hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The new goalkeeper

Looks like it's going to be another week or so before we get to see him if we ever do

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamhere1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like it's going to be another week or so before we get to see him if we ever do
    I take it you work for the home office ?

@hibs.net private member
    It's difficult to establish the accuracy of this without a hint of source of evidence. Care to expand a little?

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    It's difficult to establish the accuracy of this without a hint of source of evidence. Care to expand a little?
    I asume op speculating as no further announcement from club that he will play and no confirmation if he is even back in Edinburgh with clearance approved
    But presumably that could change between now and Saturday , but if he hadn't trained with players all week ,i would stick with Laidlaw ,as he was fine on Saturday imo
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; 18-08-2016 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    I asume op speculating as no further announcement from club that he will play and no confirmation if he is even nack in Ebonbutgh with clearance approved
    But presumably that cpuld change between now and Saturday , but if he hadt trained with playets all week i would stick with Laidlaw as he was fine on Saturfay imo
    Hi Roonie
    If he has gone to Ebonbutgh we may never actually see him.
    But here's hoping he finds his way to Maester Rood soon 😁

@hibs.net private member
    So are we actually paying him. Or is he officially a paid employee after clearance?

Seems a bit strange how long its taking ..... I presume that getting EPL players from outside the EU processed is taking priority, after all, this is the government who gave £3,000,000 of taxpayers money to China ( and I quote ) "to promote awareness of the English Premier League"

Its all a matter of priorities ....... the home office are probably still Googling Hibernian, just to make sure the club is 'kosher' ..... pun intended

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Seems a bit strange how long its taking ..... I presume that getting EPL players from outside the EU processed is taking priority, after all, this is the government who gave £3,000,000 of taxpayers money to China ( and I quote ) "to promote awareness of the English Premier League"

Its all a matter of priorities ....... the home office are probably still Googling Hibernian, just to make sure the club is 'kosher' ..... pun intended
    does seem a bit strange that it's taken so long. however, the same government gives arms and technology and supports his country , who grab Palestinian land and restrict movemement , shoot youths on sight etc. don't understand why they cant just gie him free access to our land

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    I asume op speculating as no further announcement from club that he will play and no confirmation if he is even nack in Ebonbutgh with clearance approved
    But presumably that cpuld change between now and Saturday , but if he hadt trained with playets all week i would stick with Laidlaw as he was fine on Saturfay imo
    Typing with your head again Ronnie?

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    does seem a bit strange that it's taken so long. however, the same government gives arms and technology and supports his country , who grab Palestinian land and restrict movemement , shoot youths on sight etc. don't understand why they cant just gie him free access to our land
    I'm well aware of the situation regarding Israel and the Palestinians mate. However, the last time I looked our prospective new goalie wasn't responsible for Israeli domestic or foreign policy and I don't think its going to help anybody, least of all him, if every time his situation comes up we get comments on the conduct of his country.

As I've said on here before, there are guys playing all over Europe who come from countries whose human rights abuses are every bit as repulsive as what Israel gets up to in Gaza or the west bank and nobody seems to be holding them ( the players ) to account for it ..... all I'm asking is that Marciano is extended the same courtesy.

Spot on bud!!!

Last time i checked, israel is closer to africa and middle east than europe!!!.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    I'm well aware of the situation regarding Israel and the Palestinians mate. However, the last time I looked our prospective new goalie wasn't responsible for Israeli domestic or foreign policy and I don't think its going to help anybody, least of all him, if every time his situation comes up we get comments on the conduct of his country.

As I've said on here before, there are guys playing all over Europe who come from countries whose human rights abuses are every bit as repulsive as what Israel gets up to in Gaza or the west bank and nobody seems to be holding them ( the players ) to account for it ..... all I'm asking is that Marciano is extended the same courtesy.
    Well said. The lad is here to play for Hibs, politics should be left out of it. The foreign/domestic policies of his country should not be used as a stick to beat him with. A wild generalisation, like saying everybody in England is responsible for Tory policies or everybody in Scotland supports SNP! I don't know what his politics are and not really interested in finding out I only hope he does well for Hibs and has my total support (until he chucks one in!)

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Well said. The lad is here to play for Hibs, politics should be left out of it. The foreign/domestic policies of his country should not be used as a stick to beat him with. A wild generalisation, like saying everybody in England is responsible for Tory policies or everybody in Scotland supports SNP! I don't know what his politics are and not really interested in finding out I only hope he does well for Hibs and has my total support (until he chucks one in!)
    And on that basis there wouldn't be many British players welcomed in other countries if their character was based on the foreign policy of their country.

Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxhibby View Post
    Last time i checked, israel is closer to africa and middle east than europe!!!.
    Surely its in the middle east?

Rubbish term for the area btw. West Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by SloopJB View Post
    New phone?
    No ,got my daughters old i 5 ,and keypad is very small ,and need gllasses and not post while watching the Olympics
    But have edited post now

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    He doesn't exist, purely a ploy by Hibs to make us think we are signing players.

More likely it is hun supporters who are processing the paperwork. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    So are we actually paying him. Or is he officially a paid employee after clearance?
    Dont know if we are paying him, but Laidlaw has been talking about how good it has been to be training with him! George Craig had gone to Brussels to try to speed things up (EU or to visit his last loan club?) but I assume that Marciano has been training with us all that time and would be available to play as soon as he gets clearance.

I am too, aware that the goalie has nowt to do the situation in his homeland, however you raised the subject in a previous post so don't lecture me on the politics of it

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I genuinely can't recall there ever being such a long period to wait for clearance to play a player after signing them.

On Sunday or Monday Marciano's agent put on twitter it would be another 7-10 days due to work permit issues so would hope he'll be available for next weekend.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    I genuinely can't recall there ever being such a long period to wait for clearance to play a player after signing them.
    Didn't Zemmama take a bit of resolving (but that was between the clubs IIRC)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

If it was either of old firm rocky would've been playing by now

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar

Good lord not this again

Seems a bit strange how long its taking .....

Is Jim Farry back in charge of the fax at Hampden?

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    He doesn't exist, purely a ploy by Hibs to make us think we are signing players.
    No Scoopy..he was behind me in Lower West when Queen of South beat us...

I am too, aware that the goalie has nowt to do the situation in his homeland, however you raised the subject in a previous post so don't lecture me on the politics of it
    Which post was that? it certainly wasn't on this thread I don't think I've even been involved in a discussion about the Palestinian situation on the Holy Ground, never mind the main forum. Point me in the direction of this post and I'll be able to give it context.

FYI ... I wasn't 'lecturing' you personally even though it was your post I quoted .... it was really just a general comment which your post gave me the opportunity to make.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 18-08-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hughio View Post
    No Scoopy..he was behind me in Lower West when Queen of South beat us...
    probably watched that match then changed his mind

@hibs.net private member
    Is he guaranteed a work permit? I thought non EU citizens had to have played a % of their countries last few ( don't know how many) internationals? To get one automatically. Remember Hibs got the blame for Jsson Scotland not getting his at appeal