hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

sir alan called for showdown talks with chairman

after 4! games, can see him not given anytime bye there chairman if things dont turn quickly. i wish him all the best

2. Log in to remove the advert

Where you reading that?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where you reading that?
    http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/0...alks-chairman/

Quote Originally Posted by shetlandhibee View Post
    after 4! games, can see him not given anytime bye there chairman if things dont turn quickly. i wish him all the best
    5 games I think.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    That chairman sounds a right dick.

So ****ing stupid, all this does is heap more pressure on him. They've played five games. Folk have no patience it's horrific.

Would love nothing more than the gang to succeed dow there and make a really brilliant managerial career but if it's not to be I sincerely hope they get relegated. That is a horrendous way to treat a manager five games in to a job! Chairman sounds like a right clown.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    So ****ing stupid, all this does is heap more pressure on him. They've played five games. Folk have no patience it's horrific.
    Not many people would also choose Rotherham over Hibs!
    Especially as he could of went into the season as a legend....but took the first offer available.
    Rotherham are.rubbish....only stupid money in England made him leave.

Problem being.....Nobody else actually wants togo to Rotherham,

He ****ed up..

They've had a brutal start to the season. No surprise the chairman isn't happy.
    Another 5 games like the first and Stubbs will be out of a job - that's the reality of the "challenge" he ditched us for.

The amount of rubbish I've read on their twitter about Stubbs and (of course) Scottish football.. And the personnel stuff about Stubbs is simply shocking.

I love Stubbs and know he'll prove those vile people and nasty chairman wrong.

None of that looks good, if they don't turn it around in the next 5 matches I can see Stubbsy getting the elbow.

@hibs.net private member
    I wish him all the best but its irrelevant to me whether he succeeds or not

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    That chairman sounds a right dick.

they did just get skelped by Barnsley. South Yorks rivalry, emotions run high.

This chairman has presumably knows what Stubbs is like. He always starts slowly. He's got a massive job there to keep them up and deserves backing.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    i know hes just sighned a lot of new players, and they are a small fish in big pond ,but surely a bit more time is needed 4 points from 5 games and hes in the office?

First Team Breakthrough
    Doesn't look great for him but, he should be given more time and I hope he gets it and turns it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Not many people would also choose Rotherham over Hibs!
    Especially as he could of went into the season as a legend....but took the first offer available.
    Rotherham are.rubbish....only stupid money in England made him leave.

Problem being.....Nobody else actually wants togo to Rotherham,

He ****ed up..
    i wouldnt say he %%%%up just yet , and he will allways be a legend,, where ever he goes . but if things dont work out sooner than later, i certainly think he,ll have regrets. goodluck anyway AS

best of luck to Alan and his background team. seems that the chairman is a right dick, reminds me of that Bradford chairman a long way back who actually wanted to re-arrange matches to Friday nights, as he was more into cricket. he also had a habit of sacking managers at the drop o' a hat.

@hibs.net private member
    Good luck to him. No hard feelings he is a Hibernian legend.

I don't think he will get the time, he needs to start winning ASAP!!

Coaching Staff
    I think the headline by capital Service news or whatever they call themselves and whatever they are imisleading.

Any quotes I have read from the chairman have basically echoed his support for Stubb's, and pointed out that with a lot of new players it will take time.

Pretty clear also that 'improvement' on last year's position where they JUST avoided relegation, is what is required and if at some stage relegation looks more a probability than a possibility, I would expect the chairman to sack Stubbs.

He has said openly that at the end of the day it's a results based position...and thatapplies to all managers.

I do think that those who suggest moved simply because he was 'lured' by money, are doing him a disservice.

Whether we want to accept it or not, the English Championship IS seen by most neutral observers as several notches up from the league we are in, and although there is no doubt Rotherham are one of the lesser teams in it, to achieve his ambitions he saw this as a stepping stone to loftier jobs......provided that is...he is successful.

If he's not I reckon his managerial career will stall."and unfortunately I think Rotherham are destined for relegation.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Stubbs will always be remembered for winning us the cup, but the minute he walked out the door to go to Rotherham he became less of a legend in my eyes. I hope he turns it round and goes on to have a good managerial career. I won't lose any sleep over it if he doesn't. Of all the jobs he could've taken, there can't have been many worse than Rotherham.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    I think ultimately he will be successful, maybe not with Rotherham if he doesn't get the time.

He's got a good eye for a player and comes across as a good man-manager. He also wants to play good football - that might actually count against him at this stage of his career, where he's really needing to get results on the board. Nevertheless, if you combine those three traits like he does then I think he will do well.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Left by mutual consent!
    With Rotherham having one of the lowest budgets in that league it was always going to be a big challenge but for the chairman to come out publicly with that so early into the season it shows a lack of respect to Stubbs. Wish him all the best but if they do not win any of their next five games I think he could be out of a job

He will always have a special place at easter road...but, as they say......the grass isn't always greener!!!

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    With Rotherham having one of the lowest budgets in that league it was always going to be a big challenge but for the chairman to come out publicly with that so early into the season it shows a lack of respect to Stubbs. Wish him all the best but if they do not win any of their next five games I think he could be out of a job
    Chairman sounds like a tit. Stubbs is the 3rd Manager to be appointed since Sept 2015. Sums up everything that is wrong with football if a club the size of Rotherham can afford to appoint a manager on a 3 year deal and then talk about sacking him 5 games into the season.

Stubb down quite well here won the sc, never got us up
    Left when the 1 st team came in for him ,forced a move to speak to them, since then we have a better manager in ,

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Wish him all the best and all that but had a bad feeling he'd get found out in a bigger league down south. Hope it works out for him.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I hope he turns it round. They are 5 games in only 1 win of 15th position, far to early to be judging.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Really hope Stubbsy turns it round and genuinely wish him the very best wherever he goes. I don't get why some people don't want the guy to succeed, at the end of the day he instantly turned our club around after being in complete free-fall and gave us the Scottish Cup after constructing a fabulous team.

We are in a better place now with Lennon, but we have Stubbs to thank for that.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    This is the chairman who appointed Steve Evans, enough said.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby