' aw that. as previously posted, how can he be blamed for the Morton game? how can he be blamed for the ref's decisions at the Falkirk game? tell me if you expected us to win the league last season, and , was he no use, if we did not win it? should we have won it the previous season?

holy Christ oan a bike. right Alan, here's the script. get us promotion, and nane o' ter pish aboot winnin' Scottish cups an' aw that. as previously posted, how can he be blamed for the Morton game? how can he be blamed for the ref's decisions at the Falkirk game? tell me if you expected us to win the league last season, and , was he no use, if we did not win it? should we have won it the previous season?

We should've beaten Rangers the previous season and played in the play off final and we should've been challenging Rangers last season too. Ref mistakes or not we should not be getting bet 5-4 over 2 games by Falkirk, similar mistakes were made over 2 seasons and we should now be playing in the league above, that was his remit when he took over.

As I said I thank him for that wonderful cup win but ultimately promotion was and still is our main aim.

We should've beaten Rangers the previous season and played in the play off final and we should've been challenging Rangers last season too. Ref mistakes or not we should not be getting bet 5-4 over 2 games by Falkirk, similar mistakes were made over 2 seasons and we should now be playing in the league above, that was his remit when he took over.

As I said I thank him for that wonderful cup win but ultimately promotion was and still is our main aim.
    ok , points taken but if it means another year in this quirky wee league of ours, and another Sottish cup win, I think I will take that

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Any kind of poorish start would have seen the knives out pretty quickly if he had stayed.

That's why I was pleased he left on a high.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

What a lot of nonsense this thread has become.
    I seen some of the best football I've seen in my Hibs supporting life under Stubbs and I will love him forever.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Some people have short memories.

Love you always Stubbsy. LEGEND.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    bet you are hoping for that
    Why would you think that? I know a little more about what he was doing than you really think, he tried to get into at least two clubs that i know of in the north west of England BEFORE the cup final.

Add in the subject we can't talk about, and it's safe to say he couldn't wait to get himself out the door, and was never staying at Hibs any longer.

I think we have a better manager now, i think stubbs picked the wrong team to go to, but i would kiss his feet for bringing the cup to Hibs.

Admin edit- can we drop the personal abuse please. Ta.
    Last edited by Mr White; 09-09-2016 at 07:59 AM.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Compare the state of the club on day one when Stubbs walked in and when Lennon did. The change was due almost entirely to our CEO, Stubbs and his management team.

Our problem was that we struggled to break down teams who parked the bus, we were fine up to the final third, but we lacked the guile, pace and width to match the rest of our play. Maybe it would have been different if Farid had kept fit, but there was no Plan B.

Of the 18 players on 21st May, I think 14 were brought in by Stubbs, some of whom are the cornerstone of this year's team.

NL has built on the foundations that were laid, but his task has been easier than it was 2 years ago. I thought that the speed we recruited him meant that it was known inside the club what was going to happen. And no, I am in no way ITK, just surmising as an outsider.

So, regardless of the reasons for Stubbs leaving, when they write the new book to celebrate our 150 years in 2025 the chapter on 21st May will all be positive and won't dwell on what might have been achieved in Stubbs first managerial appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post

Thank you Stubbsy.
    I seem to recall the first thing he said in the interview was something along the lines of, he just wished all the fans would get back to their seats, and even as he was making his way down the stairs after lifting the trophy, he barely raised a smile, I'm sure he was delighted and overwhelmed, but it did feel to me that something was up with him. I'm probably looking to much in to it.

I loved the guy, he is responsible for me getting back along to Easter Road on a more regular basis, he did a grand job, still think it was the right time for him to go.

I really couldn't give 10 *****s that we didn't go up. We won the Scottish cup. The only thing in my life I wanted hibs to do. He delivered it and for that he is a legend no matter what. People on here are clearly bitter he decided to move to Rotherham. He wanted to move closer to his family, he will be getting paid a higher wage and will be working in a better league. Anyone who says they'd turn that down is lying. As for this myth that he jumped at the first offer; utter nonsense. Rotherham came in for him during November last season and he chose to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Any kind of poorish start would have seen the knives out pretty quickly if he had stayed.

That's why I was pleased he left on a high.

He most certainly did. Best day of my Hibernian supporting life seeing the Hi bees lift the cup, just wish others who are no longer with us could have been there to see it. Thank you Mr Stubbs for being the manager who finally lifted the hoodoo. Hope you go on to achieve further success in the game if not with Rotherham, another club. Forever a legend.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    The quality of football, and the nerve, determination and togetherness we showed to win the cup that day, especially after going behind (and in the wake of losing both the LC final and play off semi in the last minute) didn't come from nowhere - every player to a man was superb in that match, and I've never seen a better display from a Hibs team in an underdog situation.

I couldn't give a toss if Stubbs was engineering moves elsewhere - incredibly more than a few folk on here couldn't wait to stick the boot in the moment he left (despite what he had just helped us achieve), and there would be no sentiment from those who would inevitably be calling for him to be sacked had he stayed, and started this season poorly. He is, and always will be a legend, and played a huge part in the best day of my life.

I wish him nothing but the best.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar

I'd have taken three years in the Championship for that cup win any day of the week. Football is about glory - there's no glory in getting back into the SPL; there's plenty in winning the SC like we did.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    Some people have short memories.

Love you always Stubbsy. LEGEND.
    Don't you mean long memories? The short memories are the cup final, longer back gets you to the league failures.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    The quality of football, and the nerve, determination and togetherness we showed to win the cup that day, especially after going behind (and in the wake of losing both the LC final and play off semi in the last minute) didn't come from nowhere - every player to a man was superb in that match, and I've never seen a better display from a Hibs team in an underdog situation.

I couldn't give a toss if Stubbs was engineering moves elsewhere - incredibly more than a few folk on here couldn't wait to stick the boot in the moment he left (despite what he had just helped us achieve), and there would be no sentiment from those who would inevitably be calling for him to be sacked had he stayed, and started this season poorly. He is, and always will be a legend, and played a huge part in the best day of my life.

I wish him nothing but the best.
    Thats exactly where I am at. If we had got up it would have been forgotten in a couple of weeks to have won the Scottish cup when a lower league team at this club will never be forgotten. Wish him all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    What a lot of nonsense this thread has become.
    I seen some of the best football I've seen in my Hibs supporting life under Stubbs and I will love him forever.
    Would you still be saying that if we hadn't won the Scottish and we're still in the championship after this season???

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Enough said View Post
    Would you still be saying that if we hadn't won the Scottish and we're still in the championship after this season???
    Wtf are you on about. Completely irrelevant and pointless post.

We did win the Cup so I've got no idea what point you're trying to make.

Stubbs is a Hibernian legend, always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    Wtf are you on about. Completely irrelevant and pointless post.

We did win the Cup so I've got no idea what point you're trying to make.

Stubbs is a Hibernian legend, always will be.
    point am making is the gentleman stated that under Stubbs was the best football he has seen us playing. I was merely asking if he would of accepted that if we hadn't won the cup or gone up this year under Stubbs. Not a hard question to answer is it?
    Last edited by Enough said; 09-09-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Why would you think that? I know a little more about what he was doing than you really think, he tried to get into at least two clubs that i know of in the north west of England BEFORE the cup final.

Add in the subject we can't talk about, and it's safe to say he couldn't wait to get himself out the door, and was never staying at Hibs any longer.

I think we have a better manager now, i think stubbs picked the wrong team to go to, but i would kiss his feet for bringing the cup to Hibs.

Admin edit- can we drop the personal abuse please. Ta.
    I'm led to believe that he was TOLD he would be leaving ER by the Hibs management before the cup final, not asked, told.

point am making is the gentleman stated that under Stubbs was the best football he has seen us playing. I was merely asking if he would of accepted that if we hadn't won the cup or gone up this year under Stubbs. Not a hard question to answer is it?
    But we did win the cup. I did see some of the best football I've ever seen hibs ever play. And I'm not a gentleman either.
    Last edited by Swedish hibee; 09-09-2016 at 12:13 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I'm led to believe that he was TOLD he would be leaving ER by the Hibs management before the cup final, not asked, told.
    Correct.

Stubbs was actively looking for another job because he was told this was the end for him before the final.

Mans a legend, and I can safely add the word.. FACT to that. 😁👍🏼