hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Jamie Walker the cheat (2 game ban offered)

Scott Brown has called Jamie Walker a cheat after his dive that won Hearts their penalty yesterday.

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1363144...s-scott-brown/

He'll hopefully get pulled up by the compliance officer and given a couple of game ban. Not the first time he's done it either.
    Last edited by Big_Franck; 09-08-2016 at 02:26 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scott Brown has called Jamie Walker a cheat after his dive that won Hearts their penalty yesterday.

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1363144...s-scott-brown/

He'll hopefully get pulled up by the compliance officer and given a couple of game ban. Not the first time he's done it either.
    The ref should be in serious bother for the both of the first two goals. Its never a pen in a million years, and Celtic player was interfering with play for the first goal. Very poor on both.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    And according to a lot of hearts fans he's not allowed to call him that because some of his team mates have cheated before.

With TV cameras at the game, I can't believe he has the gall to say that there 'was contact'!

Shocking dive!

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    The ref should be in serious bother for the both of the first two goals. Its never a pen in a million years, and Celtic player was interfering with play for the first goal. Very poor on both.
    I believe the offside rule was changed during the summer, as he didn't attempt to play the ball he isn't considered offside.

I wonder if Sportsound will bring it up at every opportunity, as with McGinn last season, or just brush it under that lumpy looking carpet of theirs.

On that note did they mention Dundee haven't won the Scottish Cup since 1910 over the weekend?

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    The Hearts midfielder said: "I knocked the ball on and I've seen him [Tierney] coming out the corner of my eye and felt contact so I went down.

"At the end of the day, I am not the referee. I don't give the decisions."

So he's basically saying if he feels any contact at all in the box he's going to go down. Well at least he's honest about being a cheating *******. Except of course he also throws himself to the ground when there hasn't been any contact at all.
    Last edited by Mr White; 08-08-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I believe the offside rule was changed during the summer, as he didn't attempt to play the ball he isn't considered offside.
    Ah really? Where did you see this? It's not covered in the BBC's summary of the rule changes here. It wouldn't be unlike them to get it wrong though.

A 5 game ban for Walker should suffice

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Ah really? Where did you see this? It's not covered in the BBC's summary of the rule changes here. It wouldn't be unlike them to get it wrong though.

A 5 game ban for Walker should suffice
    I'm sure the commentator mentioned it yesterday, doesnae make it gospel though. :-)

So Walker is a cheat and a Hearts fan attemps to assault Sinclair after the goal (see video below):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P_N...fb&app=desktop

Why have the media not picked up on this attempted punch?

Walker deserves a 2 game ban.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    So Walker is a cheat and a Hearts fan attemps to assault Sinclair after the goal (see video below):

Simple wee capture for police Glasgow here, full frontal of the yam erse. They'll be right on the case as soon as their crack team finish the missing elephant in the phone box case.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Was just about to post about the hearts fan taking a swing at the Celtic player after he scored. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere Wonder what would have happened if he had made contact.

That's actual assault if the Cup Final is anything to go by.

They aren't interested in making Hearts fans look bad.

i was trying to read that but couldn't find the rule... so that mean you can put a player infront of the goalie for every free kick? it doesn't make sense.

As bad as dive as I've ever seen. Such a class club. Not.

This is doing the rounds from Twitter :D

"'He's expecting contact which is why he goes down' aye nae bother Neil McCann I'm expecting my hole but I don't walk about with my dick oot."

I listened to Michael Stewart and understood it that last season the Celtic goal would have been allowed but that this season with the rule change Beaton should have disallowed it. If that makes sense.

Maybe me not listening properly as has been known.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    That fan is hardly 'taking a swing' at Sinclair. No intention of actually connecting and I'd guess that he would'nt be the sort who would have the nerve or bottle to carry out such an attack.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 08-08-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    That fan is hardly 'taking a swing' at Sinclair. No intention of actually connecting and I'd guess that he would'nt be the sort who would have the nerve or bottle to carry out such an attack.
    Two hurl a spit at him...two try to swing at him. both closer than Hibs fans were to Rangers players.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    If it's not a swing what is he trying to do? Pat him on the back of the head with his knuckle?

Blog Entries
    If Sinclair had been playing for The Rangers he'd be in hospital now on life support. The interpretation of the offside rule was changed, but to make it more likely that Celtc's goal would have been ruled out. However the player in the "offside" position still has to be hindering the keeper's view, I can't remember exact wording. I believe it wasn't certain that was the case yesterday.

Shocking dive. also, how dirty were they yesterday??!!. kicking lumps out of the celtc players at every opportunity, 7 or 8 yellow cards i believe. anti football at its best from the pink lot!

"At the end of the day I am not the referee, I don't give the decisions."
    'Walker after Hearts v Celtic match (7/8/16)
    'Probably the greatest defence testimony...said no-one ever. You're not the ref but your attempt to win a penalty, through deliberate diving, invited the ref into making that decision you erse!

On the Celtic goal. Two years ago refs were given the directive about 'line of sight.' However, I'm sure this season another directive was given whereby, if the player attempts to get out of the way or makes no attempt to play the incoming ball he is not offside. I feel for the officials on this one: how difficult must it be to have all these directives going round your head as well as looking for other infringements. Don't forget the ref could have blown for a spot kick leading up to the strike.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Not if he is in the goalies eye line which IMO he clearly was. Appalling refereeing IMO in both of the biggest decisions.

Blog Entries
    Here's the offside law, see bold below. . Looking at the replay I believe that although Armstrong is clearly in an "offside position" he's not clearly obstructing Hamilton's vision.

IMO the most important statement is the following.
    It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or interfering with an opponent by:preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision.
    • Its one of those things, if I was a Yam (aaaaargh!) I'd be screaming for offside. As a neutral (cough) the verdict is great goal!

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    This is doing the rounds from Twitter :D

"'He's expecting contact which is why he goes down' aye nae bother Neil McCann I'm expecting my hole but I don't walk about with my dick oot."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Not if he is in the goalies eye line which IMO he clearly was. Appalling refereeing IMO in both of the biggest decisions.
    That was my first thought but if you watch again you can see that Hamilton clearly sees where the ball is going, his view is not obstructed. He dives but just doesn't get there.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Here's the offside law, see bold below. . Looking at the replay I believe that although Armstrong is clearly in an "offside position" he's not clearly obstructing Hamilton's vision.

IMO the most important statement is the following.
    It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or interfering with an opponent by:preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision.
    • Its one of those things, if I was a Yam (aaaaargh!) I'd be screaming for offside. As a neutral (cough) the verdict is great goal!

Thanks for that Brog. Like you, If it were in the same circumstances against Hibs, I would be screaming for offside. If it was for us I would be celebrating a great goal.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    That was my first thought but if you watch again you can see that Hamilton clearly sees where the ball is going, his view is not obstructed. He dives but just doesn't get there.
    He sees where the ball is going however Armstrong makes a move to get out of the way of the ball and IMO is interfering with play.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Walker hasn't exactly denied that he has dived. Not sure that blaming the Ref for giving the decision is all that clever either. Would expect that he will get pulled up for this but you can't take away the goal and although it made no odds there will be times when this settles a game.