hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Call me a bed wetter if you like................but.......

Here we are near the end of August, the window closes in around a fortnight and as I type, we have not improved our squad to any great effect.

Be patient we are told.

We have supposedly signed a keeper [on loan], but where is he ? Awaiting paperwork we are told. Get it sorted, the 3 points at the start of the season are just as important as those at the edn of it. I for one would rather be the team the others are chasing rather than us trying to play "catch-up" and if anyone thinks the current squad is deep enough to win the league is living in cloud cookoo land. A few injuries to key players will see a dramatic downturn in team performances.

Be patient we are told.

Lennon stated we had McDonald from Motherwell, [irrespective of if you thought he was/is a good player or not], he , at least would have given us another striking option.

Be patient we are told.

We are crying out for an attacking, goal scoring midfield player. Henderson was the faovourite to fill this role. Seems he is not coming [or is he ?].

Be patient we are told.

Shinnie is the latest name dropped by Lennon -- well where is he ?

I know, be patient.

Lennon has also stated he hopes to sign two others [after Shinnie], -- Well where are they ?

Yeah yeah - be patient.

Getting a wee bit boring, get the players in a.s.a.p. , not like we appear to be doing, at the last minute. Typical Hibs, wait til the last minute.

Just for once, I would like to have the squad assembled and ready to go on the first day of the season.

MY PATIENCE ARE WEARING A WEE BIT THIN TO BE HONEST.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The "skoosh the league" and "let's get knocked out of every cup in the first round" squad will be all over you like a rash for this post.... But I agree.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Don't be patient. Wet the bed immediately!

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Calm down to a panic.

The part about McDonald tells me you just want signings for the sake of it. Delighted the club have moved away from that terrible mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyFantastic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The "skoosh the league" and "let's get knocked out of every cup in the first round" squad will be all over you like a rash for this post.... But I agree.
    Surely if we are to skoosh the league we need good players in? Couldn't these people be just as impatient as the OP? I think so but don't let that stop you from having a pop...

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Calm down to a panic.

Yeah I know ---be patient.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Would you rather we just signed players for the sake of it

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Auld Git View Post
    Here we are near the end of August, the window closes in around a fortnight and as I type, we have not improved our squad to any great effect.

Be patient we are told.

We have supposedly signed a keeper [on loan], but where is he ? Awaiting paperwork we are told. Get it sorted, the 3 points at the start of the season are just as important as those at the edn of it. I for one would rather be the team the others are chasing rather than us trying to play "catch-up" and if anyone thinks the current squad is deep enough to win the league is living in cloud cookoo land. A few injuries to key players will see a dramatic downturn in team performances.

Be patient we are told.

Lennon stated we had McDonald from Motherwell, [irrespective of if you thought he was/is a good player or not], he , at least would have given us another striking option.

Be patient we are told.

We are crying out for an attacking, goal scoring midfield player. Henderson was the faovourite to fill this role. Seems he is not coming [or is he ?].

Be patient we are told.

I know, be patient.

Lennon has also stated he hopes to sign two others [after Shinnie], -- Well where are they ?

Yeah yeah - be patient.

Getting a wee bit boring, get the players in a.s.a.p. , not like we appear to be doing, at the last minute. Typical Hibs, wait til the last minute.

Just for once, I would like to have the squad assembled and ready to go on the first day of the season.

The bit in bold stopped me in my tracks... Get it sorted? What do you want us to do, storm the foreign office demanding we get a work permit same day? Unfortunately things like that are outwith our control.

The three points at the start of the season bit, well here we are, not improved our squad according to you, and sitting with 6 points out of 6 including 3 away to potentially our biggest threat.

This "squad improvement" myth is way off the mark. We have arguably improved our coaching staff, every young player in the squad, McGinn, Cummings etc are one year older. McGeough and Fyvie to return to fitness, once the red tape is lifted we will have dramatically improved our goalkeeper and in turn our defence as a whole...

We are one or two away from having an extremely good squad, Shinnie will do that as will one or two others, but to complain after winning two out of two is beyond extreme.

Left by mutual consent!
    I recall the days pre-Bosman, pre 'transfer windows' when clubs pretty much operated with the same squad for several seasons on the trot, adding just one or maybe two players in the close season and you'd then see the squad photo printed in the paper and you knew that was the squad your team was going with that season.

These days we seem to have no idea what our squad will end up like by the end of August. As the OP says, it's a frustrating state of affairs and on the surface there appears to be a lack of urgency to get anything over the line. I'd thought the prospect of playing under Lennon might carry some clout when it came to bringing players in but there's little sign of that so far. What's the hold-up? Lack of cash? Seems we should be pulling the finger out given how important it is to maintain the winning start to the season. Too many repeats of last weekend's slightly lucky win over Dunfermline will soon see us drop points if we don't stiffen up the squad pronto.

I know Hibs tend to keep things quiet until deals are actually done but at present some sort of official update on progress would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    The part about McDonald tells me you just want signings for the sake of it. Delighted the club have moved away from that terrible mindset.

Nope, you couldn't be more wrong, personally I am glad the wased out wee scroat didn't sign for us, however, having said that, Lennon obviously wanted him , even went public with it, [wrongly imo], but as he didn't sign for us, - for whatever reason, we havent exactly set the heather on fire to sign another striker now have we ?
    Not just sign anyone for the sake of it, but there are good players out there we could sign, probably will at some point over next few weeks, but why the wait ?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    The club wanted McDonald though?

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

I know, be patient.

Yeah yeah - be patient.

Your A Grumpy Auld Git right enough
    Chill Lennon will Deliver

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The club wanted McDonald though?
    The OP said he just wanted another striking option. Thinking like that got us Kuqi...

I believe that 3 signings are imminent, one is out injured for six weeks, the other will be 2 weeks away from match fitness (always) and the other will be waiting on paperwork being done before breaking his foot in training. There's always the out of contract players (stuck in Rotterdam) after the window slams shut so it won't be all over just yet. Have patience man 😄

Promising Youngster
    Well we only need to be patient for a couple more weeks, then we can make a true assessment. We need a minimum of a striker and an attacking midfielder (of sufficient quality to replace Stokes and Henderson). Anything less and people will understandably be frustrated.

6 points out of 6 is all we need to know just now.

I'm as pissed off as all the pissed off supporters that we didn't start the season with a full, settled squad, pre season trained up and having playing plans A to Z drummed into them like it's second nature.

3 points away from home against the team perceived to be among our biggest rivals for the top spot.

3 points against a decent free scoring Dunfermline team who I personally think will probably challenge for a play off spot in this league.

Canny argue that 6 out of 6 is the best start we could have hoped for.

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

I know, be patient.

Yeah yeah - be patient.

Bedwetter!!!

We have won both our league games! That's what is important. We want quality not quantity.
    We will get three new players in before the window closes or soon afterwards.
    We will continue to win our league games too!

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    Would you rather we just signed players for the sake of it
    No, but given the lack of time left before the window ends, its looking likely that any signings will be just that sort.

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

I know, be patient.

Yeah yeah - be patient.

Is your real name Rusty Bedsprings?

I have a bit of sympathy with the OP tbh.

We have started the season just fine in the league, results wise, but to be 5 competitive games into the season with a weaker squad than last year and allowing for a settling in period when new signings do arrive I'm a bit concerned.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

I know, be patient.

Yeah yeah - be patient.

Actually agree with you 100%. Getting dubious as to shinnie and any other signings tbh

Be patient we are told.

We have signed an international class goalkeeper, fantastic for our level. The problem with paperwork is not our fault and he should be available for the weekend. And if you haven't noticed we've taken maximum points from our league games. We aren't chasing anyone.

Be patient we are told.

He said it was close to be being completed. McDonald tried to mess the club around in contract talks in the end and I am happy he isn't here. The club WILL 100% be working on strikers to bring in.

Be patient we are told.

Andrew Shinnie is on the brink of signing, a player who would walk into every SPL team aside from Celtic. He is a better player than Henderson, who although has a lot of potential and his deliveries in the final have landed him legendary status, wasn't a guaranteed starter for us last season.

Be patient we are told.

Yes, be patient. Transfers aren't competed at the push of a button. There are a lot of things to sort, arrangements with his family moving etc. This isn't football manager. He will sign.

I know, be patient.

Who knows. Struggle to see why you'd doubt the clubs ability to attract players given our track record in bringing in players able to play at a higher level than the Championship in the last couple of years e.g Allan, McGeouch McGinn, Fyvie, Gray, McGregor, Stokes (not likely to see a repeat of this calibre of player at this level, though), Henderson, El Alagui, Holt and by the looks of things Marciano as well, to give some examples.

Yeah yeah - be patient.

Last edited by HibsNutter; 17-08-2016 at 05:26 PM.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I must confess to worrying a little.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    The transfer window has turned into a game of poker and is all down to mind games between players, agents and club chairmen/women. It's all down to who blinks first. Some you win some you lose. That's the gamble.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Shinnie has arrived.

Better get the mops out, folks.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

And would you look at that, Shinnie has just signed.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir

Call me a bed wetter if you like................but.......

There's one off your list GAG. Shinnie signed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

Be patient we are told.

I know, be patient.

Yeah yeah - be patient.

Lol

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    I must confess to worrying little.
    :
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn