hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

QOS Tuesday: Full Strength or Rotate?

Without being arrogant and dissing the LC, I think Lennon will rotate so that we are at full strength v DAFC. Would perhaps expect to see Harris and Stanton feature as well as one development youngster, maybe Crane.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Too early in the season to be rotating. NL is a winner and will try to win the LC. The difference this year is the final is before Xmas. We've only played 3 competive games. The least of any team in Scotland at this moment. So no need to rotate

Depends on how you look at it..

Fringe players done well against Birmingham.. Was a pre season friendly I know but done well..

I think he'll mix it up, Forster, Cane maybe couple others but don't think he'll change to much, it's only the start of the season so players should be fresh and he'll want to keep the confidence high after Falkirk

I would be amazed if players like forster, boyle, carmichael, new goalie dont play, leagues the priority, give the fringe players a chance to impress against decent opposition.

Full strength and build momentum. Only leave players out if they have a picked up a knock or are struggling.

No league game scheduled for the first week in September, but think we enter the challenge cup then and its that weekend. I'd use that to give other players game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without being arrogant and dissing the LC, I think Lennon will rotate so that we are at full strength v DAFC. Would perhaps expect to see Harris and Stanton feature as well as one development youngster, maybe Crane.
    Another artificial pitch so Players with any niggle will get a rest possibly and agree he may want to give game time to promising youngsters
    I think he will have made his mind up about harris and stanton by now whether keepiing or tryin to offload them but Carmichael deserves more game time to see if he can be first team squad player imo

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar
    Wouldn't imagine Holt will play as its a big ask after 90 mins on an artificial surface to play a few days later.

I think Boyle will come in and maybe Harris..possibly Forster for Fontaine also and the new keeper.

Lennon will definitely make a few changes, the squad didn't let him down in pre season so he'll have plenty confidence in those coming in.

Regardless I'm really looking forward to the game. Was a great atmosphere and positivity in the stands yesterday and I can't wait to get back to ER on Tuesday. If you're swithering and can afford it get along and enjoy this team..they deserve our support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The Captain....; 07-08-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Another artificial pitch so Players with any niggle will get a rest possibly and agree he may want to give game time to promising youngsters
    I think he will have made his mind up about harris and stanton by now whether keepiing or tryin to offload them but Carmichael deserves more game time to see if he can be first team squad player imo
    Agree but we're at home on Tueaday

Full team for me, Lennon was right in Saying there's improvement needed and only going to get that from playing together

Testimonial Due The Captain....'s Avatar

QOS Tuesday: Full Strength or Rotate?

Dupe post

Aye think the likes of Boyle, Forster and Harris will be worth a start

Full strength. There are only max 4 games in the Leaugue cup this year and it's all done by Xmas.
    It wasn't cup runs that undid us last season, it was an inability to score enough goals to finish teams off.
    Winning silverware is what it's all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Play the winning team. Only one game in so match fitness is still not there.

Cummings has to start. He's bang in form right now and resting him would be a bad move and may disrupt his momentum

Rotate

Full strength no question

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    I've got £5 on the treble so full strength please

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    artificial? its at easter rd...

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    artificial? its at easter rd...
    Oops thought it was away

Full strength without question. The day we are resting players in the league cup to focus on a game against Dunfermline is the day I give up...

He'll go to a 4-4-2/4-3-3 keeping a solid core from yesterday but bringing in the players from the bench, Stanton, Boyle, Carmichael and Forster.

Full strength.

LC will be done and dusted long before the business end of the season. The Challenge Cup is the one to rest players in. More games rather than less is probably more beneficial this early in the season anyway.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    We're 1 game into the season guys are still getting to full fitness.. ( Lennon said that) I don't see loads of changes at this stage but the league is priority so why not try a few different players ..

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Lets try and win both cups in the same year.

If it hadn't been for our last minute disaster in March we could've been looking at 3 cups in one year

should be able to make 3 or 4 changes and still be pretty comfortable

We should be looking to win every game

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Only priority is winning the league. Put out fringe and youth players, our schedule last season was what killed our momentum.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I think there may be 2 or 3 changes.

If the goalie is th number 1 it makes sense to play him.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    We should be looking to win every game
    I'd add the caveat of "in the league". The only acceptable outcome this season is winning the league, a league cup win wouldn't make up for missing that.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We should play as near a full strength team as possible, winning cups is what its all about, and we can win this one.

Of course the league in our number 1 priority, but the next game is the most important one.

We are in the 2nd tier, and lets be honest here, there are games coming up where we can rest and rotate a couple of players at a time because of the quality of the opposition we are playing.

My guess is that he will start with the new keeper if his papers are through ... though from what I hear Laidlaw did himself no harm whatsoever on Saturday.

That aside he will definitely play Fyvie or McGeouch or both if they are fit .... from what I saw against Birmingham, friendly or not, I would have no problem if any one of Crane, Boyle, Forster, Carmichael and Harris started .... Lennon himself has admitted that Holt is unlikely to be able to play every game this season, in which case he could well be on the bench.

I know the theory is to keep a winning team together, but we started against Falkirk with two of our best midfielders missing, so it may have been a winning team, but not our best team. That aside, anybody with even a small injury should be kept out of this one .... it would be great to do well in the cups again this season ..... but the league is EVERYTHING.