hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Boycott the daily record

I, theonlywayisup, promise that I'll never ever purchase or even touch the paper called the Daily Record. I will not even look at their website. I'll encourage all Hibs fans to do likewise.

There's no going back. I've had enough of their lies and distortion of facts.

Let's all BOYCOTT THE DAILY RECORD.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Bombard them with e-mails to vent our feelings re there hatred of Hibernian .

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I, theonlywayisup, promise that I'll never ever purchase or even touch the paper called the Daily Record. I will not even look at their website. I'll encourage all Hibs fans to do likewise.

Haven't even acknowledged the existence of the " Daily Record " for the past ten or more years

Almost 15 years for me.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    sport@dailyrecord.co.uk lets bombard that addy

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    sport@dailyrecord.co.uk lets bombard that addy
    Fuel to their fire maybe not a good idea.

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    They won't give a monkeys mate!
    Think they already know how we feel !

It's already been at least 15 years for me as well. GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    It's already been at least 15 years for me as well. GGTTH
    Similar with me, ever since the Jackson/Mckay's attempt to create trouble at the Club over the Thomson/Brown saga.

I've not bought it for a very long time (20+ years) but have now stopped myself clicking on their website as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These threads always confuse me.

Which Hibs fan, and thus I assume sentient being, exchanges cold, hard cash for the Daily Record these days??

I mean, honestly??

I shall "boycott" it by continuing as I have done for the previous 31 years and not touching it with a bargepole.

would never buy the thing but have been guilty of clicking there links before. that wont be happening again.
    Last edited by adhibs; 07-08-2016 at 11:23 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    I never buy it anyway. Klopp refused to answer a question from a Sun journalist yesterday. There's a clip on Twitter.

Wouldn't buy that rag anyway. Their hun arse sooking is beyond pathetic. They stirred the pot during the Scott Allan saga last year in favour of their beloved rangers and their reporting of the cup final aftermath was shocking.

Keith Jackson doesn't even have the dignity to apologise for his downright lies that "11 rangers players were brutally attacked". Pathetic, disgusting attempt to join in with rangers "oh it was the big bad hibees, we only came on to save our players"etc etc pish.

Disgusting rag and I hope the club speak out about how they have treated this club. I hope none of their shabby journalists (in the loosest sense of the word) never again enter ER.

Can we make this a sticky? Are the admin willing to enforce a site wide ban on posting DR links?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    would never buy the thing but hve been guilty of clicking there links before. that wontbe happening again.
    Admins should delete any links.

We should all meet outside their Glescae offices and invade it. Rip up their desks and carpets and take them home for souvenirs. Give their staff a slap as well.

No more links on here. If you must visit their site, copy and paste for all to see what spraff they are spouting.

First Team Regular
    Why would anyone with a modicum of intelligence buy the filthy sensationalist weegie rag anyway?

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Complaining to the Record in Glasgow will be a waste of time.

The paper is owned by the Trinity Mirror Group,

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...82548/officers

Try a complaint to the CEO . He's probably unaware of the vile , lying , rag that kids on its a newspaper , employing Sevco a*se lickers, is part of the group of companies he is responsible for.

I can't join any boycott for the simple reason that I have never bought the rag and never visited their website.

The closest I've come to their crap is when it gets copied and posted on here.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

This is what I think too.
    what would be good is if some kind of database of email addresses could be set up under one umbrella that could send a number of emails with the one message.
    Keep them polite and copy in the press complaints commission.

Don't buy it anyway.

Won't click on their website from now on as that's where the real money is for them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Wouldn't buy that rag anyway. Their hun arse sooking is beyond pathetic. They stirred the pot during the Scott Allan saga last year in favour of their beloved rangers and their reporting of the cup final aftermath was shocking.

Keith Jackson doesn't even have the dignity to apologise for his downright lies that "11 rangers players were brutally attacked". Pathetic, disgusting attempt to join in with rangers "oh it was the big bad hibees, we only came on to save our players"etc etc pish.

Disgusting rag and I hope the club speak out about how they have treated this club. I hope none of their shabby journalists (in the loosest sense of the word) never again enter ER.
    This 100%

Also, I've unfollowed them on Twitter including Jackson and Waddell. A proper boycott has to involve that as they value their 'reach' on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

Sorry it's come to this kind of protest though definitely vindicated by the constant bias and lies.

Glory Glory

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I never buy that tabloid pish anyway. I don't know why anyone would want to get their news from such childish sources.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

It's great that so many are already boycotting them. I must confirm that I sometimes pick up the paper when in the carry out or hairdresser. But now, never again. And I'll be telling them all that they should stop buying the Rangers fanzine.

Tell all BOYCOTT THE DAILY RECORD.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    What about getting an online petition started so their lies have to debated at Holyrood.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    The only way that a boycott will have any influence is if we all boycott the places that sell the Record. Tell your local newsagents/convenience store that you will not be buying anything from them until they stop selling the rag. If 10 or 20 retailers stop selling their newspaper then it will have a small influence.