hibs.net Messageboard

Page 250 of 250 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250
Results 7,471 to 7,488 of 7488
  1. #7471
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She resigned from the cabinet.
    I'm confused - that doesn't stop her running for leader of the Party though...am I on the wrong thread again! :-)


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #7472
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    13,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm confused - that doesn't stop her running for leader of the Party though...am I on the wrong thread again! :-)
    No. I jumped the gun. But timing is everything
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  4. #7473
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. I jumped the gun. But timing is everything
    Ah, I get your point. To be fair, you weren't alone. ;-)

  5. #7474
    @hibs.net private member Jim44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    72
    Posts
    16,599
    Blog Entries
    1
    Boris J is our Donald T. God help us and the rest of the world if he stumbles into Downing Street.

  6. #7475
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    13,543
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  7. #7476
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    13,543
    Do we still need Brexit now we have had Trexit?
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  8. #7477
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    32,828
    screenshot.1798.jpg


    borrowed from Kevin Bridges ;)

  9. #7478
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    3,958
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    screenshot.1798.jpg


    borrowed from Kevin Bridges ;)
    Would be funny if accurate.

    An image of her sailing away on her own private yacht with wads of cash would be more accurate. Albeit, not funny at all.

  10. #7479
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    32,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would be funny if accurate.

    An image of her sailing away on her own private yacht with wads of cash would be more accurate. Albeit, not funny at all.

    awk c'mon man, i thought it was more a play on her surname and the timings are very accurate

  11. #7480
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    3,958
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    awk c'mon man, i thought it was more a play on her surname and the timings are very accurate
    Just can't bring myself to laugh at any of this. What an utter cluster **** UK politics is. History appears to be repeating itself. Whenever a stable system of government becomes unstable anywhere in the world, it always leaves a vacuum to be filled by some extremist/fascist types. Which is exactly what we're seeing with Farage and his ever growing band of nazi supporters.

  12. #7481
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    2,875
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just can't bring myself to laugh at any of this. What an utter cluster **** UK politics is. History appears to be repeating itself. Whenever a stable system of government becomes unstable anywhere in the world, it always leaves a vacuum to be filled by some extremist/fascist types. Which is exactly what we're seeing with Farage and his ever growing band of nazi supporters.

    What does that say about people in general ???

  13. #7482
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    16,414
    https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1...258109952?s=21
    This on the Brexit Party is worth a watch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #7483
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1...258109952?s=21
    This on the Brexit Party is worth a watch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks.

    Just goes to show how the Tories evolve.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  15. #7484
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    3,958
    Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does that say about people in general ???
    That we're sheep who will jump on any bandwagon that makes us feel good and empowered at the time, while giving very little regard to the long term implications from doing so. A lesson we never learn from.

  16. #7485
    @hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Banks of the Weser
    Age
    65
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That we're sheep who will jump on any bandwagon that makes us feel good and empowered at the time, while giving very little regard to the long term implications from doing so. A lesson we never learn from.
    Bit of a generalisation there, but under the FPTP system, there are probably enough sheep to see BoJo win a snap election handsomely and go on to convince enough of his new intake of MPs to back whatever he wants, including a no deal, on the back of his mandate. These days 35% can get you a decent majority, with the anti-Brexit vote split.

    However, given you can’t believe a word he says, and now that we live in the Trump era where sheep vote for liars, there are plenty other strategies available to the buffoon party. Once the DUP lose their influence, could the Tories sacrifice N. Ireland by backing the backstop and setting up customs at the ports? Could they pull that long-forgotten “sensible” Brexit policy document “Flexcit” back out of the drawer, putting an end to the “my willie is bigger than yours” nonsense we’ve had for the past 3 years? Tory MPs under a majority Johnson government will be much easier to whip into line, especially in the first months after a successful election.

    What happens next for Brexit? Trump politics.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  17. #7486
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    16,414
    Quote Originally Posted by HiBremian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit of a generalisation there, but under the FPTP system, there are probably enough sheep to see BoJo win a snap election handsomely and go on to convince enough of his new intake of MPs to back whatever he wants, including a no deal, on the back of his mandate. These days 35% can get you a decent majority, with the anti-Brexit vote split.

    However, given you can’t believe a word he says, and now that we live in the Trump era where sheep vote for liars, there are plenty other strategies available to the buffoon party. Once the DUP lose their influence, could the Tories sacrifice N. Ireland by backing the backstop and setting up customs at the ports? Could they pull that long-forgotten “sensible” Brexit policy document “Flexcit” back out of the drawer, putting an end to the “my willie is bigger than yours” nonsense we’ve had for the past 3 years? Tory MPs under a majority Johnson government will be much easier to whip into line, especially in the first months after a successful election.

    What happens next for Brexit? Trump politics.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Brexit vote is split now as well. If Johnson does a deal with Farage, does he lose centrist Tories?
    Johnson himself is in a marginal seat that voted remain. Going for a GE is a massive personal risk. Things are changing very fast just now and it’s becoming very hard to predict. I suspect Labour will move to a solid 2nd ref stance soon (if they don’t then I can see a challenge to Corbyn coming) and that Change will merge with Lib Dem’s.
    If Tories and Brexit Party do a deal I would not rule out the remain parties doing a deal as well. The GE would become a referendum in all but name.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #7487
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    16,414
    McVey has just joined Johnson and Raab in being in favour of no deal.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #7488
    @hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Banks of the Weser
    Age
    65
    Posts
    1,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Brexit vote is split now as well. If Johnson does a deal with Farage, does he lose centrist Tories?
    Johnson himself is in a marginal seat that voted remain. Going for a GE is a massive personal risk. Things are changing very fast just now and it’s becoming very hard to predict. I suspect Labour will move to a solid 2nd ref stance soon (if they don’t then I can see a challenge to Corbyn coming) and that Change will merge with Lib Dem’s.
    If Tories and Brexit Party do a deal I would not rule out the remain parties doing a deal as well. The GE would become a referendum in all but name.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think you’re right about Labour, Oz. And Change seem to be a busted flush. But for me the whole raison d’etre of Johnson is to win back enough Brexit Party voters for a FPTP clean sweep. Not got figures in front of me, but we’d have to look at the marginals. I can see places like Darlington, where I used to live, going Tory under Johnson.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved