hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Dumbarton away tickets

Just thinking ahead here with the lottery of getting a ticket for the hibs end, has anyone ever went in the Dumbarton end for this one? Would they post out tickets or did you have to purchase in advance in person?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Looked at dumbartons site yesterday and couldn't find anything on there to buy tickets. Will be difficult

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    It's strange we didn't have people scrambling for tickets for this fixture over the last two seasons... Why the sudden interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's strange we didn't have people scrambling for tickets for this fixture over the last two seasons... Why the sudden interest?
    Success on the pitch brings more fans in.. Not rocket science

Quote Originally Posted by smithy_hibees View Post
    Success on the pitch brings more fans in.. Not rocket science

Is that right? Shame they never turned up last two seasons then eh.

Is that right? Shame they never turned up last two seasons then eh.
    And what success outwith winning the Scottish cup have we had ?? Definitely don't blame the fans for not turning up the past few seasons do you ?? I was season ticket holder last season btw.. Not this season due to work commitments.. Are you a season ticket holder?? So you attend home and away matches ?? Do you blame the fans for not attending a lot the past few seasons ??

And what success outwith winning the Scottish cup have we had ?? Definitely don't blame the fans for not turning up the past few seasons do you ?? I was season ticket holder last season btw.. Not this season due to work commitments.. Are you a season ticket holder?? So you attend home and away matches ?? Do you blame the fans for not attending a lot the past few seasons ??

Home and away season ticket holder. I take it you don't count getting to cup semi finals and a league cup final as success? Making the play offs two seasons in a row, albeit not winning them. We are talking about 700 tickets. A fixture that has went to a public sale 4 times over the last two seasons. All of a sudden people are panicking that they won't get one. Pisses me off that folk couldn't be arsed the last two years. Now there's an outcry that there won't be enough tickets. I think this is the third thread already about Dumbarton tickets or lack of.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Home and away season ticket holder. I take it you don't count getting to cup semi finals and a league cup final as success? Making the play offs two seasons in a row, albeit not winning them. We are talking about 700 tickets. A fixture that has went to a public sale 4 times over the last two seasons. All of a sudden people are panicking that they won't get one. Pisses me off that folk couldn't be arsed the last two years. Now there's an outcry that there won't be enough tickets. I think this is the third thread already about Dumbarton tickets or lack of.
    So it pisses you off that supporters are coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    So it pisses you off that supporters are coming back?

No, it pisses me off that they have been awol the last two seasons.

No, it pisses me off that they have been awol the last two seasons.
    But this is a new season and they are back so you should be happy instead of moaning about the past.....no?

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Well you'll no have to worry aboot getting a ticket for yourself then so leave the laddie alone, all Hibbies welcome. Pisses a lot of us off the way some supporters seem to think they hold the high ground FFS we are all supporting the same team!!

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Well you'll no have to worry aboot getting a ticket for yourself then so leave the laddie alone, all Hibbies welcome. Pisses a lot of us off the way some supporters seem to think they hold the high ground FFS we are all supporting the same team!!

You'll find the most moaning comes from folk who don't go to games.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    But this is a new season and they are back so you should be happy instead of moaning about the past.....no?

Ok, they're back but the first thing that happens is they complain that there's not enough tickets for Dumbarton when this amount has been enough for the last two seasons. Not aimed at op by the way.

Whose complained? I've not seen anyone complain just ask about how they will be obtainable and what chances there are of getting a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Finn2015 View Post
    Whose complained? I've not seen anyone complain just ask about how they will be obtainable and what chances there are of getting a ticket
    Not having a go btw hermit just wandering. Have people complained? It's a tiny stadium so it was it is unfortunately

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    You'll find the most moaning comes from folk who don't go to games.
    Classic attention seeking HC, must try harder is my verdict

I really don't get your gripe about there being too many Hibs fans wanting a limited number of tickets for an away fixture. So what if there has been an increase on demand this season, that's positive news surely?

Please shut up.. Honestly moaning because fans are returning to watch the club you have an home and away season ticket for... Laughable, did your partner or family member let you use there computer today and thought you'd come on and argue with people ?? Fans or fan like you sit on you own at games?? Shouting and moaning for the full 90mins

@hibs.net private member
    I can certainly explain our situation, we had around 200 loyalty points while meant we were not guaranteed a ticket, this season, as I've said its a bit of a lottery, merely trying to suss out the best way to secure a ticket - does that make sense now?
    Last edited by H18 SFR; 14-08-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Please shut up.. Honestly moaning because fans are returning to watch the club you have an home and away season ticket for... Laughable, did your partner or family member let you use there computer today and thought you'd come on and argue with people ?? Fans or fan like you sit on you own at games?? Shouting and moaning for the full 90mins

I think I have every right to post my opinion about fans not turning up over the last two seasons. If you're not happy with my posts then please use the ignore user function.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Ok, they're back but the first thing that happens is they complain that there's not enough tickets for Dumbarton when this amount has been enough for the last two seasons. Not aimed at op by the way.
    How many of the 15k Hibs fans who turned up yesterday would you have preferred to stay away?

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    I can certainly explain our situation, we had around 200 loyalty points while meant we were not guaranteed a ticket, this season, as I've said its a bit of a lottery, merely trying to suss out the best way to secure a ticket - does that make sense now?

Every game at Dumbarton has went to a public sale so that isn't really a valid excuse. If you want a ticket badly enough you'll get one by either queuing overnight or getting online as soon as sales begin.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    How many of the 15k Hibs fans who turned up yesterday would you have preferred to stay away?

The ones in front of me who left when Dunfermline equalised after screaming abuse at the team.

@hibs.net private member
    You're totally missing the point I'm making. Please re-read my op and my last post.

I'm talking about how last year I wasn't guaranteed a ticket and how this year is a lottery. For the record, I was at Dumbarton last year - the point I'm making is this year is a lottery and I'm trying to suss out what it will take to get one.

Is that clear? Is any further clarification required? If so, let's PM so folk don't waste any time reading this *****.

You're totally missing the point I'm making. Please re-read my op and my last post.

I'm talking about how last year I wasn't guaranteed a ticket and how this year is a lottery. For the record, I was at Dumbarton last year - the point I'm making is this year is a lottery and I'm trying to suss out what it will take to get one.

Is that clear? Is any further clarification required? If so, let's PM so folk don't waste any time reading this *****.

What will it take to get one? You just need to be quicker than everybody else. Bearing in mind there just over 200 away season holders so there will be around 500 tickets to split between 11k season ticket holders.

What will it take to get one? You just need to be quicker than everybody else. Bearing in mind there just over 200 away season holders so there will be around 500 tickets to split between 11k season ticket holders.
    Where did the 200 number come from?

The ones in front of me who left when Dunfermline equalised after screaming abuse at the team.
    Bartley got it tight from lots of folk around me to the point it was becoming abusive and uncalled for

@hibs.net private member
    Again, you're totally missing my point and quite frankly stating the obvious.

Have you read my op in relation to whether or not Dumbarton post tickets etc. Are you actually being serious here?

@hibs.net private member
    Again, you're totally missing my point and quite frankly stating the obvious.

Have you read my op in relation to whether or not Dumbarton post tickets etc. Are you actually being serious here?
    Cancel that, I've just realised who you are, you seem to be the knobby type who causes frustration on many posts. Thanks for your input, no further discussion required here, all the best.

Does anyone know when they're due to get on sale?