hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Lewis Stevenson's Testimonial

The Lewis Stevenson Testimonial Committee are delighted to confirm arrangements for the first of two exciting events.
    A Testimonial Dinner has been arranged for Saturday, September 3 at Edinburgh’s Corn Exchange – with tickets available now.
    Hosted by Grant Stott, the evening’s entertainment will be headlined by a performance from two of Lewis’s biggest fans – The Proclaimers, appearing with their band for an hour long set

For more information on the dinner, and to keep up to date with news of the follow-up Testimonial Match, log on to www.lewisstevensontestimonial.org
    Lewis Stevenson is, quite simply, a Hibernian legend. It’s hoped everyone in the extended green and white family will join together to celebrate the contribution of someone who truly is One of Our Own.

“It is an honour and privilege to be Chairman of Lewis’s Testimonial Committee. Lewis is a great example of what can be achieved through hard work and dedication. He has now played over 300 games under nine different managers. He is the only Hibernian player to have won the League Cup and Scottish Cup, which is a magnificent achievement. Lewis is a worthy recipient of a Testimonial. It is Lewis’s wish to donate half of the proceeds to worthy causes and they will strike a chord with everyone connected with the Hibernian family. The Jenni and David Paul Memorial Fund supports cardiac risk in the young, while Leith Links was a group set up by Hibs supporters to ensure more children can attend games at Easter Road.”
    Graeme Cadger, Chairman, Lewis Stevenson Testimonial Committee

“We are honoured and proud to be playing at Lewis’s Testimonial Dinner. Lewis has been a fantastic servant to the club and this is richly deserved. We hope to see as many Hibees there as possible.”
    Craig and Charlie Reid, The Proclaimers

“We are extremely grateful to Lewis for this gracious and generous contribution to The Jenni and David Paul Memorial Fund. The memorial fund was set up in memory of our two beautiful children, to support the charity CRY (Cardiac Risk in the Young). Their mission is to ‘prevent all young, sudden cardiac deaths through awareness, screening and research, and to support affected families. Our heartfelt thanks go to Lewis for his benevolence, which will ensure continuation of the great work the charity does to prevent the sudden death of 12 fit and healthy young adults every week from undiagnosed heart conditions in the UK.”
    Gordon and Helen Paul (for more information on CRY see www.c-r-y.org.uk)

“It is a measure of the man that he has pledged a donation to Leith Links – the fund set up to ensure more children can attend games at Easter Road – from the activities being arranged. This will ensure a lasting legacy, from a player who has spent his whole career at Hibs, and continue the feel-good factor that surrounds our great club. It is a marvellous gesture from a much-respected member of the Hibs family.”
    Susan Linn (for more information on Leith Links see www.leithlinks4kids.com)

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm on holiday for the dinner so won't be able to attend but Lewis deserves this.

The fact he has asked for half the proceeds to go to charity is 'Hibs class'. I hope both this event and what follows gets the support Lewis deserves.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Yeah unfortunately I'm away golfing when this is on.

Well deserved.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

The first time in a long time that a player has deserved this accolade...and typical of the man that he take the opportunity to donate to others.
    Lewis I truly Hibs class and continues to be a loyal servant and son of Hibernian FC

Thank you Lewis !

ggtth

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    I love that man.

Definitely going to that.

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Brilliant. Well deserved. Hibs legend.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    It's a well deserved honour.

I'd love to go to the dinner, but I'll be away golfing with BroxburnHibee.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

So happy that Lewis is getting the recognition and respect he deserves for all he has done for our Club. Delighted that he is giving half the proceeds to charity which shows his generous and humble character. Truly one of our own.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    I love him. Definitely be going to that.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's about time!

Gutted that I am moving away now, that would be class! Wont be able to get back for it but I hope everyone who can does go.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Lewis Stevenson Testimonial Committee are delighted to confirm arrangements for the first of two exciting events.
    A Testimonial Dinner has been arranged for Saturday, September 3 at Edinburgh’s Corn Exchange – with tickets available now.
    Hosted by Grant Stott, the evening’s entertainment will be headlined by a performance from two of Lewis’s biggest fans – The Proclaimers, appearing with their band for an hour long set

For more information on the dinner, and to keep up to date with news of the follow-up Testimonial Match, log on to www.lewisstevensontestimonial.org
    Lewis Stevenson is, quite simply, a Hibernian legend. It’s hoped everyone in the extended green and white family will join together to celebrate the contribution of someone who truly is One of Our Own.

“It is an honour and privilege to be Chairman of Lewis’s Testimonial Committee. Lewis is a great example of what can be achieved through hard work and dedication. He has now played over 300 games under nine different managers. He is the only Hibernian player to have won the League Cup and Scottish Cup, which is a magnificent achievement. Lewis is a worthy recipient of a Testimonial. It is Lewis’s wish to donate half of the proceeds to worthy causes and they will strike a chord with everyone connected with the Hibernian family. The Jenni and David Paul Memorial Fund supports cardiac risk in the young, while Leith Links was a group set up by Hibs supporters to ensure more children can attend games at Easter Road.”
    Graeme Cadger, Chairman, Lewis Stevenson Testimonial Committee

“We are honoured and proud to be playing at Lewis’s Testimonial Dinner. Lewis has been a fantastic servant to the club and this is richly deserved. We hope to see as many Hibees there as possible.”
    Craig and Charlie Reid, The Proclaimers

“We are extremely grateful to Lewis for this gracious and generous contribution to The Jenni and David Paul Memorial Fund. The memorial fund was set up in memory of our two beautiful children, to support the charity CRY (Cardiac Risk in the Young). Their mission is to ‘prevent all young, sudden cardiac deaths through awareness, screening and research, and to support affected families. Our heartfelt thanks go to Lewis for his benevolence, which will ensure continuation of the great work the charity does to prevent the sudden death of 12 fit and healthy young adults every week from undiagnosed heart conditions in the UK.”
    Gordon and Helen Paul (for more information on CRY see www.c-r-y.org.uk)

“It is a measure of the man that he has pledged a donation to Leith Links – the fund set up to ensure more children can attend games at Easter Road – from the activities being arranged. This will ensure a lasting legacy, from a player who has spent his whole career at Hibs, and continue the feel-good factor that surrounds our great club. It is a marvellous gesture from a much-respected member of the Hibs family.”
    Susan Linn (for more information on Leith Links see www.leithlinks4kids.com)
    Well done Lewis you legend you . I can't seem to log on to that link, and nothing on the official site

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Totally deserved by a great servant to the Club that has always given 100% in every game. It says so much of the man that he is giving away so much of the proceeds to worthy causes.

I would love to go but on holiday that week, thoroughly deserved and a great wee servant to the club.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Would have loved to go to the dinner but I'm not back until later in that week. Typical!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    Well done Lewis you legend you . I can't seem to log on to that link, and nothing on the official site
    I think Hibs as a club may have to keep their distance a little bit for tax purposes.

I could be wrong though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Same day as my wedding. My guests will now know that it's not The Proclaimers providing the music

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think Hibs as a club may have to keep their distance a little bit for tax purposes.

I could be wrong though.
    I sent Graeme an email, you're probably right PB.

I am very please to be on the Testimonial committee, and as has been said, Lewis is a very deserving recipient of a testimonial year. Lewis has asked us to limit the year to be only two events, the Gala Dinner and a Match, arrangements for the match are still on-going however the gala Dinner preparations are well under way. There are three packages available, Sponsors, VIP and Priemium. The table will be sold in groups of 10 however there will also be shared tables for individuals. Over and above the Proclaimers performing, both the Scottish and League cups will be on display (only fitting as Lewis is the only Hibs player to have ever lifted both). We will also be some very special gifts for those attending the dinner.
    There will also be some tremendous auction items, (some Scottish Cup related), these will be detailed later on the Testimonial website.
    For more information and for booking please visit the website www.lewisstevensontestimonial.org you can also follow the testimonial Twitter account @lewysgottwo
    Hope to see as many of you can make it on the 3rd.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gail View Post
    Try this - http://lewisstevensontestimonial.org/

GGTTH

Edit - Or this https://twitter.com/Lewysgottwo

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It is Lewis’s wish to donate half of the proceeds to worthy causes and they will strike a chord with everyone connected with the Hibernian family. The Jenni and David Paul Memorial Fund supports cardiac risk in the young, while Leith Links was a group set up by Hibs supporters to ensure more children can attend games at Easter Road.”
    What a legend! Hibs Class!

I am absolutely delighted that Lewis, and the Committee, have chosen Leith Links as one of the benefactors of his events. To be named alongside CRY is an absolute honour 💚

Total Hibs legend.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Incredible as it sounds, given there are so many others in the same position, I will also be away in Italy that week or most likely would have went

Congratulations Lewis, not least on your achievements as a Hibs player over the years, nor on your class in donating a substantial part of the proceeds to Charity, but in particular on choosing the two charities you have, which along with Dnipro Kids are charities resonant to a great many Hibs supporters.

The term Legend gets bandied about a lot, but if ever there was a modern day player to get Hibs and what playing for us means it is Lewis, a bona fide Hibs Legend.

Totally deserved. A hibs legend and a true gentleman.

who do we play that day ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    who do we play that day ?
    Scotland play in Malta the day after.

Will be a cracking night and it's extremely deserved.

Think it's an international break that weekend.

@hibs.net private member
    A bit rich for me as a poor Civil Servant but hopefully it sells out. Sounds a great night and hopefully Lewis have have a great time and make a few quid. Very well deserved. I also hope this sees the Club and the Proclaimers start to think about events for mutual gain.

I'm not really a fan of professional footballers gaining anything at all from these things but it's absolutely right that he's being recognised for his contribution.