hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 214

Thread: Kevin Thomson

  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    24,293

    Kevin Thomson

    Interesting interview with KT in the Scotsman today.

    http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...umph-1-4184712

    Amongst other things, it puts to bed the debate on whether he got a SC medal.

    He didn't.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 23-07-2016 at 11:45 AM.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    52
    Posts
    20,327
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting interview with KT in the Scotsman today.

    Amongst other things, it puts to bed the debate on whether he got a SC medal.

    He didn't.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Hahahahaha yet his "friend" on here was adamant he did.

  4. #3
    Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Good article. I think he deserves a medal, he changed the game when he came on at Tynie.

    Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

  5. #4
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    465
    Thomson is all in the past.
    Hibernian are going places , let him "crawl" back to greyskull.

  6. #5
    Coaching Staff Steve-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    38
    Posts
    20,361
    I reckon that had he not walked over broken glass to get to Ibrox and stayed at ER 1-2 years more he might not now find himself at Tranent Juniors.

    Still believes he was under appreciated and yet look where he is now? Laddie is delusional.

  7. #6
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    9,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good article. I think he deserves a medal, he changed the game when he came on at Tynie.

    Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk
    It's a strange situation that someone whose only involvement could be as an unused sub in the final gets a winner's medal but someone who actually played in earlier rounds but doesn't make the squad for the final misses out completely.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a strange situation that someone whose only involvement could be as an unused sub in the final gets a winner's medal but someone who actually played in earlier rounds but doesn't make the squad for the final misses out completely.
    Malonga deserves one for his goal at Raith. Not to mention Doolan and Holden.

  9. #8
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,211
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thomson is a Rangers jobby who does nothing but moan and complain about how Hibs fans don't appreciate how wonderful a man/footballer/warrior/martyr that he is.

    Deserves his medal though. Played his part with two excellent performances against Hearts.

  10. #9
    Testimonial Due Treadstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gorgie (Sorry)
    Posts
    2,873
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a strange situation that someone whose only involvement could be as an unused sub in the final gets a winner's medal but someone who actually played in earlier rounds but doesn't make the squad for the final misses out completely.
    Totally agree. You can get cup-tied for playing a single minute. Anyone taking to the field for any game in a successful cup run should get a medal as a matter of course.

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Last Train to Skaville
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,259
    I wonder how many times Kevin Thomson will be news for no other reason than just because.

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Rosyth, Fife
    Age
    38
    Posts
    13,329
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    It's funny isn't it. I spoke to him the morning after the cup final at the sponsors event for a good 10-15 minutes and he was absolutely delighted to have been involved and said he'd enjoyed the match "as a fan". Was still extremely disgruntled over the whole Keith Jackson thing as he was absolutely adamant he never said what was written, and he came across really really well.

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    52
    Posts
    20,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally agree. You can get cup-tied for playing a single minute. Anyone taking to the field for any game in a successful cup run should get a medal as a matter of course.
    I disagree and believe it would devalue the medal and would mean nothing to a player who hadn't been involved with the squad on cup final day.Medals should be awarded for the occasion of winning the cup competition not merely being involved early on.

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In dreams.
    Posts
    4,368
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder how many times Kevin Thomson will be news for no other reason than just because.
    To be fair, we don't get that many former Scotland players trying to build a player- manager career in non league football. From Hibs to Tranent juniors is a newsworthy story.

    Some people need to grow up, the comments aboutThomson and Rangers etc on here, sad and bitter. The guy served us well and I wish him all the best.

  15. #14
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    42
    Posts
    12,814
    I wish folk would just give KT a break.

    He said and did a few daft things as a young man - who hasn't?

    He played his part in our cup win. A goal-line clearance and a dogged 2nd half performance in hauling us back into the game a Tynecastle and then a really solid shift at ER in the replay.

    Almost anyone other than KT would be recognised for this significant contribution.

    Malonga, Oxley, KT, Logan - all made major contributions to our cup win and will forever have my respect.

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Alloa
    Age
    54
    Posts
    9,894
    Blog Entries
    1
    He would have had his 10th medal if he'd hung around in 2007 to see the job through like Scot Brown instead of his unseemly haste to walk over broken glass to the financially corrupt club at Ibrox. He would have lifted the cup as captain as well.

    Having said all that he was a great player who I admired greatly and desrved to acheive more in the game if he could have avoided injury. I reckon he was probably a great figure to have around the place last season and was very unlucky not to get a winners medal in the league cup.

    I think most people have forgiven Kevin his youthful impetuousness in leaving Hibs first time round in the way that he did and if his coaching career is successful I would be happy to see him back at Hibs.

  17. #16
    In the article, he goes on about how he's such a humble, down to earth guy.......then he says he was more deserving of a medal than some of the guys who were on the bench for the SC final.

    Way to prove your point.

  18. #17
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,338
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's funny isn't it. I spoke to him the morning after the cup final at the sponsors event for a good 10-15 minutes and he was absolutely delighted to have been involved and said he'd enjoyed the match "as a fan". Was still extremely disgruntled over the whole Keith Jackson thing as he was absolutely adamant he never said what was written, and he came across really really well.
    Exactly mate.. I was seeing a bird at the time who knew KT quite well and I spent a bit of time in his company.. When the story broke about the ' broken glass etc ' he swore blind it was ***** and Jackson has fabricated parts of the story to push through the move to the huns.. Uncle Walter had a lot of clout at the time and basically used to tell the journos what to write or Rangers wouldn't be so accessable to the press in those days..

    Don't get me wrong he was interested in a move there and who wouldn't be , step up the ladder , better money and European football etc etc..

  19. #18
    He doesn't always come across well and the move to Rangers still leaves a bit of sour taste.

    However in his pomp Kevin Thomson was a fantastic footballer. I reckon I'll get zero support with this statement but he was a far better footballer than Scott Brown. Had he not had the injuries he had, 2 of which have ender careers, he woulf have made his mark in England imo. When all is said and done he has had a pretty good career and I wish him well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,671
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the article, he goes on about how he's such a humble, down to earth guy.......then he says he was more deserving of a medal than some of the guys who were on the bench for the SC final.

    Way to prove your point.
    I like Thommo and have learned to forgive and forget his past sins but that comment jumped out at me as it undermined everything he was saying in the article! I actually think he has a point but he hasn't made it particularly well

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,294
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Medals for those involved in the final only. That's the way it should be. It's always been that way hasn't it? I'd be embarrassed to take a medal if I hadn't even made the bench in the final.

    He knows he played his part in us getting there, he's one of many though, playing and non playing staff.

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,294
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He doesn't always come across well and the move to Rangers still leaves a bit of sour taste.

    However in his pomp Kevin Thomson was a fantastic footballer. I reckon I'll get zero support with this statement but he was a far better footballer than Scott Brown. Had he not had the injuries he had, 2 of which have ender careers, he woulf have made his mark in England imo. When all is said and done he has had a pretty good career and I wish him well.
    He was never better than Scott Brown.

  23. #22
    Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,376
    The feeling I had on May 21st 2016 was such that absolutely anyone who played for Hibs at any point in our cup run, no matter for how much or little time, and no matter what they did, will always have my gratitude and appreciation.

  24. #23
    Coaching Staff MWHIBBIES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    10,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reckon that had he not walked over broken glass to get to Ibrox and stayed at ER 1-2 years more he might not now find himself at Tranent Juniors.

    Still believes he was under appreciated and yet look where he is now? Laddie is delusional.
    Had he no broken his leg 4 times he would never have been back here. Deserved a medal, fantastic against Hearts and Ict

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    21,588
    There is nothing Kevin Thomson like better than to talk about Kevin Thomson. Seems to want to make every situation about him. I'm glad he is no longer at Easter road.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #25
    All the best for the future KT.

    Reading one or two of the comments on here, you'd think that some people never made any mistakes in their lives, especially when they were young.

    He's probably done things that he regrets now. That's in the past and I can only wish him all the very best for the future.

  27. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is nothing Kevin Thomson like better than to talk about Kevin Thomson. Seems to want to make every situation about him. I'm glad he is no longer at Easter road.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He was being interviewed about his career etc, of course he is going to talk about himself

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,294
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had he no broken his leg 4 times he would never have been back here. Deserved a medal, fantastic against Hearts and Ict
    You either get a medal for being involved in the final, or everyone who was named in the squad for any game in the cup run should get one.

    Just the cup final squad for me.

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Stand
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He doesn't always come across well and the move to Rangers still leaves a bit of sour taste.

    However in his pomp Kevin Thomson was a fantastic footballer. I reckon I'll get zero support with this statement but he was a far better footballer than Scott Brown. Had he not had the injuries he had, 2 of which have ender careers, he woulf have made his mark in England imo. When all is said and done he has had a pretty good career and I wish him well.
    I agree with your point that he was a fantastic footballer however I think comparing him to Scott Brown is a tough one as they are pretty different players.

    KT at times ran the midfield and even in his last 2 spells at ER when his injuries had taken his tall his ball retention was excellent.

    Good luck to him.

  30. #29
    Testimonial Due FromTheCapital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gilmerton
    Posts
    1,739
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Thomo 100% deserves a medal.

    His performances against Hearts in both games was excellent, and we wouldn't be champions if it wasn't for THAT clearance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,852
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, we don't get that many former Scotland players trying to build a player- manager career in non league football. From Hibs to Tranent juniors is a newsworthy story.

    Some people need to grow up, the comments aboutThomson and Rangers etc on here, sad and bitter. The guy served us well and I wish him all the best.
    Spot on. It's can't be often a player has started off a year in scotlands top tier, be involved in a scottish cup winning run and be playing junior football a few months later. It's obviously his choice and it must suit him for several reasons and I wish him all the best too.
    Last edited by Mr White; 23-07-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)