hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Irn Bru Cup - Turriff v Hibs

Can someone tell me the dates of round 3 please? Sure thats the round we enter.
    Last edited by hibee_girl; 18-08-2016 at 12:24 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone tell me the dates of round 3 please? Sure thats the round we enter.
    3rd and 4th September I think. Weekend games

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Is it a free for all draw? or is there a seeding? Is this also when the teams from Wales/NI are introduced?

I'm not sure how I feel about the IB cup, I was quite keen to try and make a go of it this season and the Welsh/NI teams seemed like an interesting addition. However the U20 teams from the Premiership has totally stumped me. Absolutely terrible decision which detracts any interest in the tournament while also being a complete smack in the face to teams who compete in it - I'm sure many Raith fans would deem winning it a couple of years ago (admittedly v. Rangers - always fun) as a high point of the last few years for them, now it's being made a mockery of. IMO
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Is it a free for all draw? or is there a seeding? Is this also when the teams from Wales/NI are introduced?

I'm not sure how I feel about the IB cup, I was quite keen to try and make a go of it this season and the Welsh/NI teams seemed like an interesting addition. However the U20 teams from the Premiership has totally stumped me. Absolutely terrible decision which detracts any interest in the tournament while also being a complete smack in the face to teams who compete in it - I'm sure many Raith fans would deem winning it a couple of years ago (admittedly v. Rangers - always fun) as a high point of the last few years for them, now it's being made a mockery of. IMO
    The Welsh and Northern Irish teams don't enter until the 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Thanks
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Hopefully a trip to either of these places.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member
    When is the draw?

Letting in u20 teams is just their way of easing in the old firm B teams into the lower league. Well that's my take on it. Takes away the point of the cup in the first place! Lower league teams only. Can't wait for next year when we don't have to play in it.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    The ties are this week, so would expect the draw towards the end of this week. Have Hibs made any indication if they are playing their development team or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    The ties are this week, so would expect the draw towards the end of this week. Have Hibs made any indication if they are playing their development team or not?
    It should be a no brainer. It was a joke of a competition before and now with the u20 sides its a farce. The sooner we are out of it the better IMO.

I think Lennon will play a development team , or atleast leave out our main guys like Dylan , McGinn , Cummings ect. His remit is to be promoted and wont want any distractions.

No. Just no.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I think Lennon will play a development team , or atleast leave out our main guys like Dylan , McGinn , Cummings ect. His remit is to be promoted and wont want any distractions.
    McGinn and Cummings could be away with the Scotland national team or the under 21's, if their eligible

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    It should be a no brainer. It was a joke of a competition before and now with the u20 sides its a farce. The sooner we are out of it the better IMO.
    I don't think it was a joke competition IMO - it was a vary serious competition for teams that were outwith the top flight of Scotland and would have been one I'd liked to have seen us win. However, the addition of U20 teams makes it a joke - can't understand who would ever agree to such a ridiculous idea.

I'd like to see us play a reasonable team if we're drawn against a normal team (maybe without a couple of key guys so long as it's still a team likely to win), but if we get drawn against one of the U20 teams I'd hope that we'd likewise play an U20 team.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    I don't think it was a joke competition IMO - it was a vary serious competition for teams that were outwith the top flight of Scotland and would have been one I'd liked to have seen us win. However, the addition of U20 teams makes it a joke - can't understand who would ever agree to such a ridiculous idea.

I'd like to see us play a reasonable team if we're drawn against a normal team (maybe without a couple of key guys so long as it's still a team likely to win), but if we get drawn against one of the U20 teams I'd hope that we'd likewise play an U20 team.

Hopefully we draw Hearts colts or whatever their called and play our u20's.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    3rd and 4th September I think. Weekend games
    Hopefully a home tie that I suppose I will go to. The wife will understand 😂

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Having a look at the SPFL web site, it seems the U20 premier teams are no longer called this. They are all listed as Colts?!? First they want to be like the English with the league set up, now they're going for an American term for U20 teams. I have to admit when I seen Heart Colts, I read it all wrong and thought a Hibee had hacked the SPFL web site

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Only in Scotland can teams from other countries come into a cup at a later stage than there own teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Only in Scotland can teams from other countries come into a cup at a later stage than there own teams.
    True

To treat this joke in a serious manner would be a massive error of judgement, and one which I don't see Lennon making. As a first team endeavour all this mess can offer Hibs is potential distraction, injuries and embarrassment.

We should play a reserve/youth side and aim to win it with that.

Otherwise ignore. I certainly wouldn't dream of wasting my money on a single fixture.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    Having a look at the SPFL web site, it seems the U20 premier teams are no longer called this. They are all listed as Colts?!? First they want to be like the English with the league set up, now they're going for an American term for U20 teams. I have to admit when I seen Heart Colts, I read it all wrong and thought a Hibee had hacked the SPFL web site
    Colts is used at youth level over here.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Play our colts or let the hibs.net team enter. I don't want our first team entertaining this in any way whatsoever as too much is at stake.

@hibs.net private member
    The teams from Ireland and Wales also bring a couple of additional TV deals.
    The 20's addition is supposed to help player development playing against senior opposition and in a competitive environment.
    It's still a good competition for lower league teams and the Tournie will pay travel costs for teams drawn in Ireland and Wales.
    It's good to see them trying to be innovative.

If Hibs get drawn against an U20 team we better send out our strongest team or it could be embarassing.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    Colts is used at youth level over here.

tbh I was just using to make the joke about the yams U20 being colts, it never worked, would have it they were cults or conts a two letter jump was just too much

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    If Hibs get drawn against an U20 team we better send out our strongest team or it could be embarassing.

Totally disagree. Sending out a strong team against an u20 side would be embarrassing.

We can't have this getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Totally disagree. Sending out a strong team against an u20 side would be embarrassing.

We can't have this getting in the way.
    It will be a tough call either way!

Don't think it will be a tough call, all fans would understand if we decided throw out youngsters in for this competition surely

I quite fancy a wee trip to Wales or N.Ireland so wouldn't mind us putting out a full strength team to be fair.

If we were drawn against rangers, Celtic or hearts U21s, what's the chances of them playing first team players in their team or are they not allowed to do that?

Anybody know what Welsh teams are in it ?