hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

3 pts.....but that wasn't good enough!

Now don't get me wrong, it's all about the 3 points, but we got away with that one today. We need to start playing a heck of a lot better than that or we'll start to get punished. I think today has again highlighted the need for signings. Without McGeough and Fyvie in that midfield, and of course no Henderson, we badly are lacking in the creativity department.

We can't line up with Bartley and McGinn as the only recognized midfielders and rely on Gray and Stevenson for width. This needs addressed.

I don't think many of the 16k+ fans would of been too impressed today and that disappoints me. Really wish Holt had put one of his 2 golden chances away which would of made it a bit easier and bred mire confidence.

We've still given ourself a platform though with 6/6 points.

2. Log in to remove the advert

After Tuesday that was a huge result. Two games, two wins, gap already. Huge

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Really not fussed if we play pretty football or not this season, we need to win games and get promotion, if we play below par and win every week ill be happy

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We made very hard work of that. Very happy to get the points but the performance left a lot to be desired.

Definitely need new faces in that team asap. I think we've been fortunate that we've collected two wins so might have got away with not sitting our squad out early. That luck won't last though.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Agree with the OP.

Formation all wrong for me. Not enough pace in the side. Need to move the ball quicker. IMO we should move away from the 3 central defenders and play some wingers or at least wider central midfielders with Gray and Stevenson overlapping. Thought we were lucky to win today.

Their goal was great mind!

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really not fussed if we play pretty football or not this season, we need to win games and get promotion, if we play below par and win every week ill be happy
    Oh same here. However statistics dictate that if we play bellow par we will NOT win every game as we'll inevitably get punished at times.

It's not good enough I agree very lucky today...of course il take it but I hate this formation - and when only playing 2 central mids...1 can't be Bartley.
    On another note...Collum is still murder

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Once we scored the second we had our best spell of game. The trickery and pace of Boyle and the dynamism of McGeouch had us looking a lot better.
    Not a great performance, but a great three points.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    3pts is always good enough, always.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir

It wasn't great at times but we could have been out of sight at half time again.

We need to cease the 3-5-2 as we don't look comfortable at all and it was no surprise to me that bring Dylan on and going 4-4-2 with Squirrel that we then minimised Dunfermline much better and were much better on the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sniff my manky ring......we won ...we got 3 points...we won ugly

Only thing that matters is getting more points than anybody else, if we achieve that with a bit style that's a bonus. Getting out of this league is the all that matters.
    Last edited by Killiehibbie; 13-08-2016 at 04:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    2 wins against teams that may be in the mix at the end of the season.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    It was hard work today, but we were just the better team. Boyle and Dylan made the difference when they came on. In fact Boyle was outstanding.

United we stand here....

Wasn't a great performance but that's maximum points. We will improve and still to add to the squad, that will do for starters.

That was poor, very similar to Tuesday. We got three points though and hopefully Lennon will learn from it. We cant persist with stevenson and gray as wingbacks.

20 minutes of that second half was absolutely dreadful and it must be adressed, 3 points or not.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Not pretty but 6 points from the first 2 games

We've not done that in 7 seasons

But we will improve

We may not have been too pretty but the Rangers and hearts did plenty of that in the previous 2 season

@hibs.net private member
    Lennon has talked about a winning mentality and we still need to instill that in team. We should have been out of site long before there second goal and we also began to panic somewhat once they equalised.

However, Lennon needs to look at the formation, the way were set up and the effect it has on our play. I'm still confident for this season but we need reinforcements in key positions and a switch in playing style.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    We should have had more goals, but they've got some good, quick players and Higginbotham can be a great player when he gets it right.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Oh same here. However statistics dictate that if we play bellow par we will NOT win every game as we'll inevitably get punished at times.
    Two wins is two wins.

We will turn the style on as we settle in, I don't doubt that. We will also strengthen the squad with players who our opponents couldn't attract.

When we were seeking promotion in 98-99 we started slowly - four points from the first nine, eight from the first eighteen.

We are six from six against two of the better teams in this league. I'm comfortable with that.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    We made it difficult for ourselves at times but the main fact is another 3 points on the board

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    It was a good day at the office, and most certainly good enough. We've played much better than that in many championship games in the last two seasons and not won. We made it hard for ourselves, sure - but we were the better team, with by far the better chances, and deserved winners.

Happy with that.

Expect far better from hibs. Its fair enough saying the 3 points is what matters, keep turning in performances like that though and we wont be so lucky next time. Bin that 3-5-2 and go with the team that finished next week (excpet the mcgregor sub).

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Now don't get me wrong, it's all about the 3 points, but we got away with that one today. We need to start playing a heck of a lot better than that or we'll start to get punished. I think today has again highlighted the need for signings. Without McGeough and Fyvie in that midfield, and of course no Henderson, we badly are lacking in the creativity department.

We can't line up with Bartley and McGinn as the only recognized midfielders and rely on Gray and Stevenson for width. This needs addressed.

I don't think many of the 16k+ fans would of been too impressed today and that disappoints me. Really wish Holt had put one of his 2 golden chances away which would of made it a bit easier and bred mire confidence.

We've still given ourself a platform though with 6/6 points.
    agree 100%

thought early on super John McGin was gonna score first cracking performance, no sure about the cummings/ holt partnership as we struggled with the route one, thought the threat level was better once Boyle and Mcgeough came on.
    reckon we need at least 3 players, new LB and 2 strikers

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Agree that we are still yet to click but I am not mumping tonight because the last two league games are the type we would have drawn last season. Been ahead and then pulled back and then be holding on for point. When I open the paper tomorrow we will have six from six and how got them is secondary.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Expect far better from hibs. Its fair enough saying the 3 points is what matters, keep turning in performances like that though and we wont be so lucky next time. Bin that 3-5-2 and go with the team that finished next week (excpet the mcgregor sub).
    We weren't lucky this time.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar

there's just a lack of urgency that gets me. so many times today we were going on the attack and players just casually jogging along almost like they didn't want to get involved. at one point we had 3 players in the box with the ball and looking dangerous and McGinn and Bartley were practically walking from the half way line to join the attack.. should be busting a gut to get in there and support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We won, so we were clearly good enough on the day. Over the course of the season, improvement required obviously. It'll take a bit of time for everything to click under Lennon but we're taking 3 points in the meantime.

That'll do nicely.

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    I thought we were shocking today til Dylan and Boyle came on and injected some much needed skill and pace. I am not a fan of the signing of Holt, he is a player to bring on later in games to create a bit of panic but other than that he offers very little thru not being sharp enough. We too often go aimlessly long with him starting IMO as well.

Three points and huge relief to win but there is a hell of a lot to improve on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk