hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Goalkeeper - Just re-sign LOGAN!!!!

It is becoming increasingly apparent that we don't have a no1 goalkeeper lined up so why don't we just re-sign Logan? I don't see anything to suggest that we will get someone better than him and now we're potentially going into our European tie with what was our old 3rd choice????

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I'm happy to go with Vitranen

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm happy to go with Vitranen
    I'm not, never known a club like Hibs for going through goalies, seriously how difficult can it be to get someone decent and reliable yet we always seem to be scrabbling about handing out trials to any Tom Dick or Harry, so fed up with it!

What about Colin Doyle the current Blackpool gk? He's available for only £1!

9 days into the transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by JDT View Post
    Can't see Rod sanctioning the fee...

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    9 days into the transfer window
    Euro tie on Thursday, no recognised snr no1, aye it's hilarious right enuf

Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    I'm not, never known a club like Hibs for going through goalies, seriously how difficult can it be to get someone decent and reliable yet we always seem to be scrabbling about handing out trials to any Tom Dick or Harry, so fed up with it!
    Vitranen isn't decent or reliable?

I'd like to know how you have come to this opinion.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Lennon confirmed in his most recent HTV interview that Otso will play in the Euro tie, the number one spot is in his hands at the moment. Also that the lad signed from Raith will come in as our #3 and we are actively in the market for a new #1.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbykeith View Post
    Lennon confirmed in his most recent HTV interview that Otso will play in the Euro tie, the number one spot is in his hands at the moment. Also that the lad signed from Raith will come in as our #3 and we are actively in the market for a new #1.
    Yeah I get all that and the 9 days into the window stuff just has the feel that it will drag on and on and we'll end up with a laddie in goals for the Falkirk game. IMO goalie is not like other positions and we need to get someone in early to work on our defensive shape, getting to know each other etc and using these up and coming games to do that.

Euro tie on Thursday, no recognised snr no1, aye it's hilarious right enuf
    The only reason we don't have a recognised number 1 is because we haven't played yet. Even if we signed someone we wouldn't have a recognised number 1.

We need better than Oxley or Logan. And we can afford better than Oxley or Logan. I don't see why we should accept less than we can afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I get all that and the 9 days into the window stuff just has the feel that it will drag on and on and we'll end up with a laddie in goals for the Falkirk game. IMO goalie is not like other positions and we need to get someone in early to work on our defensive shape, getting to know each other etc and using these up and coming games to do that.
    The game on Thursday isn't a priority. I'm sure the new number 1 will be in place well ahead of the first league game.

The Ballad of Otso Vitranen does not have the same ring as 'The Ballad of Conrad Logan'. Go listen!!!!

What is wrong with Virtanen being in goals for the Falkirk game?

Vitranen isn't a laddie

Otso's 22 and has played nearly 100 games already. No problem giving him the chance to make the spot his. Otherwise why sign him

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    There were questions asked about Virtanen when we signed Logan. But if now isn't the time for him to start then it begs the question when will it be? The boy Laidlaw looks to be a back up as does the loanee? Can't have three back ups.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDT View Post
    Why would he buy one player for a £1 when he could have bought Rangers for the same amount.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    How do you know virtanen isnt a decent goalie? He hasnt been given a run of games yet to see if he is any good

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    The league is the priority.

We'll have a goalie in by then
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Doesn't Virtanen do that in training? Or just he just sit at EM and watch the big boys playing?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Doesn't Virtanen do that in training? Or just he just sit at EM and watch the big boys playing?
    He's 6ft 5, you would struggle find many bigger boys at EM ;-)

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    He's 6ft 5, you would struggle find many bigger boys at EM ;-)
    So maybe he just doubles as a goalpost, or a hat stand?

Canny be working as a goalie, that much has been made plain

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    I have no issue with us sticking a 6ft5 22yo Finnish lad in goal for the time being. Can anyone here honestly say before the Semi Final that they looked at Conrad Logan and said "Yes, that is who I want as our number 1"?

It is becoming increasingly apparent that we don't have a no1 goalkeeper lined up so why don't we just re-sign Logan? I don't see anything to suggest that we will get someone better than him and now we're potentially going into our European tie with what was our old 3rd choice????
    I can't for the life of me understand why they never one mistake in all the games he has played, and was one of the main reasons we won the cup. Now we look like we are stuck with a keeper half the support don't want and another the previous manager had no faith in!!

The reality is we don't know how Otto will do as he is untested by us apart from his brief appearance v I C T
    Stubbs didn't pit his faith in him when he dropped The Ox and you cant knock that decision as Logan helped us win The Holy Grail
    So it's taking a risk playing Otto bit Lennon has seen him in Training and the first Team If he doesn't think he is good enough he would play Laid Law
    So its a chance for Otto to show what he can do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    I can't for the life of me understand why they never one mistake in all the games he has played, and was one of the main reasons we won the cup. Now we look like we are stuck with a keeper half the support don't want and another the previous manager had no faith in!!
    Stubbs had no faith in him but gave him a 3.5 year contract?

Ok

@hibs.net private member
    Who said Logan wanted to stay at Hibs. He may have other irons in the fire.

I'm probably in the minority here but having attended most games since Logan signed I wasn't all that impressed with him.

He'll forever be a hero for his outstanding contribution in the semi final but in reality... We'd have expected him to save most of the shots. It's his penalty heroics that will never be forgotten. In the final... did he even have a save to make?

In the league games, I must admit to being petrified every time the ball went near him. Did the defence even listen to him? A few good kicks and catches from crosses but also some horrendous kicks which at times made him look amateur-ish. Not forgetting the error that effectively sent Falkirk through (the equaliser St easter road)

Always felt since that semi, in some people's eyes he could do no wrong. He couldn't even do a proper warm up for being so unfit. If that's what we're striving for then I'm out