hibs.net Messageboard

Page 123 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 7488
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Parties can be as popular or as unpopular as they like.

Doesn't necessarily mean they will win single issue referendums as was demonstrated just a few years back in 2014.
    Single issue referendums?

Can you name any several issue referendums?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Or possibly folk dont only vote for them on a single issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't really care about the snp overly.

They lost the single issue referendum to break up the UK and that's their reason for being.

They lost the single issue referendum to break up the UK and that's their reason for being.
    Mon Scottish Labour
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Mon Scottish Labour
    Nothing wrong with Labour.

Scotland and the rest of the UK is crying out for real leadership from especially Jeremy Corbyn who will implement real change for the benefit of all of us.

Scotland and the rest of the UK is crying out for real leadership from especially Jeremy Corbyn who will implement real change for the benefit of all of us.
    I never said there was anything wrong with Labour. There's every chance I'll vote for them next GE.

I'm not sure how you're hearing folk crying out for JC, though, given that he's lagging behind against Theresa May in the polls.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    They're a single issue party whose sole mission is to break up the UK.

Are you really that surprised when they aren't clapped from anyone but their followers?
    Is that not true of any party though?

Are Mon Scottish labour clapped by anybody outwith their followers? Are they clapped by their followers? Do their followers know what they're clapping for or are they just told to clap and follow?

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Nothing? Nothing at all?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The Labour party is crying out for real leadership from Jeremy Corbyn.

Testimonial Due weecounty hibby's Avatar

Are you really that surprised when they aren't clapped from anyone but their followers?
    Thought you had no interest in the SNP!

So you keep saying, but they are mentioned in 99%of your posts

Labour are crying out for a leader and that ain't Corbyn. In fact I'm not sure they have a natural leader within the whole MP group at the moment

Ian Blackford gave a fine performance on QT last night.
    Only just realised that he's a Hibby.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar

Rubbish. Blackford received copious applause for his participation. It only fell silent when he mentioned independence but no real surprise there considering the location.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I never said there was anything wrong with Labour. There's every chance I'll vote for them next GE.

I'm not sure how you're hearing folk crying out for JC, though, given that he's lagging behind against Theresa May in the polls.

Delighted to read this.

As for JC, he's been brilliant for Labour after some turbulent years and has been busy restoring the party back to its more traditional party roots. I'm very confident many of our supporters will feel able to vote Labour once again and turn their backs on protest vote single issue parties such as the dictatorship that is the snp.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974

Delighted to read this.

turn their backs on protest vote single issue parties such as the dictatorship that is the snp.
    Here fishy fishy fishy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

#Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    Is that not true of any party though?

Are Mon Scottish labour clapped by anybody outwith their followers? Are they clapped by their followers? Do their followers know what they're clapping for or are they just told to clap and follow?
    Mon Scottish Labour
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

#Persevered

Delighted to read this.

As for JC, he's been brilliant for Labour after some turbulent years and has been busy restoring the party back to its more traditional party roots. I'm very confident many of our supporters will feel able to vote Labour once again and turn their backs on protest vote single issue parties such as the dictatorship that is the snp.
    In truth, where Hibby Radge lives there isn't much of a choice, unless he wants to stand for the SNP in York
    #Persevered

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    SNP one dimensional and single issue? .... This must've been photoshopped I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images

On a more serious note, I've been talking to folks about a 2nd vote, there's a big argument that the decision's been made, also that it's not worth rerunning one as most folks views are entrenched one way or another.

What most pundits on TV and elsewhere seem to forget is that there's a major group of non voters, most (not all) I've discussed it with didn't vote because they thought remain would skoosh it.

Here's the original numbers

Leave 17.4 million

Remain 16.1 million

Didn't vote 13 million

Whatever people think, that 13 million is a big number to go for!

Delighted to read this.

Don't get too excited. The SNP don't have any candidates in York.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    On a more serious note, I've been talking to folks about a 2nd vote, there's a big argument that the decision's been made, also that it's not worth rerunning one as most folks views are entrenched one way or another.

What most pundits on TV and elsewhere seem to forget is that there's a major group of non voters, most (not all) I've discussed it with didn't vote because they thought remain would skoosh it.

Here's the original numbers

Leave 17.4 million

Remain 16.1 million

Didn't vote 13 million

Whatever people think, that 13 million is a big number to go for!

That could be an important factor in a 2nd ref. I think a major part of the problem with the Remain campaign was it was run entirely on negative lines. Obviously modelled on the No campaign in Indyref1. The trouble was that people weren't sufficiently scared by Project Fear mk 2 because they didn't think Leave stood much chance and because the received wisdom in the UK for all my lifetime has been that Britain is an amazing country that can rule the waves whereas in Scotland it has been we're a basket case that couldn't run a bath.

I think in a 2nd EU ref anyone that's been paying attention* will have a much clearer idea of the UK's actual standing in the world, and vs the EU, and a much clearer idea of what they stand to lose.

* I realise that's a probably smallish minority but it's an invigorated one and the swing needed is small.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    That could be an important factor in a 2nd ref. I think a major part of the problem with the Remain campaign was it was run entirely on negative lines. Obviously modelled on the No campaign in Indyref1. The trouble was that people weren't sufficiently scared by Project Fear mk 2 because they didn't think Leave stood much chance and because the received wisdom in the UK for all my lifetime has been that Britain is an amazing country that can rule the waves whereas in Scotland it has been we're a basket case that couldn't run a bath.

I think in a 2nd EU ref anyone that's been paying attention* will have a much clearer idea of the UK's actual standing in the world, and vs the EU, and a much clearer idea of what they stand to lose.

* I realise that's a probably smallish minority but it's an invigorated one and the swing needed is small.
    My worry is I have been living in an echo chamber (the kind where my opinion makes perfect sense and everyone else is clearly mental to think otherwise). Some of the polling does not make good reading.

In a three way shoot off, Mays deal wins.

England is clearly mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    My worry is I have been living in an echo chamber (the kind where my opinion makes perfect sense and everyone else is clearly mental to think otherwise). Some of the polling does not make good reading.

Only after we have reunited the island of Ireland, clearly. What is telling about the map is that cities in England look as if they are remain. Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham as far as my geography goes are all blue
    #Persevered

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post

I think thatís common for all people so you are not alone!

For me the most fascinating thing from both Indy and Brexit has been the reaction from those that lost the vote.

The automatic reaction has not been to look at why the losing argument was not strong enough but to create straw man reasons as to why the majority voted against their perspective.

For Indy it was basket case Yoons or suckers for project fear or media bias

For Brexit itís been little englander racism and delusions left over from the Empire or lately that it was just old senile folk out to spite the young guns.

The process has then been to attack those straw men and to assume the majority were wrong and to actively work against the decisions the polls returned. Often thatís resulted in an interesting juxtaposition of the same argument being used but in opposite ways to justify those positions.

Whatever the outcome of all this itís pretty clear that both Indy and Brexit are corrosive elements that have caused significant splits in society and exposed the vested interests of all parties on both sides. It leads me to believe nothing from any of them!

My final thought is that none of it is probably worth the bother and certainly not if we go to all the effort of having referendums and then immediately working to thwart the outcomes no matter what. So maybe we should have a referendum on the use of referendums as currently they seem to have done nothing but create more division and more uncertainty rather than resolve anything.

Priti Patel at it again

Check out @NicolaSturgeonís Tweet: https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/s...482515456?s=09

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    SNP one dimensional and single issue? .... This must've been photoshopped I guess.
    They were in the chamber until around 1 in the morning, talking about the impact brexit would have on the Scottish Economy. Every tory along with the vast majority of Labour MPs cleared out after the 3 government defeats.

I don't care how people try to dress it up any differently. Only one party is sticking up for Scotland and anybody who backs any of those other parties is not sticking up for Scotland.

Priti Patel at it again

Check out @NicolaSturgeonís Tweet: https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/s...482515456?s=09

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    If only it was a bad joke. But they've done it before.

UK blocks Scottish support for EU citizens' settled status fees

"The Scottish Government is committed to paying the fee for EU citizens working in our devolved public services.

"However, the UK Government will not allow third-party payments, thereby forcing EU citizens to pay it up-front."

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17...d-status-fees/