hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062

Cummings and Henderson

Just reading that Hendo is one of 5 or 6 leaving the cellic fc and also Leeanne has said Cummings is in the Not-for-sale at the moment category......what's the chances of a £2million+ bid for Cummings being accepted and Hendo being signed in a permanent maybe even with a McGinn style sell on fee...
    Thoughts

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just reading that Hendo is one of 5 or 6 leaving the cellic fc and also Leeanne has said Cummings is in the Not-for-sale at the moment category......what's the chances of a £2million+ bid for Cummings being accepted and Hendo being signed in a permanent maybe even with a McGinn style sell on fee...
    Thoughts

Absolutely none, I would think

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    So LD says he's in the not for sale category and you ask what the chances of us selling him are!!

Hmm, kinda depends if you believe what LD just said or not?!

If Henderson is one of the 5 or 6 players to leave Celtic, why would we need to offer cumming's as part of the deal.
    Cumming's is going no where, we'd be mad to let him go the now.

I would love to see hendo back though.

Why would we want to sell the club's top and main goal scorer to get a midfield player who while promising is no better that the ones we have and not certain to get a game?

Think LD makes it pretty clear Cummings is going nowhere

Why would we allow a vital player in Cummings to leave, a player who has been the difference for us this season and has scored in every game so far, so we could bring in someone who wouldn't get in the first eleven when everyone is fit?

He's a Hibs legend now, and I'd love to see Hendo back as an option, but in the number ten role we have a better player now.

You are joking arent you?

LD comes out and says Cummings isnt going anywhere within the next 2 windows, so you ask whats the chances of us selling him? Lennon said the other week it would take a ridiculous bid for us to sell, yet you reckon we would sell for £2m?

Why the hell would we get rid of Cummings for Hendo? More to the point who would be bring in to replace our TOP SCORER FOR 2 GOING ON 3 SEASONS with? The transfer window shuts in 2 days! Cummings is a 20 goals a season striker, one of the best in the country and one of the best young talents Scotland has, Hendo is a decent young attacking mid, who spent alot of time on the bench last season and got 6 assists and scored 5 goals (approx) last season and wouldnt get a game above Shinnie. Shinnie is a better player by far, Hendo has the potential to be great but we dont need potential, we need proven players to get us out this league

This hard on for Hendo coming back is pathetic, he wasnt even a guaranteed starter last season!! 30 odd games and he got 6 assists and 5 goals (approx) which is shocking in this league for an attacking mid.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    So LD says he's in the not for sale category and you ask what the chances of us selling him are!!

Hmm, kinda depends if you believe what LD just said or not?!
    Hibernian will not sell their top striker Jason Cummings in this or the following transfer window because they see him as being vital to their promotion chances from the Championship. "In football you can normally never say never," says Easter Road chief executive Leeann Dempster, "but I am saying never on this occasion." (Various)

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    I think the statement leanne released should be enough for us to realise that Jason is going nowhere just now, if henderson is leaving celtic then I'd love him to come here, weather that happens or not is another story but we have tried

Gamer IDs

This hard on for Hendo coming back is pathetic, he wasnt even a guaranteed starter last season!! 30 odd games and he got 6 assists and 5 goals (approx) which is shocking in this league for an attacking mid.[/QUOTE]
    Check how many assists he had in the Cup runs...Hardly a hardon but it's all about opinions.....2mill plus would be tempting for the club I would think

Quote Originally Posted by Trev. View Post
    You are joking arent you?

LD comes out and says Cummings isnt going anywhere within the next 2 windows, so you ask whats the chances of us selling him? Lennon said the other week it would take a ridiculous bid for us to sell, yet you reckon we would sell for £2m?

Why the hell would we get rid of Cummings for Hendo? More to the point who would be bring in to replace our TOP SCORER FOR 2 GOING ON 3 SEASONS with? The transfer window shuts in 2 days! Cummings is a 20 goals a season striker, one of the best in the country and one of the best young talents Scotland has, Hendo is a decent young attacking mid, who spent alot of time on the bench last season and got 6 assists and scored 5 goals (approx) last season and wouldnt get a game above Shinnie. Shinnie is a better player by far, Hendo has the potential to be great but we dont need potential, we need proven players to get us out this league

This hard on for Hendo coming back is pathetic, he wasnt even a guaranteed starter last season!! 30 odd games and he got 6 assists and 5 goals (approx) which is shocking in this league for an attacking mid.
    Not bad for a 19 year old. All of our midfielders will score more goals under Lennon.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Hibernian will not sell their top striker Jason Cummings in this or the following transfer window because they see him as being vital to their promotion chances from the Championship. "In football you can normally never say never," says Easter Road chief executive Leeann Dempster, "but I am saying never on this occasion." (Various)

You just answered your own question

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Not bad for a 19 year old. All of our midfielders will score more goals under Lennon.
    So would that not be why i said he was a decent attacking mid?

Still doesnt change the fact that Shinnie is a better player and that we need Cummings more than we need Hendo. Would be suicidal to sell Cummings for Hendo.

You're at the lash... surely

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Check how many assists he had in the Cup runs...Hardly a hardon but it's all about opinions.....2mill plus would be tempting for the club I would think

You're at the lash... surely[/QUOTE]
    Every player has his price mind.....
    I personally would be more than happy to keep Jason till next summer mate..just thought I'd through the question out there...
    #persevered

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Losing Cummings and gaining Henderson would leave us worse off by miles. And I like Henderson.

@hibs.net private member
    Henderson would not be a starter at Hibs but would be a good squad player. As for selling JC, it's clear he's going nowhere unless we get a very good offer

Re Cummings - I agree it would be madness to let him go and I don't think we will until next summer.

Re Hendo - Great player and great potential to improve also. I think if Hibs can actually afford what Celtic want it would still be good business to bring him in.

Yes - we are strong in his area of the park already. However - we need to think of "succession planning". It's quite possible we will lose McGinn as well as Cummings next summer. Also - Shinnie is only here for a season and Fyvie's contract expires next June. Getting Hendo on a three or four year contract would be good long term planning and would help mitigate the impact of losing McGinn, Shinnie, Cummings and maybe Fyvie just as we (hopefully) rejoin the Premier League.

Hibs have shown once or twice in the past we are prepared to speculate to accumulate on certain players and pay a fee - John McGinn being one. I think Hendo could well be the sort of guy who could do really well for us on the park for two or three years and then move on for a much larger fee. It might just depend on whether we have the cash.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Thoughts

Daftest thread starter on here for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    Daftest thread starter on here for quite a while.
    Agreed mate

We don't need to sell Cummings and i hope he goes on to bigger things than Celtics bench when he does go.

I also look forward to Leigh Griiffiths next contract because he's becoming too good for Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    Re Cummings - I agree it would be madness to let him go and I don't think we will until next summer.

Re Hendo - Great player and great potential to improve also. I think if Hibs can actually afford what Celtic want it would still be good business to bring him in.

Yes - we are strong in his area of the park already. However - we need to think of "succession planning". It's quite possible we will lose McGinn as well as Cummings next summer. Also - Shinnie is only here for a season and Fyvie's contract expires next June. Getting Hendo on a three or four year contract would be good long term planning and would help mitigate the impact of losing McGinn, Shinnie, Cummings and maybe Fyvie just as we (hopefully) rejoin the Premier League.

Hibs have shown once or twice in the past we are prepared to speculate to accumulate on certain players and pay a fee - John McGinn being one. I think Hendo could well be the sort of guy who could do really well for us on the park for two or three years and then move on for a much larger fee. It might just depend on whether we have the cash.
    Exactly this.

As things stand I don't think we need Henderson, but as you say Fyvie may well get a decent offer from elsewhere when his contract expires and Shinnie is highly unlikely to remain a Hibs player after this season, add in the fact that McGeouch continues to struggle with injury .... in that scenario Henderson is exactly the sort of up and coming talent that we should be looking to add with a view to being in the Premiership next season.

As for Cummings ..... You can read LD's statement as JC is going nowhere, but if someone is daft enough to offer silly money we have to consider it. So yes JC is for sale, but for sale in the way that every player in Europe is for sale.

I think Shinnie will be better than Henderson. He is more direct and looks to have goals in him. Henderson has all the attributes to be a top player but has a lot of work to do. He needs to chip in with goals and bulk up a bit.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    What's tempting about losing our main supplier of goals for 2 mill on the last day of the window?? Ru on the wind up??

Shinnie may be better right now but he'll be gone next season. If we can get Hendo on a 3 or 4-year deal it's definitely something we should try to do. Not if it means we have to sell JC obviously.

Who are the other 5 that can leave ???

Left by mutual consent!
    Cummings is going nowhere until we hit promotion. If clubs are offering 2mil+ for him now, that could quite easily double after promotion from the championship. Absolutely no chance is he going anywhere.

Would love to see Henderson back in the squad as he definitely has something about him. But I wouldn't be devastated if he chose to continue his career elsewhere. We already have a squad that should take this league by storm.

Left by mutual consent!
    You're supposed to stop pushing the cotton bud when you feel resistance.