hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    'S' Form

Caley Thistle giving a Trial to El Alagui

Inverness are giving Farid a Trial period. They obviously think he might be good enough for the Premiership - Stubbs thought he wasn't good enough for the Championship !

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good player to be fair to him but injured all the time.

He was more than good enough for the Championship, just never fit.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    He'll pass the trial, get a contract, then break down again.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Reynard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Inverness are giving El Alagui a Trial. They obviously think he might be good enough for the Premiership - Stubbs thought ne wasn't good enough for the Championship !
    Fitness is the issue not ability. He had injuries before coming to us and then throughout his time here - there's no way we would have been risking a renewed contract after that.

Inverness are giving El Alagui a Trial. They obviously think he might be good enough for the Premiership - Stubbs thought ne wasn't good enough for the Championship !
    That's nonsense. El Alagui's body was not good enough, if it weren't for the continued injuries I have no doubt Farid would have had a contract offer from Hibs. Secondly its a trial doesn't mean he will get a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Fitness is the issue not ability. He had injuries before coming to us and then throughout his time here - there's no way we would have been risking a renewed contract after that.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    If he signs the medical, he'll play about 5 games for them.

El Alagui was clearly a very good player but incapable of having a consistent run of games without another 3/4 months out after that injury at Alloa.

It'd be a pisser if he ended up being like McPake - drawing a big wage from us whilst never managing to get himself fit before going and playing lots of games for his next club.

Sean Welsh too.

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    i saw him jogging the other day on the cycle path up near ainslie park. he was wearing hibs shorts.

cool story, bro.

Good luck to him - nice guy and scored a great goal against the yams.

Shame didn't work out for him at ER - Achilles injuries are a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post
    i saw him jogging the other day on the cycle path up near ainslie park. he was wearing hibs shorts.

cool story, bro.
    Lives in Drylaw I think with his missus. Uses Ainslie swimming baths quite alot too.

Good player, liked him. No offence to Farid but any club giving him a contract other than a pay-per-play deal must be off their nut.

The criticism of Farid really doesn't sit well with me. He always gave his all whenever fit. It's not his fault that he's had bad luck with injuries and i'm sure he's as frustrated as everyone else. Seen him in the crowd a few times at games and he has always been a gentleman and talked positively about Hibs. It's a shame it never worked out with us as he was fantastic first season but that's life

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    It'd be a pisser if he ended up being like McPake - drawing a big wage from us whilst never managing to get himself fit before going and playing lots of games for his next club.

Sean Welsh too.
    McPakes had a shocker of an injury, wouldnt say hes went on to play more for dundee than he did at us.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Inverness are giving Farid a Trial period. They obviously think he might be good enough for the Premiership - Stubbs thought he wasn't good enough for the Championship !

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Sean Welsh too.
    McPake's been injured since January and isn't expected to come back until next year.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    McPakes had a shocker of an injury, wouldnt say hes went on to play more for dundee than he did at us.
    His injury was a shocker but it came as result of a really unlucky incident in a tackle in a game.

He'd played loads for Dundee in the 18 months after leaving us and there was no sign of the chronic back injury that stopped him playing for us more.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Yes he did, he signed him

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by franck sauzee View Post
    The criticism of Farid really doesn't sit well with me. He always gave his all whenever fit. It's not his fault that he's had bad luck with injuries and i'm sure he's as frustrated as everyone else. Seen him in the crowd a few times at games and he has always been a gentleman and talked positively about Hibs. It's a shame it never worked out with us as he was fantastic first season but that's life
    I don't think there's anyone that's being critical of Farid himself - he is a good lad and is clearly a good player.

Unfortunately though he was a terrible signing because of injuries - that were not his fault.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Lives in Drylaw I think with his missus. Uses Ainslie swimming baths quite alot too.

Good player, liked him. No offence to Farid but any club giving him a contract other than a pay-per-play deal must be off their nut.
    His girlfriend stays just past the red bridge as you are coming in to Drylaw, normally see his car parked there, don,t think he stays with her though.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd have him here if he was fit

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I'd have him here if he was fit
    I think we all would.

I'll stick my neck out and say I don't think we'd be in the Championship if he'd been fit for most of the past 2 seasons.

But sadly, the reality is that he's seldom fit and therefore he's not a player we can afford to take a risk on.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think we all would.

I'll stick my neck out and say I don't think we'd be in the Championship if he'd been fit for most of the past 2 seasons.

But sadly, the reality is that he's seldom fit and therefore he's not a player we can afford to take a risk on.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    I felt for him as you could tell there was a player in there, its just a pity he cant seem to get any luck and stay fit.

That goal against Hearts shows what he has in the locker but unfortunately, we didnt see it enough.

The Hampden semi final against Dundee United really summed it all up for him, brought on as a sub and then subbed again due to injury if my memory serves me correctly.

Anyway, good luck to the guy.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm surprised he passed the medical at Hibs, yes he did his achilles in but the injury in his knee was never getting better.

The achilles injury looks like its healed, but he was always breaking down with his knee.

If we dont find a decent back up to Holt in this window id sign Alagui on a pay as you play deal! No risk but could give us some rewards if he does manage to get himself fit!

Nothing to lose.

As for Stubbs not thinking he was good enough for the championship, Stubbs signed him to come and get us out of the championship.

Injuries were the only reason he never got a new contract imo.

Hope he makes it. Pay as you play maybe.

He could have given us a direct threat last year when we struggled against packed defences. He came on against Dumbarton when we were 3 down and changed the game. A real pity that his injury cost him his place at Hibs and I really hope he can continue playing.

I like Farid. If he didn't get that horrific injury I think he would of become a hero. I have no doubt he would of scored a lot of goals.

Good luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    I like Farid. If he didn't get that horrific injury I think he would of become a hero. I have no doubt he would of scored a lot of goals.

Good luck to them.
    Unfortunately I think if he hadn't got that injury his knee would have gone within the next few weeks anyway.

I'm with the "how on Earth did Farid/ McPake/ Clancy ever pass a medical in the first place" camp.