hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Our new Holy Grail

If we had one, what should it be? mines would have to be revenge for 2012. The Gorgie mob will go on about that victory for ever, until we get revenge in a final. we will go on about our recent victory, for a long time and rightly so, as it was one of the greatest climaxes ever, in Scottish finals. I might get shot down in flames, but I want to hump them in a final, although it was very sweet to empty them twice since they won it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Without financial doping they are unlikely to make many finals. Besides, I couldn't give a flying ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new someone would take the bait quite early I do mean what I say though

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    Nah from the moment we got that late equalizer at the PBS and then they could only watch us get closer and closer to doing the one thing they never wanted to see us do. That was revenge enough for me.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd love to see Hibs win the league then qualify for the CL

@hibs.net private member hibsfan7's Avatar

Cool Our new holy grail

We do not have to beat them 5-1 we have done it already when we first won the cup in 1887 we beat hearts 5-1 in the 3rd round

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we had one, what should it be? mines would have to be revenge for 2012. The Gorgie mob will go on about that victory for ever, until we get revenge in a final. we will go on about our recent victory, for a long time and rightly so, as it was one of the greatest climaxes ever, in Scottish finals. I might get shot down in flames, but I want to hump them in a final, although it was very sweet to empty them twice since they won it.
    The Europa League. Make it so, Neil.

Win the SPFL

Promotion. That's the be all and end all this season.

Putting them out after giving them another chance definitely makes up for 2012. Their lunatic fringe are actually expecting Neilsen to apologise to them for us winning the cup.

The double is still on by the way as the league cup final will be played in 2016. I think.

Getting out the of the lowly Championship ... everything else is irrelevant

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    We're not and never were defined by them, not 5-1, 0-7, 6-2, 22 in a row of spawniness.

Our greatest teams were defined by _their_ achievements not by Hearts.

That said Derby wins are important and provide a springboard and were downplayed too much by too managers since Miller they lift the club and I look forward to their return on a level playing field they should be crackers.

Testimonial Due
    Whilst I obviously wouldn't say no to beating them in a final, it's not something that I'm particularly bothered about. Deep down they know that the 5-1 result is a sham despite all the noise they make about it. They went bust exactly one year after it, following a year of financial turmoil which started almost immediately after that game.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post

I hated the term "holy grail" and still do. Whoever first applied it (Yogi, iirc) wasn't exactly making things easier for the players. Besides the Holy Grail didn't really exist and was never found in those stories, it was refined allegory for self-enlightenment, whereas the SC is just a squalid little football trophy run by a tin-pot, self serving, bigoted football body.

As to Hearts, who cares - they were just part of the, ongoing, money grubbing and corruption. Making a big deal about it us right up their alley. My natural reaction to any Hearts attempting goad me with that these days is to laugh in their face.

First Team Regular
    They all pretend they aren't that bothered about us winning it and it was good we beat rangers. Every single one of them is absolutely spewing, any that say differently are lying.

Best of all they were 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go. Haha.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I hated the term "holy grail" and still do. Whoever first applied it (Yogi, iirc) wasn't exactly making things easier for the players. Besides the Holy Grail didn't really exist and was never found in those stories, it was refined allegory for self-enlightenment, whereas the SC is just a squalid little football trophy run by a tin-pot, self serving, bigoted football body.

As to Hearts, who cares - they were just part of the, ongoing, money grubbing and corruption. Making a big deal about it us right up their alley. My natural reaction to any Hearts attempting goad me with that these days is to laugh in their face.
    Almost makes you wonder why we bothered winning the thing, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    Almost makes you wonder why we bothered winning the thing, eh?

I want Hibs to win every game and took great delight in winning the SFA's trophy against their favourites.

Fact remains though the SFA is a squalid, cheaty little organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg View Post
    They all pretend they aren't that bothered about us winning it and it was good we beat rangers. Every single one of them is absolutely spewing, any that say differently are lying.
    True, as time goes on they seem angrier and angrier.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    There's lots of things I'd like to see Hibs achieve, win the top league, successful European campaigns. I wouldn't say any were a "Holy grail". The Scottish Cup was a hoodoo and one that we needed to break but that scenario was unique. I'd rather not give ourselves something else to build up like that.

For now let's get promoted and play good football. As for revenge for 2012? We've delivered that on various occasions since.

Winning the Scottish cup and the manner in which we did it will never be topped.

We also we also have a very good chance of meeting hearts in the league cup final with both sides getting bye throughs to the round before the quarters

This past cup run will be hard to beat - the yams winning 2-0 at home and then throwing it away and then us beating them 1-0 at our own patch.

The Utd penalty shoot out then the final - losing 2-1 and winning 3-2 in the last minutes - I've never experienced anything like that and even if we were to beat them in a final it wouldn't be the same as I detest the old firm more than our ugly neighbours.

What's next - another Scottish cup final win - Premier League win?

Realistically we could do the double this season..league and a cup.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    That result has been well and truly excorcised .

The holy grail is still the Scottish Cup.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Winning it again as we are promoted as champions 2017.

Holy grail is not waiting another 114 years to win it again

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    There's lots of things I'd like to see Hibs achieve, win the top league, successful European campaigns. I wouldn't say any were a "Holy grail". The Scottish Cup was a hoodoo and one that we needed to break but that scenario was unique. I'd rather not give ourselves something else to build up like that.

For now let's get promoted and play good football. As for revenge for 2012? We've delivered that on various occasions since.
    Well said. Promotion is the key this year! A cheeky wee cup or 2 is fine along the way (or after), but getting us back in spl is very important this year. Let's make a good start and build.

Confident in the team at Easter Road at the moment.

Beating hearts 6-1 would be funny

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Their collapse at 2-0 , with us then going on and winning the Scottish cup ,has hurt them more than anything since they bottled it at Dens park . Giruy 🇳🇬🏆
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    Winning the SOL - nothing less !

If it happens on the same day that the 'Charity Thieves FC' eventually go to the wall or Vlad's caught and spills the beans on their 'financial dealings' before/during and after his reign, all the better !

No revenge needed.

Already had 7 -0 over them.

Tainted trophy, bent ref, robbed charities. CEC, Heriot Watt, local businesses et al stiffed, administration followed, Insolvent, whiff of paedophilia, Heartsed it at the Piggery when they were 2-0 up with minutes to go, coup de grace at ER, 21st May.......

Need I go on?

There is no 'Holy Grail' any more. The cup gained that status because it was realistic to expect Hibs had a chance of winning it at the start of most seasons, but we just always seemed to fall at the final hurdle and even the great Hibs teams had failed to win it.

We don't need a new one ..... but if I had to choose winning the Europa league would be it, now that would be a miracle