hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Boards silence regarding Cup Final

It's surely no just me that's sick fed up with the boards continuing silence while Rangers and their bum boy pals in the media, especially those storytellers at Daily Record, continue to drag the clubs name through the muck with absolute lies and accusations that have been proved to be false time and time again?

Dempster etc need to come out all guns blazing and call out everyone that's continuing with their bull**** cause it's getting right on my tits. Show a bit of pride and stand up for us as a support, yourselves and the club as a whole ffs.

A good start would be refusing to talk to and banning every photographer and 'journalist' that is employed by or has ties to Weegie rag then calling out Rangers for the numerous embarrassing, exaggerated and hypocritical statements published on their comic of a website and ask them where their condemnation is of the what must be easily 50+ arrests for violence on the pitch, the rammy caused by the support outside with the polis at full time and their full support singing sectarian dirt in unison.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Was probably against this but after seeing the Record repeating the lies about Rangers players being assaulted then agree we should say something.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    We'll say something when the time is right imo. In the run up to the hearing we're best staying quiet.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's surely no just me that's sick fed up with the boards continuing silence while Rangers and their bum boy pals in the media, especially those storytellers at Daily Record, continue to drag the clubs name through the muck with absolute lies and accusations that have been proved to be false time and time again?

Dempster etc need to come out all guns blazing and call out everyone that's continuing with their bull**** cause it's getting right on my tits. Show a bit of pride and stand up for us as a support, yourselves and the club as a whole ffs.

A good start would be refusing to talk to and banning every photographer and 'journalist' that is employed by or has ties to Weegie rag then calling out Rangers for the numerous embarrassing, exaggerated and hypocritical statements published on their comic of a website and ask them where their condemnation is of the what must be easily 50+ arrests for violence on the pitch, the rammy caused by the support outside with the polis at full time and their full support singing sectarian dirt in unison.
    They (Rangers) brought the game into disrepute themselves with exaggerations and generalised, incendiary statements justifying their pitch invasion. And the sectarian singing from the fans also falls under the remit of strict liability. Lying to get another football club into trouble, not just embellishing the truth is akin to diving to win a penalty. It should be punishable.

Fine first then unleash the Petrie

Let the Huns and their weedgia pals give themselves enough rope to hang themselves with - they're doing a cracking job IMO. Engaging in red top tit-for-tat isn't the Hibs way thankfully.

What one can almost guarantee based on the previous statements Hibs have made on this is that when it does come, it will be worth the wait and the absolute antithesis - in terms of tone and professionalism - of the shrieking, wailing and gnashing of teeth that Traynor et al emanate.
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 31-08-2016 at 08:39 AM.

My reply after emailing Leeann regards Keith Jackshun and the Daily Record was as follows:

"My judgement is that what is being reported is neither here nor there at the moment to my task at hand. This may frustrate supporters but there is reason to my judgement.

You will have to trust that we know what we believe in what we doing and that if we react to everything written or said, we would lose focus and get nothing done"

Now, I agree, most things written will be false about a lot of things and I don't expect us to comment on it all, but when it is a total witch-hunt like this then I definitely expect some sort of reaction from the club. It is persistent and totally fabricated lies, and the least that should be done is the Daily Record told to stay well clear of Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Lets wait and hopefuly our board will come out with all guns blazing and put there take on it

I'm happy with the low key approach.

The zombies on the other hand should think before they speak or send out statements.

Sometimes in life the less said the better as you can open a can of worms.

I'm sure our time will come in the mean time let's focus on cup final winning parties and winning this league.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    My reply after emailing Leeann regards Keith Jackshun and the Daily Record was as follows:

"My judgement is that what is being reported is neither here nor there at the moment to my task at hand. This may frustrate supporters but there is reason to my judgement.

You will have to trust that we know what we believe in what we doing and that if we react to everything written or said, we would lose focus and get nothing done"

Now, I agree, most things written will be false about a lot of things and I don't expect us to comment on it all, but when it is a total witch-hunt like this then I definitely expect some sort of reaction from the club. It is persistent and totally fabricated lies, and the least that should be done is the Daily Record told to stay well clear of Easter Road.

absolutely

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They are goading us for some unknown purpose? However, we need to stand firm and I guess, legal and due process is being taken care of behind the scenes.

For me, the Scottish government need to intervene to remove this banana republic SFA of ours who are clearly not fit for purpose.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post

My view is that a dignified silence, broken only when WE have something to say, is best. Leeann is right. You waste energy responding to egregious media attacks, that most sane, rational people realize are not about reporting reality but are purely sensationalist pandering to the lowest common denominator and their prejudices. Look at the circulation figures for the MSM - falling off a cliff.

By being provoked into responding, you risk being drawn into their seedy little games on their terms. It's a no-win situation, because no matter what we may say, they will still print their propaganda anyway.
    Last edited by GloryGlory; 31-08-2016 at 12:04 PM.

Hibs are doing the correct thing, why get into a bunfight. No point stoking the fire (pun intended), and Hibs are certainly not going to get involved in public spat with such a desperate rag.........................
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!

What is the outcome that you are trying to achieve?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    The press are trying to goad Hibs into an argument they can't possibly win.

Hibs fans were on the pitch. At least one Hibs fan has been charged with assaulting a Sevco player.

The only response for Hibs would be to say "it wasn't as bad as you're making out" and that would just open them up to accusations of condoning the behaviour.

Silence, on this occasion, is golden.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 31-08-2016 at 08:51 AM.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    As George Carlin said, 'never argue with an idiot because they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.'

I'm quite happy for our Board to stay quiet for the time being and let the Huns burst blood vessels with outrage etc. Once the hearing is over, though, I'd hope that the Club demand an apology (at the very least) from that waste of skin & oxygen that is Keith Jackson & the comic that is the Daily Record. I'd be happier if they banned them from Easter Road though.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I'd like to hear from the fans reps on the board about, well, anything!

Hardly heard a peep out of them since they were elected despite their pledges when running for election.

There's been quite a few issues raised on here since the cup final and it would have nice for them to have offered an opinion.

I never saw the point in it in the first place but they are there now so it we be good to know what their purpose is. Pretty sure regular communication with the fans was high up on their agenda.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

It's all about getting it right Sean.

The more you say the more you can get pulled up for.

Love you to bits pal but I would rather go with the Hibs approach than yours.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan's Jaguar View Post
    They (Rangers) brought the game into disrepute themselves with exaggerations and generalised, incendiary statements justifying their pitch invasion. And the sectarian singing from the fans also falls under the remit of strict liability. Lying to get another football club into trouble, not just embellishing the truth is akin to diving to win a penalty. It should be punishable.
    All true, and I imagine will be part of Hibs case.

A good barrister focuses on achieving the best outcome possible, not making noise and bluster in the court room.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    That's a decent wee email response there from LD.

Why don't Hibs use social media and get wee snippets like that out?

A simple Tweet now and again keeping us updated fills the void and can do away with rumour and speculation.

I would imagine the board of Hibernian FC will have taken legal advice on all the issues being debated on this public forum, and will make any announcement at the (correct) time of their choosing.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    It's all about getting it right Sean.

The more you say the more you can get pulled up for.

Love you to bits pal but I would rather go with the Hibs approach than yours.
    Sometimes what you don't say is far more effective than what you do say.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I'd like to hear from the fans reps on the board about, well, anything!

Hardly heard a peep out of them since they were elected despite their pledges when running for election.

There's been quite a few issues raised on here since the cup final and it would have nice for them to have offered an opinion.

I never saw the point in it in the first place but they are there now so it we be good to know what their purpose is. Pretty sure regular communication with the fans was high up on their agenda.

This is a very good point. I'd forgotten that we had Fans Reps.
    Hello? Is anybody out there?

Hibs silence is right for now I'm sure we will respond at the appropriate time...I'm no lover of Petrie by any means but glad he is in our corner for this particular bout. I do agree tho about a lack of communication from the fans reps on the board - practically zero communication from them which makes u wonder is there a point to having them there??

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    "Never complain. Never explain." Benjamin Disraeli

Their attitude is throw as much **** as possible and hope it sticks! I agree with our approach, let's hear everything that's said, then put the lie to it rather than get involved in a discussion via the weegie press which we won't win. I do trust LD and on this occasion RP to put our case and hopefully embarrass our accusers.

I think Hibs have played a blinder so far and I agree with the sentiment of LD's reply to the poster a few posts up.

We can't respond to every little provocation and every time we did we'd weaken our position.

Hibs must keep quiet publicly, keep their powder dry, comply with the process and vigorously defend themselves/ us (where appropriate - imo the few proven incidents involving Rangers players are indefensible) all in order to minimise our punishment. After the event they might choose to say something.

Rangers are a national embarrassment and their public comments since the cup final have made them a laughing stock. I would imagine that we'd be likewise if we started reacting to the provocation and I'm grateful that Hibs haven't done so.

Yes, deep down there's a bit in all of us that would like Hibs to come out and say it as it is but we must all understand why they can't.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    By the time hibs say anything then it will all have passed and receive no coverage anyway as it doesn't fit anyones agenda other than hibs.

So we may as well get used to the fact we are doing and saying nothing, taking our fine and getting on with life.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I'm sure there is plenty Hibs would like to say on the matter, but with this obvious deliberate silence for the time being, when they do have something to say it will be well worth hearing.

First Team Breakthrough NZ Green's Avatar
    Newspapers don't have the power they used to. People are more than capable of detecting bulls**t these days. I would just ignore them, it makes them even weaker.