hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Thomson

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

Kevin Thomson

Interesting interview with KT in the Scotsman today.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...umph-1-4184712

Amongst other things, it puts to bed the debate on whether he got a SC medal.

He didn't.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 23-07-2016 at 11:45 AM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting interview with KT in the Scotsman today.

Amongst other things, it puts to bed the debate on whether he got a SC medal.

He didn't.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Hahahahaha yet his "friend" on here was adamant he did.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Good article. I think he deserves a medal, he changed the game when he came on at Tynie.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Good article. I think he deserves a medal, he changed the game when he came on at Tynie.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk
    It's a strange situation that someone whose only involvement could be as an unused sub in the final gets a winner's medal but someone who actually played in earlier rounds but doesn't make the squad for the final misses out completely.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It's a strange situation that someone whose only involvement could be as an unused sub in the final gets a winner's medal but someone who actually played in earlier rounds but doesn't make the squad for the final misses out completely.
    Malonga deserves one for his goal at Raith. Not to mention Doolan and Holden.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Thomson is a Rangers jobby who does nothing but moan and complain about how Hibs fans don't appreciate how wonderful a man/footballer/warrior/martyr that he is.

Deserves his medal though. Played his part with two excellent performances against Hearts.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Totally agree. You can get cup-tied for playing a single minute. Anyone taking to the field for any game in a successful cup run should get a medal as a matter of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Totally agree. You can get cup-tied for playing a single minute. Anyone taking to the field for any game in a successful cup run should get a medal as a matter of course.
    I disagree and believe it would devalue the medal and would mean nothing to a player who hadn't been involved with the squad on cup final day.Medals should be awarded for the occasion of winning the cup competition not merely being involved early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I disagree and believe it would devalue the medal and would mean nothing to a player who hadn't been involved with the squad on cup final day.Medals should be awarded for the occasion of winning the cup competition not merely being involved early on.
    I totally agree
    Would hibs have won with Thomson in the team that day
    I doubt it. Ross County !!!!!!!

It's the finalists who win the game and it's fair that they get the medals.
    That's life

First Team Breakthrough stanton_4's Avatar
    Respectfully totally disagree with this. Had certain players not played in earlier rounds (Thomson, Malonga) the players who were lucky enough to be in the squad for the final might never had got that opportunity. I feel pretty sure any player involved on that glorious day would agree with me too.

First Team Breakthrough
    Thomson is all in the past.
    Hibernian are going places , let him "crawl" back to greyskull.

I reckon that had he not walked over broken glass to get to Ibrox and stayed at ER 1-2 years more he might not now find himself at Tranent Juniors.

Still believes he was under appreciated and yet look where he is now? Laddie is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I reckon that had he not walked over broken glass to get to Ibrox and stayed at ER 1-2 years more he might not now find himself at Tranent Juniors.

Still believes he was under appreciated and yet look where he is now? Laddie is delusional.
    Had he no broken his leg 4 times he would never have been back here. Deserved a medal, fantastic against Hearts and Ict

All the best for the future KT.

Reading one or two of the comments on here, you'd think that some people never made any mistakes in their lives, especially when they were young.

He's probably done things that he regrets now. That's in the past and I can only wish him all the very best for the future.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Had he no broken his leg 4 times he would never have been back here. Deserved a medal, fantastic against Hearts and Ict
    You either get a medal for being involved in the final, or everyone who was named in the squad for any game in the cup run should get one.

Just the cup final squad for me.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I wonder how many times Kevin Thomson will be news for no other reason than just because.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I wonder how many times Kevin Thomson will be news for no other reason than just because.
    To be fair, we don't get that many former Scotland players trying to build a player- manager career in non league football. From Hibs to Tranent juniors is a newsworthy story.

Some people need to grow up, the comments aboutThomson and Rangers etc on here, sad and bitter. The guy served us well and I wish him all the best.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    To be fair, we don't get that many former Scotland players trying to build a player- manager career in non league football. From Hibs to Tranent juniors is a newsworthy story.

Some people need to grow up, the comments aboutThomson and Rangers etc on here, sad and bitter. The guy served us well and I wish him all the best.
    Spot on. It's can't be often a player has started off a year in scotlands top tier, be involved in a scottish cup winning run and be playing junior football a few months later. It's obviously his choice and it must suit him for several reasons and I wish him all the best too.
    Last edited by Mr White; 23-07-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Medals for those involved in the final only. That's the way it should be. It's always been that way hasn't it? I'd be embarrassed to take a medal if I hadn't even made the bench in the final.

He knows he played his part in us getting there, he's one of many though, playing and non playing staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    You either get a medal for being involved in the final, or everyone who was named in the squad for any game in the cup run should get one.

Just the cup final squad for me.
    Hypothetical scenario.

A team's star striker scores the only goal of the game in each of the earlier rounds but gets injured in training the week before the final and misses out completely. A youngster is added to the bench for the final and doesn't get on the pitch.

Under current rules the youngster that never played gets a medal and the key player in reaching the final doesn't.

By all means restrict the presentation to the match day squad, but the other players should also receive a medal.

It's not that hypothetical as Malonga and Thomson played a more important role than Dagnall in our cup run.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Hypothetical scenario.

A team's star striker scores the only goal of the game in each of the earlier rounds but gets injured in training the week before the final and misses out completely. A youngster is added to the bench for the final and doesn't get on the pitch.

Under current rules the youngster that never played gets a medal and the key player in reaching the final doesn't.

By all means restrict the presentation to the match day squad, but the other players should also receive a medal.

It's not that hypothetical as Malonga and Thomson played a more important role than Dagnall in our cup run.
    In that scenario I wouldn't give the star striker a medal. You get a cup medal for winning the cup final, not for winning in the semi or quarter.

If Daniel Craig ever wins an Oscar for playing Bond, will Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan be in the Evening News greeting about how they deserve an Oscar too, cos if it wasn't for them Daniel Craig wouldn't have had the chance to be in that film?

@hibs.net private member
    Hypothetical scenario.

I suppose Denis Law must have been a bit put out in 1968 and Joe McBride the year before. But they both missed out through injury.

Hypothetical scenario.

If that scenario is supposed to change my mind it doesn't.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

Well said

I wish folk would just give KT a break.

He said and did a few daft things as a young man - who hasn't?

He played his part in our cup win. A goal-line clearance and a dogged 2nd half performance in hauling us back into the game a Tynecastle and then a really solid shift at ER in the replay.

Almost anyone other than KT would be recognised for this significant contribution.

Malonga, Oxley, KT, Logan - all made major contributions to our cup win and will forever have my respect.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He would have had his 10th medal if he'd hung around in 2007 to see the job through like Scot Brown instead of his unseemly haste to walk over broken glass to the financially corrupt club at Ibrox. He would have lifted the cup as captain as well.

Having said all that he was a great player who I admired greatly and desrved to acheive more in the game if he could have avoided injury. I reckon he was probably a great figure to have around the place last season and was very unlucky not to get a winners medal in the league cup.

I think most people have forgiven Kevin his youthful impetuousness in leaving Hibs first time round in the way that he did and if his coaching career is successful I would be happy to see him back at Hibs.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    It's funny isn't it. I spoke to him the morning after the cup final at the sponsors event for a good 10-15 minutes and he was absolutely delighted to have been involved and said he'd enjoyed the match "as a fan". Was still extremely disgruntled over the whole Keith Jackson thing as he was absolutely adamant he never said what was written, and he came across really really well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    It's funny isn't it. I spoke to him the morning after the cup final at the sponsors event for a good 10-15 minutes and he was absolutely delighted to have been involved and said he'd enjoyed the match "as a fan". Was still extremely disgruntled over the whole Keith Jackson thing as he was absolutely adamant he never said what was written, and he came across really really well.
    Exactly mate.. I was seeing a bird at the time who knew KT quite well and I spent a bit of time in his company.. When the story broke about the ' broken glass etc ' he swore blind it was ***** and Jackson has fabricated parts of the story to push through the move to the huns.. Uncle Walter had a lot of clout at the time and basically used to tell the journos what to write or Rangers wouldn't be so accessable to the press in those days..

Don't get me wrong he was interested in a move there and who wouldn't be , step up the ladder , better money and European football etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    Exactly mate.. I was seeing a bird at the time who knew KT quite well and I spent a bit of time in his company.. When the story broke about the ' broken glass etc ' he swore blind it was ***** and Jackson has fabricated parts of the story to push through the move to the huns.. Uncle Walter had a lot of clout at the time and basically used to tell the journos what to write or Rangers wouldn't be so accessable to the press in those days..

Don't get me wrong he was interested in a move there and who wouldn't be , step up the ladder , better money and European football etc etc..
    Are you a pigeon racer or maybe you have budgies or something?

dearie me.

Quote Originally Posted by Logiegreener View Post
    Are you a pigeon racer or maybe you have budgies or something?

dearie me.

Dearie me

Dearie me
    What's your problem Scouse?

GGTTH