hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

A great game of football

That was a great game of football played at a ferocious pace. Enjoyed it a lot despite the scoreline.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good to hear. Plenty positives then?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Really enjoyed it. We were good.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Did Virtanen recover a bit?

@hibs.net private member
    Hmmm wouldn't say it was a great game tbh. Don't get me wrong, I'm fairly happy with how we played but bronby were pretty poor and we looked quite rusty (which is to be expected). McGinn was the only player on the park who really stood out for me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Virtanen recover a bit?
    Yeah, he didn't have much to do really but looked better once he settled down. There were a few slightly nervy moments but I think that was the players and fans reacting to the earlier mistake

Impressed by Hibs tonight and think we still have a a wee chance if we score 1st over there...ref and linesman horrific

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

First Team Regular
    Game was as slow as a week in the jail, laboured football.

Not sure where the ferocious football was?

I enjoyed it though, we gave as good as we got and we definitely deserved a goal.

@hibs.net private member
    Ref was shocking.

They werent great realy. Disapointing not to be going over with the narrow win which we wouldve deserved. Did enjoy it though. Excellent pteperation for the league as well.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Played pretty well, didn't look like a team 8 weeks behind brondby in preparation.

Ref was a bit of a dick, think linesman may have given offside on Boyle not JC.

Good signs for season ahead.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Wasn't a great game. No one apart on either team apart from McGinn able to put a foot on the ball. They were far quicker and more physical than any team we'll face in the Championship though and we stood up well to it. McGregor was outstanding.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

We played well and, being kind, were an inexperienced keeper and a debateable ref away from a very good result.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Really good game. East stand linesman was a bit crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    Game was as slow as a week in the jail, laboured football.

Not sure where the ferocious football was?

I enjoyed it though, we gave as good as we got and we definitely deserved a goal.
    Agree with this 100% - maybe my expectations are just too high but before, during and after I felt it was a missed opportunity tonight. Felt we played well enough and as you say certainly deserved a goal.

Need to move the ball quicker. Thought big Marv had as poor a game as I've seen fi him. Seemed off the pace. Still in the tie though so hopefully get an early goal over there and level it up

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I enjoyed the game and I thought we did well.

If we play like that every week, we'll be fine.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Really good game. East stand linesman was a bit crap.
    "A bit crap"!!?? He was F'ng shocking!! Tbh wasn't impressed with the officials at all. Allowed a more European game to flow than let us get in about it

Not sure what was great about it, cynical but savvy opposition that tried every trick in the book and got away with most of them. Had a whiff of Yam about them to be honest.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 14-07-2016 at 09:43 PM.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    For mid July, the intensity was superb. If we play like that most weeks we'll destroy Championship teams, and would be a match any SPL teams we encounter throughout the season.

Very encouraging.

Loads of the ball. Plenty guts. Lack of a cutting edge. Unlucky not get something tonight. Reasonably satisfied if not happy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I enjoyed the game and performance also. Obviously wanted a better result.

Would love to be in Europe every season - it's what we should be aiming for.

Apart from the first 15 seconds we more than competed and while 2nd half we didn't have many shots on target it felt a goal wasn't too far away.

We won't play anyone this season as organised and with as much skill as them. Our home form will be fine this season - it's the away form that needs to improve and breaking teams that park the bus.

Ref was terrible - and I thought the Scottish refs were bad.

Holt will do damage in this league and if we can add a few more signings we will win the league.

@hibs.net private member wazoo1875's Avatar
    I enjoyed the game despite the score line. Thought Mcgregor and McGinn were excellent as well as their number 19 norgaard. Thought we deserved something to take with us over there next week. Still in it tho.
    Never one to laugh at others misfortune but today could only have been improved by rangers getting horsed and God pissing down a meteor shower of fifty pound notes on Edinburgh

Copyright BadMartini Wed 27th Jan 2010

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Thought McGregor was excellent

Holt showed promise

Little between the sides . A physical game poorly refereed.

Lennon - calm down man - sent off within 45 minutes of first game!!!

Overall I thought we did very well and the game was worth watch. Over 13000 there too.

Banner was great. How can 200 folk make so much noise?

I did not get a flag

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    That was a great game of football played at a ferocious pace. Enjoyed it a lot despite the scoreline.
    AEK ATHENS at ER was a great game. That was a good game. Only 1 shot on target & that was JC offside goal.

I thought we were alright, definitely rusty. Don't think their keeper made a save?

If we'd been back two weeks earlier I think we'd have won.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    AEK ATHENS at ER was a great game. That was a good game. Only 1 shot on target & that was JC offside goal.
    What about McGregors header and JC 20 yarder saved by the keeper?

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    What about McGregors header and JC 20 yarder saved by the keeper?
    And an effort from Boyle.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Their keeper had 2 saves in the 1st half. One low to his left, the other low to his right.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Definitely one of the worst set of match officials I've seen and I think Lennon getting sent to the stand was an over-reaction from the referee as well. He let them time-waste and every 50/50 he gave to them. They should have had a red that he let them away with. Our disallowed goal and the offside calls in the 2nd half looked dubious and the penalty looked pretty certain even though Holt went down very enthusiastically.

The guy taking their corners was taking the p*** with the slowest jog over each time and the ref couldn't have cared less. Not sure how many times their player just jumped straight into McGregor without even looking at the ball. 18 fouls to 8, yet they only had 1 more yellow.... Many more fouls unpunished as well. Farcical ref.

On a plus side, if that ref hadn't been giving them a helping hand along the way and sadly our inexperienced goalie, they are nothing special and we could still beat them. They will be stronger at home though you would imagine. Unfortunately, Bartley wasn't really at the races. Seemed to struggle with pace of game at times, hopefully that will improve with match sharpness.

Can be proud of that performance though.

Thought we played a few really decent balls forward with pace. Holt looks a brilliant outball