hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rangers persecuted again!!

From today's Sunday Times Sports Section

"Ranger's manager Mark Warburton (yes he is still alive) has hit out at the revamped League Cup, and its imposition of four games in nine days."........."claiming it does not allow him to prepare the way he would like for Rangers return to the Premiership."
    And which teams do they play? The mighty Motherwell, awesome Annan Athetic, exciting East Stirling and scintillating Stirlng Albion(apologies to any supporters of these teams)
    "How is it going to work? How do I bed in the team, bed in a back four? I don't know. It's just us trying to get through that period of games without injury"....... "It's a huge tournament and it's part of the treble and Rangers with its history and tradition will want to compete for every competition they enter."

Imagine anyone expecting them to comply with the rules which apply to every other club!!! What about their essential upcoming 10 day visit to South Carolina and the crucial friendly against Burnley? How could any team be asked to play four games in nine days. Surely no other team has ever been subject to such a punishing schedule!!

Is there no end of the persecution? This MUST stop.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by twiceinathens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

"Ranger's manager Mark Warburton (yes he is still alive) has hit out at the revamped League Cup, and its imposition of four games in nine days."........."claiming it does not allow him to prepare the way he would like for Rangers return to the Premiership."
    And which teams do they play? The mighty Motherwell, awesome Annan Athetic, exciting East Stirling and scintillating Stirlng Albion(apologies to any supporters of these teams)
    "How is it going to work? How do I bed in the team, bed in a back four? I don't know. It's just us trying to get through that period of games without injury"....... "It's a huge tournament and it's part of the treble and Rangers with its history and tradition will want to compete for every competition they enter."

Imagine anyone expecting them to comply with the rules which apply to every other club!!! What about their essential upcoming 10 day visit to South Carolina and the crucial friendly against Burnley? How could any team be asked to play four games in nine days. Surely no other team has ever been subject to such a punishing schedule!!

Wonder how he would have coped with Europe. Maybe just as well he isn't there.

BTW Alan Stubbs said that last season when the competition was revamped.

He has a point. Stupid changes IMO

He could always get his terracing heroes on to defend his poor under pressure players.

How else is he supposed to protect them? It's the Sevco way.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Persecuted again? Oh no surely not people calling them huns again? it upset them last time.

The huns,

Supplying idiots to villages since at least 1690.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    As I said above Stubbsy said it at the time.

The only reason he is moaning is because the new club are in it. Bet he couldn't give a toss next season if they are in Europe and don't have to play.

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Yes they are but they are changes that affect a lot of teams not just sevco but as usual it's them bleating again

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Does Jabba ever allow a statement to go out without a reference to 'history' or 'tradition'?

Every single signing includes a reference in their hello hello to the media.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Sevco = always the victim

Its daft. I'd go back to knockout next year but bring in say the top 4 in the highland and lowland league. Will give them something else to aim for.

How many games did we have to play in a month last season Warburton ya fannie?

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar

"Ranger's manager Mark Warburton (yes he is still alive) has hit out at the revamped League Cup.
    Well maybe you should have thought about that and won the Scottish cup, to avoid the early rounds.....

Oh well

Getting his excuses in early for when they get knocked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy set up for the cup that will see record low attendances. Can't stand anything remotely Sevco but he has a point on this ridiculous change. It has already been tried in the past and didn't work.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    #prayforwarbs

They could have avoided the group stages by qualifying for European competition. I bet they never thought of that! Maybe they were hoping that their win in the Petrofac Training Cup would suffice?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You cant return to somewhere you have never been before ya dick.

Tbh you would think he'd want to be busy.

Look what happened the last time he got a prolonged break before a game.....

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Crazy set up for the cup that will see record low attendances. Can't stand anything remotely Sevco but he has a point on this ridiculous change. It has already been tried in the past and didn't work.
    He does have a point but still highly amusing seeing him getting all worked up about it. As has been said how many games did we play in the last six weeks of the season. Is strange though having so many games where there will one man and his dug there. Ah the Gfa. Don't you just love em.

He's probably concerned it conflicts with their opening tie in the Europa League..........Oh wait a minute..........

Has anyone started a petition yet?

What traditions have they managed to get in their 4 year history?
    Warburton is a complete roaster.

Left by mutual consent!
    'Rangers with its history and tradition will want to compete for every competition they enter."

They need to keep reminding everyone that they know they died.

We know you know.

9 divided by 4 = 2.25. you don't really need to be a mathematitian to see that it will cause problems for most teams involved in the early stages of this particular competition. I seriously hope my club intend to be in the latter stages of a cup we nearly won last season.

Testimonial Due
    Footballers complaining about having to play football? Fuds.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergye View Post
    'Rangers with its history and tradition will want to compete for every competition they enter."

They need to keep reminding everyone that they know they died.

We know you know.

Traditions?, is he saying every competition and opponent deserves a dose of sectarian hate descending on them?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Reference to "Rangers RETURN to the Premiership""".....This outfit have never been IN the premiership before. GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough
    Looking at this from a different angle, is this just preparing us for league re-construction? Top league of 16 and the extra games in the new LC format to make up for the reduced league games.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    The treble is on!

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    After we win the league we'll have to wait 3/4 weeks for the cup final so I do see his point.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk