Back to normal then

No Championship highlights

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    No surprise then

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Yip. Gave it a try to see if the Championship was mentioned but no..... Taking it off my series links now.

Anyone surprised, they have The Rangers and Celtic in same league now. Nothing else matters
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

If I'm honest I don't give a flying one.

I have a very high disliking (hate a very strong word) for the BBC Sportsound tram and ghe likes.

Think that includes Sportscene. I will say I don't mind Mikey Stewart though

Absolute joke, they should be showing Hibs, United and maybe Falkirk, even if just the goals

********s!!

Is the championship getting is own programme or are we completely bumped because rangers are not in this league any more

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Remember the days Scotsport used to show first division games.

Bring that back.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    I enjoyed the programme.

Just a shame they've ditched what they had when showing the lower league highlights.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the championship getting is own programme or are we completely bumped because rangers are not in this league any more
    The answer to that looks pretty obvious I'm afraid, Championship clearly doesn't exist now that der hun have got to the SPL. Really hope LD can get somewhere working
    with the txssers who ru(i)n our gaame.
    GG

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Tom Hart would have been be delighted.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Don't get the hate with sportscene. It's time we stopped slagging off our game, knocking Scottish football highlights and paying a fortune to sky to plough money into the EPL and push our game further behind.
    I saw some good football tonight but some poor crowds for day 1. Would love to see a real push to promote our own game and get the crowds back. More of our TV licence fees should be given to Scottish football. The fact England international games are shown free here and not Scotland games is absolutely incredible.
    On a separate note though, I think it's an utter disgrace that they stop showing the championship once rangers are away.

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Back to normal then

No Championship highlights
    Check the attendances at the games more watched most of the championship games than the SPL games apart from the The Rangers on Saturday Big league my Archie.

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Embarrassing. No attempt by BBC Glasgow to even pretend having an interest in other Scottish clubs.

A west of Scotland club in Championship for 2 seasons, we get selected game highlights every week. As soon as they get promoted, the Championship games are bumped completely, despite the Scottish cup winners, the Arabs and a really competitive 6 or 7 other teams all capable of finishing in the playoffs, in that league.

Not even attempting to hide their OF blinkers now - so amateur and tinpot. Imagine this happening in England...

**** them all, every last one of them!!

Let's be honest, how long have we known that the only thing that matters in Scottish football is the old firm.

My biggest problem always has, and always will be the marketing of our game. Even Barry Hearn ripped our top chiefs but have they done anything other than cream over the return of the old firm derby??

Won't miss many home games but .net will have to do and I can visualise for most away games

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Don't get the hate with sportscene. It's time we stopped slagging off our game instead of knocking Scottish football highlights and paying a fortune to sky to plough money into the EPL and push our game further behind.
    I saw some good football tonight but some poor crowds for day 1. Would love to see a real push to promote our own game and get the crowds back. More of our TV licence fees should be given to Scottish football. The fact England international games are shown free here and not Scotland games is absolutely incredible.
    On a separate note though, I think it's an utter disgrace that they stop showing the championship once rangers are away.
    They weren't showing the championship.

They were showing The Rangers.

There's not much point getting upset about the attention the uglies get.

There is more interest in either of them than in the rest of Scottish football combined.

The BBC strive to provide the viewing that their audience wants so of course they'll show Rantic at the expense of everyone else.

Itritating, yes, but entirely understandable.

And another thing, they're instantly losing any potential viewers from the Hibs and Utd fanbases, never mind fans from the likes of Falkirk, the pars, Raith, Morton etc. I didn't realise our one and only highlights show was in a position to alienate so many potential viewers...

Quote Originally Posted by renato View Post
    And another thing, they're instantly losing any potential viewers from the Hibs and Utd fanbases, never mind fans from the likes of Falkirk, the pars, Raith, Morton etc. I didn't realise our one and only highlights show was in a position to alienate so many potential viewers...
    If they didn't show the uglies, they'd alienate an awful lot more.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

When BT Stopped showing Champ after Sevco gone that was the Baw Burst due to no coverage

Not totally BBC fault as they paid BT for highlights

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    If they didn't show the uglies, they'd alienate an awful lot more.
    I agree. But surely shortening the "analysis" of the games by a minute or two each, allowing them to show the goals from the Championship shouldn't be beyond them

Quote Originally Posted by JOD View Post
    When BT Stopped showing Champ after Sevco gone that was the Baw Burst due to no coverage

Not totally BBC fault as they paid BT for highlights
    Or perhaps this is the main reason why we've now been bumped..

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    They weren't showing the championship.

They were showing The Rangers.

There's not much point getting upset about the attention the uglies get.

There is more interest in either of them than in the rest of Scottish football combined.

The BBC strive to provide the viewing that their audience wants so of course they'll show Rantic at the expense of everyone else.

Itritating, yes, but entirely understandable.
    They are a public service broadcaster.

They should be showing Hibs, the Championship, Threave Rovers and maypole dancing - each fan pays the same license fee as each fan of the Old Firm.

I have no problem with commercial institutions playing the numbers game but I have a big problem with the BBC.

Ah well. Plenty of 3pm Saturday kick offs, no Sportscene highlights, decent Hibs team = more fans paying to watch Hibs = more money for Hibs to spend on players.

I can deal with this.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Why don't they do like they do in England. MOTD for Premiership and the football League show on BBC2 afterwards.

J

The TV companies incur an obligation to promote our game when they buy the rights. The suits who sell these rights have an obligation to promote our game, collectively. It's simply disgraceful to exclude the championship which includes the 5th and 6th (?) best supported clubs in the country, not to mention all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    They are a public service broadcaster.

They should be showing Hibs, the Championship, Threave Rovers and maypole dancing - each fan pays the same license fee as each fan of the Old Firm.

I have no problem with commercial institutions playing the numbers game but I have a big problem with the BBC.

Ah well. Plenty of 3pm Saturday kick offs, no Sportscene highlights, decent Hibs team = more fans paying to watch Hibs = more money for Hibs to spend on players.

I can deal with this.
    I've already commented but this pretty much sums up my views

If you were to complain to the BBC you can be sure they'd come back with "but BBC Alba..". Aye, but BBC Alba was doing its stuff AND we were getting Championship highlights on its main football programme. Not now? We pay for this. Surely the purpose of a public service broadcaster is to provide a breadth of view? No?

2 of the 6 biggest clubs in the country ignored

Look at the attendances yesterday!

Meanwhile STV are showing an English pre season friendly! The full match LIVE!!

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Don't get the hate with sportscene. It's time we stopped slagging off our game, knocking Scottish football highlights and paying a fortune to sky to plough money into the EPL and push our game further behind.
    Agreed, sensible and balanced view. 👍

@hibs.net private member
    Next Saturday Hibs will have the second highest attendance in Scotland, possibly even the highest.Yet the GBC regard it as a non-event. Disgrace.