hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

The Manchester derby next weekend

It must now be the biggest fixture in English football, since Citeh won the lottery via Sheikh Mansoor. Both teams on maximum points early doors. I think I may have a ticket and am wondering whether anyone else might be there? My spies tell me our friend Peter is gripping his sky blue comfort blanket very tightly, now Aguero is banned. Cannae wait
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 03-09-2016 at 04:09 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It must now be the biggest fixture in English football, since Citeh won the lottery via Sheikh Mansoor. Both teams on maximum points early doors. I think I may have a ticket and am wondering whether anyone else might be there? My spies tell me our friend Peter is gripping his sky blue comfort blanket very tightly, now Aguero is banned. Cannae wait
    Genuinely dislike pretty much every team in the English Premier. Far too many clubs think they are big boys thanks to the huge amounts of cash that TV throw at them. Big fixtures should be about prestigious clubs who have been successful over a period of time going up against each other. Man City, whilst always being well supported, aren't that. I hate seeing wee kids in the street with Man City tops on.

Rant over

Casual observer my friend. However, I do find the punishment dished out to Aguero to be very harsh. Almost Old-Traffordish.

Anyway, massive mistake putting this game on at 12 when the eyes of the world will be on the blockbuster game in Glasgow.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Can't say its getting my juices flowing to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I'll be on my way to Dumbarton. Strange though that Sky have put this up against the Glasgow Derby at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by leithsansiro View Post
    Genuinely dislike pretty much every team in the English Premier. Far too many clubs think they are big boys thanks to the huge amounts of cash that TV throw at them. Big fixtures should be about prestigious clubs who have been successful over a period of time going up against each other. Man City, whilst always being well supported, aren't that. I hate seeing wee kids in the street with Man City tops on.

Rant over
    These other, more "prestigious" clubs are generally top dogs because they've historically plundered their rivals and are funded by glory hunters.
    That considered, City are a breath of fresh air (much like their football) as are all the other teams in England that are challenging.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I'll be on my way to Dumbarton. Strange though that Sky have put this up against the Glasgow Derby at the same time
    Don't think it is a competition. A guy in the pub yesterday reckoned that the Bigot fest would get more viewers.

Couldn't give a monkeys about either game myself. Hibs are playing that day.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Same billy. Shame we have to miss it but it's hibs.

To be honest I don't think anyone outside of Scotland will give two hoots about the hate fest.

Zlatan and Silva or Senderos and James Forrest? Tough choice for the international audience

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Casual observer my friend. However, I do find the punishment dished out to Aguero to be very harsh. Almost Old-Traffordish.

Anyway, massive mistake putting this game on at 12 when the eyes of the world will be on the blockbuster game in Glasgow.
    Aye, of course

Justified punishment for elbows Aguero

If the ticket is confirmed, I'll probably head doon, though I still think City will win. I can follow the Hibs game online afterwards.

@hibs.net private member

Rant over
    Well said. Money-wise, it's an obscenity of a league.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    City fans must be very excited, they get the chance to play in front of a full house for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    City fans must be very excited, they get the chance to play in front of a full house for a change.
    They've just increased the capacity at the corporate sponsored stadium to 55,000, but they also now have a large number of gloryhunters from all over the world. The Mourinho-Guardiola dynamic makes it all the more interesting. They genuinely have no time for each other.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    They've just increased the capacity at the corporate sponsored stadium to 55,000, but they also now have a large number of gloryhunters from all over the world. The Mourinho-Guardiola dynamic makes it all the more interesting. They genuinely have no time for each other.

I know, you can't go 5 minutes down here without hearing an advert on the radio punting those empty seats for sale.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Are hibs not playing next week?

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I know, you can't go 5 minutes down here without hearing an advert on the radio punting those empty seats for sale.
    They still get very decent crowds though. Anyway, who cares about empty seats? If the ratio of empty seats to full ones won you things then hearts would be champions ;-)

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    and man Utd don't?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I'm quite looking forward to it. Though Aguero being missing is a shame for the neutral. And City, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Aye, but it kicks aff after the game in Manchester. If I go to Englandshire, I can still follow the Hibs game, and wasn't going to Dumbarton anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    and man Utd don't?
    Of course, hence the key word is 'also'.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    It's easier to get tickets for Old Trafford than it is for Boghead (or whatever it's called).

First Team Breakthrough Green-Hibee-7's Avatar
    Where is Old Trafford or the Eitihad? If it's the latter then I predict Jose to do his usual that he done with Chelsea the past couple years. Snooze fest.

I'll be on route to Dumbarton, but would probably watch if we weren't playing. Good day for sport next Saturday!

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green-Hibee-7 View Post
    Where is Old Trafford or the Eitihad? If it's the latter then I predict Jose to do his usual that he done with Chelsea the past couple years. Snooze fest.

I'll be on route to Dumbarton, but would probably watch if we weren't playing. Good day for sport next Saturday!
    It's at Old Trafford. Though I suspect he will be a bit less pragmatic when he goes to the Etihad than he was with that Chelsea team your talking about (2013-14).

Rant over

My viewing plans for next Saturday involve the Rugby Championship and Glasgow-Leinster. If I have the time then I'd rather watch the Manchester derby than take any interest in the Glasgow hate-fest.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

This match will be a bit like Hearts v Hibs. Mourinho's industrial football verses Proper football.

As for the Aguero 'elbow' incident, Bogbrush Fellaini does that four or five times every match without any media outrage. I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    This match will be a bit like Hearts v Hibs. Mourinho's industrial football verses Proper football.

As for the Aguero 'elbow' incident, Bogbrush Fellaini does that four or five times every match without any media outrage. I wonder why?

Time will tell

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Aye, but it kicks aff after the game in Manchester. If I go to Englandshire, I can still follow the Hibs game, and wasn't going to Dumbarton anyway.
    With all due respect, you're part of the problem. The only game I care about next Saturday is the hibs game. The obsession with the EPL is hurting teams in Scotland. There's loads if threads on this forum talking about the premiership. I'd delete every one of them.

United we stand here....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    I'll be there with the brother in law. Bought Season Tickets this year for the first time even though I'll only make a handful of games as I have a season ticket for Easter Road plus the away season ticket.

Had hoped this would have been the Super Sunday game so I could've still made it to Dumbarton but Sky couldn't as there was the danger of City playing on the Tuesday in the UCL, same with Celtic. That's why they are up against each other on the Saturday.