hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

FF Stand "Hibs 100 Club" Board

I spotted my name on the board in the FF stand recently but have no recollection what this was for. Can anyone enlighten me ?

I've contributed pretty much to everything when Hibs have asked fans to support the club, my first regular contribution going back to Club 86 through to shares / bricks etc etc but cant recall what this was for.

Cheers

Kenny

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    100 hibbies pledged £100 each when we went in to receivership I think, sure my dad and his mates are on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    100 hibbies pledged £100 each when we went in to receivership I think, sure my dad and his mates are on the board.
    Yep ,I'm up there too
    This is how it feels

First Team Breakthrough green.oracle's Avatar
    FF stand was opened 1995. Fans were asked to contribute £100 each to help towards cost. Names on board and club 100 badge the "reward".

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member

Thanks for the memory jogger. Money to a good cause to help keep our club alive.
    I was showing my family the board at the weekend when we had our picture taken with the Scottish Cup that I was on the board for donating but couldn't explain exactly why.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyh View Post
    Thanks for the memory jogger. Money to a good cause to help keep our club alive.
    I was showing my family the board at the weekend when we had our picture taken with the Scottish Cup that I was on the board for donating but couldn't explain exactly why.
    my name is up there also,the £100 was towards the building of the new Famous Five Stand after the council decreed that the old one had to come down,strange when the Jambo's are still allowed to use that wooden shack at Tynie,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Yep ,I'm up there too
    Me too! I hadn't been in FF for years until Pars game & saw the board with my name, my uncle's & my cousin all together. Was a pleasant surprise!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Wilson View Post
    my name is up there also,the £100 was towards the building of the new Famous Five Stand after the council decreed that the old one had to come down,strange when the Jambo's are still allowed to use that wooden shack at Tynie,
    After having two explanations I did a Google search and the Scotsman ran a story back in 2008 confirming Hibs were looking for £100 donations to help fund the east stand.

Its nice to know I did my bit back in the day along with so many others.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    After having two explanations I did a Google search and the Scotsman ran a story back in 2008 confirming Hibs were looking for £100 donations to help fund the east stand.

GGTTH
    It's been up longer than that.

My name is on it thanks to my uncle.

Blog Entries

GGTTH

You've slightly misread it. The article was about ways of funding the (then) proposed new East Stand & a 100 club, as previously happened for the FF stand was an option being considered.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

GGTTH
    The Scotsman are confused. It was 100% to help towards the FF stand being built, hence the names being displayed in that stand. I remember reading the names on it when I first got my season ticket in the brand new FF stand back in the day

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green.oracle View Post
    FF stand was opened 1995. Fans were asked to contribute £100 each to help towards cost. Names on board and club 100 badge the "reward".

GGTTH
    Ahh I see, my mistake

Quote Originally Posted by B.Wilson View Post
    Err no.

The Famous Five stand replaced the bench seated North Terrace with a small roof that blew off this the wind on one occasion.

All that the City Council insisted on was that seats had to be installed and that bench seating was not acceptable. Hence the plastic bucket seats that were fixed to the benches in the East Terrace and the wings of the Main Stand.

The demolition of Hibs Main Stand and the building of the new West Stand came six years later and was not forced by anyone.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    I'm up there but my name is spelt wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Err no.

The Famous Five stand replaced the bench seated North Terrace with a small roof that blew off this the wind on one occasion.

All that the City Council insisted on was that seats had to be installed and that bench seating was not acceptable. Hence the plastic bucket seats that were fixed to the benches in the East Terrace and the wings of the Main Stand.

The demolition of Hibs Main Stand and the building of the new West Stand came six years later and was not forced by anyone.
    I thought hibs were told that the old main stand would stop getting a safety certificate, which is why it was the first of the long stands to be replaced.
    And that hearts were told the same, but still have their outdated, unsafe stand.

Mind you, I probably read that on here, so it's probably nonsense.

It was to help build the Famous Five Stand.My wife ,kids and I contributed and we got a letter of thanks from Douglas Cromb,whichh I still have!

My name is up there, it was supposedly for the redevelopment of the end stands (South & FF) but I think it may eventually have been spent on levelling the pitch, there was certainly a suggestion of that at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbytam View Post
    I thought hibs were told that the old main stand would stop getting a safety certificate, which is why it was the first of the long stands to be replaced.
    And that hearts were told the same, but still have their outdated, unsafe stand.

Mind you, I probably read that on here, so it's probably nonsense.
    If I recall, all that Hibs did to the Main Stand was to relocate some of the plastic bucket seats that were used on the seating installed in the away end to the benches on the North and South wings of the Main Stand. This made the stand compliant with the Taylor Report. This was done when the new North and South Stands were built.

I don't think that there was any consideration of the safety of the old wooden stands by the Taylor Commission. This was in response to the Hillsborough disaster rather than the Valley Parade fire. Hence it was largely focused on seating for all rather than fire safety. Maybe they ought to have done this.

Hibs replaced the old Main Stand because it was so expensive to maintain. Hearts presumably face the same issues. The City Council have certainly cut Hearts far too much slack on the safety issues. Of course Romanov was putting forward grandiose plans that were never going to be built in order to muddy the waters. Maybe Budge is doing the same now?

Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    I'm up there but my name is spelt wrong!
    How the hell could they get 'baw' wrong? 😄
    This is how it feels

My name is up there too but I cannot recall contributing to the "re-build". What I recall is that those of us that bot shares in the "Gray & Duff" time had there names put on a board as a thank you

Anyone have a photo of the board?

Link here https://www.flickr.com/photos/osprey...7602269717720/

Can't make out names but there well over 100 there surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermac View Post
    Link here https://www.flickr.com/photos/osprey...7602269717720/

Can't make out names but there well over 100 there surely.
    Yeah, there was no limit to numbers who could donate, just £100 donation.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I put £100 in I'm sure around the time of the takeover- in the end they did IIRC not know what to do with it but I got a badge and a plaque with the 100 plus names who at least £100 in was eventually put up. Forgot about it till the cup photos.

I never put money in to build any stands
    Last edited by malcolm; 02-09-2016 at 06:42 PM.

It was definitely for the building of the North and south stands. Hence being in the north stand. There was about 5 years between the events ffs!!

My names there but got covered up for the Scottish cup photos

First Team Breakthrough
    I seem to think it was a Douglas cromb initiative, and it might have been specifically for a Hibs museum. It was a bone of contention what happened to the money for a while - the board appeared a long time after the donations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant believe that people who were not only around at the time - but actually contributed can't remember what it was for!

I remember paying the £100 but never saw anything in return until now with the photo of the board.

Bit small to make my name out though so, unless there's a close up of the "F"s, I'll take it on trust that I'm there.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm on it too. Still got the 'Hibs 100' badge and thank you letter from Douglas Crumb. It certainly wasn't restricted to one hundred members, they were looking for as many to get involved with the scheme as possible. And yes it was for the redevelopment of ER - the FF and South stands were under construction at the time (1995).
    Last edited by The Harp; 02-09-2016 at 09:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    £100 was definately to help with cost of rebuilding the stand. I gladly paid 3 x £100 for me my daughter Karin and son Kevin.

Never got a 100 badge tho!