hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Are we ready?

Are we ready?

Do we look ready for the start of the season? On the evidence of the last 8 days I would say that it's a long time since we were this prepared in terms of match sharpness for the start of the new season. Every player looks more than ready to face Falkirk.
    We still need signings (goalie, striker, attacking mid, left back cover) but at least the will be arriving in to a squad that looks like it's up for the battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    The team didn't have much of a break so if they topped up their fitness during the break - Keats tweeted some gym work. It long after the final - these guys are dedicated to the cause or maybe they just show it more on and off the pitch which the fans appreciate, buy in to and it's a virtuous cycle. Thank God for Alan Stubbs and leeann for pulling us out of the nose-dive but also the players for getting it together - a team again - lets nurture and sustain it.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Right back might be a need now as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do we look ready for the start of the season? On the evidence of the last 8 days I would say that it's a long time since we were this prepared in terms of match sharpness for the start of the new season. Every player looks more than ready to face Falkirk.
    We still need signings (goalie, striker, attacking mid, left back cover) but at least the will be arriving in to a squad that looks like it's up for the battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feels a bit like 2000 when the Sauzee/Latapy team went to Germany and mostly came back as skinheads. A creditable 0-0 at Tiny with Didier Agathe missing an open goal was the springboard for a flying start that led to 6-2!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Right back might be a need now as well
    Only out for 10 days apparently

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    We are ready and for once I feel we won't be going into a season playing catch up.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    We are ready and for once I feel we won't be going into a season playing catch up.
    What a difference it makes just having to top up a decent team rather than completely rebuilding

With the 18 players last night plus Fyvie and presumably at least a couple more coming in, we look well equipped. The core of the team is settled. Lennon appears to be a good motivator and hopefully his attitude should help prevent the lapses at Dumbarton etc that have been so costly over the past two seasons.
    Holt could be the key. If he is fit and fired up, he will be a real handful for Championship defences but it would be prudent to bring in another number 9 if the budget allows. We have great options in central midfield but if there was a slight flaw it would be that they are all a bit similar... Stanton might offer more on the shoulder of our strikers, if he gets a chance, or maybe a new face.
    Some fine tuning in the friendlies against Birmingham and Shrewsbury, and we're ready to rock!

The Players that are here look ready but I'd still say we need a couple of more signings.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    With the 18 players last night plus Fyvie and presumably at least a couple more coming in, we look well equipped. The core of the team is settled. Lennon appears to be a good motivator and hopefully his attitude should help prevent the lapses at Dumbarton etc that have been so costly over the past two seasons.
    Holt could be the key. If he is fit and fired up, he will be a real handful for Championship defences but it would be prudent to bring in another number 9 if the budget allows. We have great options in central midfield but if there was a slight flaw it would be that they are all a bit similar... Stanton might offer more on the shoulder of our strikers, if he gets a chance, or maybe a new face.
    Some fine tuning in the friendlies against Birmingham and Shrewsbury, and we're ready to rock!
    Yes feeling optimistic regards our form & fitness. Forster was a decent Right back if I remember correctly he could slot in for Gray in the short term. If we hit the ground running we can get momentum to carry us through the early part of the season.The 3-5-2 formation suits us best I think as most teams we face will mainly play with one striker upfront in the championship.