hibs.net Messageboard

Page 123 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 7488
  1. #3661
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    39,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Parties can be as popular or as unpopular as they like.

    Doesn't necessarily mean they will win single issue referendums as was demonstrated just a few years back in 2014.
    Single issue referendums?

    Can you name any several issue referendums?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!




  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #3662
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or possibly folk dont only vote for them on a single issue


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't really care about the snp overly.

    They lost the single issue referendum to break up the UK and that's their reason for being.

  4. #3663
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    39,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really care about the snp overly.

    They lost the single issue referendum to break up the UK and that's their reason for being.
    Mon Scottish Labour
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  5. #3664
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mon Scottish Labour
    Nothing wrong with Labour.

    Scotland and the rest of the UK is crying out for real leadership from especially Jeremy Corbyn who will implement real change for the benefit of all of us.

  6. #3665
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    39,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing wrong with Labour.

    Scotland and the rest of the UK is crying out for real leadership from especially Jeremy Corbyn who will implement real change for the benefit of all of us.
    I never said there was anything wrong with Labour. There's every chance I'll vote for them next GE.

    I'm not sure how you're hearing folk crying out for JC, though, given that he's lagging behind against Theresa May in the polls.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  7. #3666
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    723
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're a single issue party whose sole mission is to break up the UK.

    Are you really that surprised when they aren't clapped from anyone but their followers?
    Is that not true of any party though?

    Are Mon Scottish labour clapped by anybody outwith their followers? Are they clapped by their followers? Do their followers know what they're clapping for or are they just told to clap and follow?

  8. #3667
    @hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing wrong with Labour.
    Nothing? Nothing at all?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  9. #3668
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing wrong with Labour.

    Scotland and the rest of the UK is crying out for real leadership from especially Jeremy Corbyn who will implement real change for the benefit of all of us.
    The Labour party is crying out for real leadership from Jeremy Corbyn.

  10. #3669
    Testimonial Due weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're a single issue party whose sole mission is to break up the UK.

    Are you really that surprised when they aren't clapped from anyone but their followers?
    Thought you had no interest in the SNP!

  11. #3670
    Testimonial Due weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really care about the snp overly.

    They lost the single issue referendum to break up the UK and that's their reason for being.
    So you keep saying, but they are mentioned in 99%of your posts

  12. #3671
    Testimonial Due weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing wrong with Labour.

    Scotland and the rest of the UK is crying out for real leadership from especially Jeremy Corbyn who will implement real change for the benefit of all of us.
    Labour are crying out for a leader and that ain't Corbyn. In fact I'm not sure they have a natural leader within the whole MP group at the moment

  13. #3672
    Ian Blackford gave a fine performance on QT last night.
    Only just realised that he's a Hibby.

  14. #3673
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Posts
    11,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're a single issue party whose sole mission is to break up the UK.

    Are you really that surprised when they aren't clapped from anyone but their followers?
    Rubbish. Blackford received copious applause for his participation. It only fell silent when he mentioned independence but no real surprise there considering the location.

  15. #3674
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never said there was anything wrong with Labour. There's every chance I'll vote for them next GE.

    I'm not sure how you're hearing folk crying out for JC, though, given that he's lagging behind against Theresa May in the polls.


    Delighted to read this.

    As for JC, he's been brilliant for Labour after some turbulent years and has been busy restoring the party back to its more traditional party roots. I'm very confident many of our supporters will feel able to vote Labour once again and turn their backs on protest vote single issue parties such as the dictatorship that is the snp.

  16. #3675
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Auckland, NZ
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,035
    Gamer IDs

    Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Delighted to read this.

    turn their backs on protest vote single issue parties such as the dictatorship that is the snp.
    Here fishy fishy fishy



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #3676
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    13,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're a single issue party whose sole mission is to break up the UK.

    Are you really that surprised when they aren't clapped from anyone but their followers?
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  18. #3677
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    13,758
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that not true of any party though?

    Are Mon Scottish labour clapped by anybody outwith their followers? Are they clapped by their followers? Do their followers know what they're clapping for or are they just told to clap and follow?
    Mon Scottish Labour
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  19. #3678
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    13,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really care about the snp overly.

    They lost the single issue referendum to break up the UK and that's their reason for being.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  20. #3679
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    13,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Delighted to read this.

    As for JC, he's been brilliant for Labour after some turbulent years and has been busy restoring the party back to its more traditional party roots. I'm very confident many of our supporters will feel able to vote Labour once again and turn their backs on protest vote single issue parties such as the dictatorship that is the snp.
    In truth, where Hibby Radge lives there isn't much of a choice, unless he wants to stand for the SNP in York
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  21. #3680
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,463
    SNP one dimensional and single issue? .... This must've been photoshopped I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  22. #3681
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,463
    On a more serious note, I've been talking to folks about a 2nd vote, there's a big argument that the decision's been made, also that it's not worth rerunning one as most folks views are entrenched one way or another.

    What most pundits on TV and elsewhere seem to forget is that there's a major group of non voters, most (not all) I've discussed it with didn't vote because they thought remain would skoosh it.

    Here's the original numbers

    Leave 17.4 million

    Remain 16.1 million

    Didn't vote 13 million


    Whatever people think, that 13 million is a big number to go for!

  23. #3682
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    39,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Delighted to read this.

    As for JC, he's been brilliant for Labour after some turbulent years and has been busy restoring the party back to its more traditional party roots. I'm very confident many of our supporters will feel able to vote Labour once again and turn their backs on protest vote single issue parties such as the dictatorship that is the snp.
    Don't get too excited. The SNP don't have any candidates in York.

  24. #3683
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On a more serious note, I've been talking to folks about a 2nd vote, there's a big argument that the decision's been made, also that it's not worth rerunning one as most folks views are entrenched one way or another.

    What most pundits on TV and elsewhere seem to forget is that there's a major group of non voters, most (not all) I've discussed it with didn't vote because they thought remain would skoosh it.

    Here's the original numbers

    Leave 17.4 million

    Remain 16.1 million

    Didn't vote 13 million


    Whatever people think, that 13 million is a big number to go for!

    That could be an important factor in a 2nd ref. I think a major part of the problem with the Remain campaign was it was run entirely on negative lines. Obviously modelled on the No campaign in Indyref1. The trouble was that people weren't sufficiently scared by Project Fear mk 2 because they didn't think Leave stood much chance and because the received wisdom in the UK for all my lifetime has been that Britain is an amazing country that can rule the waves whereas in Scotland it has been we're a basket case that couldn't run a bath.

    I think in a 2nd EU ref anyone that's been paying attention* will have a much clearer idea of the UK's actual standing in the world, and vs the EU, and a much clearer idea of what they stand to lose.




    * I realise that's a probably smallish minority but it's an invigorated one and the swing needed is small.

  25. #3684
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,431
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That could be an important factor in a 2nd ref. I think a major part of the problem with the Remain campaign was it was run entirely on negative lines. Obviously modelled on the No campaign in Indyref1. The trouble was that people weren't sufficiently scared by Project Fear mk 2 because they didn't think Leave stood much chance and because the received wisdom in the UK for all my lifetime has been that Britain is an amazing country that can rule the waves whereas in Scotland it has been we're a basket case that couldn't run a bath.

    I think in a 2nd EU ref anyone that's been paying attention* will have a much clearer idea of the UK's actual standing in the world, and vs the EU, and a much clearer idea of what they stand to lose.




    * I realise that's a probably smallish minority but it's an invigorated one and the swing needed is small.
    My worry is I have been living in an echo chamber (the kind where my opinion makes perfect sense and everyone else is clearly mental to think otherwise). Some of the polling does not make good reading.

    In a three way shoot off, Mays deal wins.

    England is clearly mental.


  26. #3685
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    13,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My worry is I have been living in an echo chamber (the kind where my opinion makes perfect sense and everyone else is clearly mental to think otherwise). Some of the polling does not make good reading.

    In a three way shoot off, Mays deal wins.

    England is clearly mental.



    Only after we have reunited the island of Ireland, clearly. What is telling about the map is that cities in England look as if they are remain. Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham as far as my geography goes are all blue
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  27. #3686
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My worry is I have been living in an echo chamber (the kind where my opinion makes perfect sense and everyone else is clearly mental to think otherwise). Some of the polling does not make good reading.

    In a three way shoot off, Mays deal wins.

    England is clearly mental.

    I think thatís common for all people so you are not alone!

    For me the most fascinating thing from both Indy and Brexit has been the reaction from those that lost the vote.

    The automatic reaction has not been to look at why the losing argument was not strong enough but to create straw man reasons as to why the majority voted against their perspective.

    For Indy it was basket case Yoons or suckers for project fear or media bias

    For Brexit itís been little englander racism and delusions left over from the Empire or lately that it was just old senile folk out to spite the young guns.

    The process has then been to attack those straw men and to assume the majority were wrong and to actively work against the decisions the polls returned. Often thatís resulted in an interesting juxtaposition of the same argument being used but in opposite ways to justify those positions.

    Whatever the outcome of all this itís pretty clear that both Indy and Brexit are corrosive elements that have caused significant splits in society and exposed the vested interests of all parties on both sides. It leads me to believe nothing from any of them!

    My final thought is that none of it is probably worth the bother and certainly not if we go to all the effort of having referendums and then immediately working to thwart the outcomes no matter what. So maybe we should have a referendum on the use of referendums as currently they seem to have done nothing but create more division and more uncertainty rather than resolve anything.

  28. #3687
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,463
    Priti Patel at it again


    Check out @NicolaSturgeonís Tweet: https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/s...482515456?s=09


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  29. #3688
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    4,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SNP one dimensional and single issue? .... This must've been photoshopped I guess.
    They were in the chamber until around 1 in the morning, talking about the impact brexit would have on the Scottish Economy. Every tory along with the vast majority of Labour MPs cleared out after the 3 government defeats.

    I don't care how people try to dress it up any differently. Only one party is sticking up for Scotland and anybody who backs any of those other parties is not sticking up for Scotland.

  30. #3689
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    4,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Priti Patel at it again


    Check out @NicolaSturgeonís Tweet: https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/s...482515456?s=09


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    If only it was a bad joke. But they've done it before.

  31. #3690
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    4,404
    UK blocks Scottish support for EU citizens' settled status fees

    "The Scottish Government is committed to paying the fee for EU citizens working in our devolved public services.

    "However, the UK Government will not allow third-party payments, thereby forcing EU citizens to pay it up-front."


    https://www.thenational.scot/news/17...d-status-fees/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved