hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cup Final DVD

Cup Final DVD

Ok, I give up, what is going on with this ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Will be out within a month.

First Team Breakthrough
    Leanne said in an interview a while back that they were hoping to have it released in the first half of September I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    I waited my whole life as a supporter for the Scottish Cup and it was worth it. I have a feeling this wait means the DVD will be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I waited my whole life as a supporter for the Scottish Cup and it was worth it. I have a feeling this wait means the DVD will be too.

Really hope so, sometimes get the feeling Hibs have completely under-estimated the importance and impact of 21 May to the fan base and the whole thing has caught them on the hop. But that's just me

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Really hope so, sometimes get the feeling Hibs have completely under-estimated the importance and impact of 21 May to the fan base and the whole thing has caught them on the hop. But that's just me
    No you are definitely right the club have underestimated the Cup victory on many fronts. Thankfully I think they are looking to rectify this as much as possible. I think the DVD will be worth the wait.

Think I might buy it if I must 😗

2 weeks

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Highland_Hibee View Post
    No you are definitely right the club have underestimated the Cup victory on many fronts. Thankfully I think they are looking to rectify this as much as possible. I think the DVD will be worth the wait.

Hopefully it's not underestimation, but new estimation. Perhaps the board have reached new expectations for the club with Dempster getting them telt and they now expect us to win it regularly.

Promising Youngster Fambo Jannies's Avatar
    I gather we're just trying to firm up the date for interviewing King and Warburton for the 'extras' bit, then we're good to go.

I'm looking forward to this coming out but can only imagine what a nightmare it's been because of the pitch invasion. They'll have had to cut out so much of the post match celebrations which is a real shame. Like others have said on other threads I'm just hoping there's footage that's not been seen before.

Left by mutual consent!
    I hear The Rangers are also planning to release a cup final DVD. Not of the game. But of all the horrific goading and casper assaults on their cherished stars (which their fans only ran onto the pitch to protect btw). A free magic hat with every order i'm hearing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    I'm looking forward to this coming out but can only imagine what a nightmare it's been because of the pitch invasion. They'll have had to cut out so much of the post match celebrations which is a real shame. Like others have said on other threads I'm just hoping there's footage that's not been seen before.
    I personally hope they don't cut it out at all. I love watching that part in the highlights and hearing Walkers tear stained rants about the rebirth of the 80's horrors.

I hope they include a selection of the films of Sir David's goal taken by fans around the ground. They really get me going, the complete radgeness of it all is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Fambo Jannies View Post
    I hope they include a selection of the films of Sir David's goal taken by fans around the ground. They really get me going, the complete radgeness of it all is brilliant.
    This.

An extras section should be made just for fans videos, some absolute crackers out there. There's one I love where the guy shouts "this is the winning goal" right before Henderson crosses.

Please also have it in Bluray!!

If we are going to watch it over and over (and over) again, it might as well be in HD!

This.

An extras section should be made just for fans videos, some absolute crackers out there. There's one I love where the guy shouts "this is the winning goal" right before Henderson crosses.
    Indeedy, 27 seconds of pure magic. Posted this very video onto my facebook page earlier tonight! One of the replies was 'did they add the voice on afterwards?' No, just someone who knew this was our time

Total guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if the interviews in the special programme last week are transcripts from interviews on the DVD.

Also think the Cup Tour promo has some stuff we'll see on the DVD.

Without even having seen it, I think it's a stick on for Best Documentary at Cannes!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Ok, I give up, what is going on with this ?
    Think it's called "making money in the run up to Christmas"..

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    There was a video released last week which had fantastic unseen close-up footage of Logan and Henderson celebrating during the game from cameras that were right on the pitch. Fingers crossed for more of that....

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    We will need to do something special to launch this epic dvd. Any suggestions?

Green and white fireworks from Edinburgh castle with footage from the dvd projected onto the castle with the "green arrows" flying overhead?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I don't mind the wait and would rather that than a botched job that was put out too early.

My understanding is it is a double dvd with lots of material not seen before.

Interviews with players / management added to the time I think.

There was videos taken on the team bus going to the game and also on the bus travelling back to Easter Road with the cup.

I think I'm right in saying there is going to be a launch night at Easter Road later this month.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I don't mind the wait and would rather that than a botched job that was put out too early
    This

I don't mind the wait and would rather that than a botched job that was put out too early.

There was videos taken on the team bus going to the game and also on the bus travelling back to Easter Road with the cup.

I think I'm right in saying there is going to be a launch night at Easter Road later this month.
    If it turns out to be as you've described with interviews behind the scenes on the bus etcetera, I can't wait for it to come out. Get it released soon please Hibernian.

Mon the Cabbage

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

I think I'm right in saying there is going to be a launch night at Easter Road later this month
    Will anyone be aloud to go to this or just invites only?
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Will anyone be aloud to go to this or just invites only?
    I'm guessing there will be tickets up for grabs similar to the recent Scottish Cup nights at the stadium, but as I say I'm guessing.

Season ticket holders should get a free copy ... just sayin' like.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fambo Jannies View Post

At a meeting I was at a few weeks back about merchandising (part of Working Together, the same ones Argyle talks about) there was a debate among the fans about which footage to use (and the club were keen to hear our opinions). We wanted all coverage of the goal footage, HibsTV/Sky/BBC/France, what will be in I'm not sure, but I'm looking forward to it too.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    The club should hold off releasing the DVD until after the Ladies play Bayern Munich and then prioritise those who attended
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Is anybody else making do, at this moment, with just watching the telly coverage again?

What did I used to do with my Saturday nights before we won the Cup?!?!