hibs.net Messageboard

Page 248 of 248 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248
Results 7,411 to 7,422 of 7422
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    There's a small part of me that wants the chaos of no deal to transpire just to get it up the folk that are WTO way to go

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No chance. I can possibly see us going back to the Canada style deal that we were offered at the beginning, but that would still require a majority that doesn’t exist, but it could be a compromise to avoid no deal.
    The UK has only been offered a Canada deal if NI stays in the single market/CU and there is the famous "border in the Irish sea".

I think the new Tory Brexiter PM will take us into a general election promising No Deal. If Labour doesn't get off the fence, they might just win.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    The UK has only been offered a Canada deal if NI stays in the single market/CU and there is the famous "border in the Irish sea".

I think the new Tory Brexiter PM will take us into a general election promising No Deal. If Labour doesn't get off the fence, they might just win.
    You have a hard sell there. I’d like to see what my remain backing, but Mays Deal backing Tory MP says in that instance.

“Yes, I know I campaigned to remain, I know I said how essential a deal was, so much that I back Mays Deal however many times it came to Parliament, but now BOJO wants no Deal, and that’s for the best.”

She (and many others) would lose all credibility. Certainly with the floaters in my constituency.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    You have a hard sell there. I’d like to see what my remain backing, but Mays Deal backing Tory MP says in that instance.

“Yes, I know I campaigned to remain, I know I said how essential a deal was, so much that I back Mays Deal however many times it came to Parliament, but now BOJO wants no Deal, and that’s for the best.”

She (and many others) would lose all credibility. Certainly with the floaters in my constituency.

J
    It'll be sold as get tough with Brussels but be prepared for No Deal if those stupid intransigent furriners won't see sense.

Various journos on twitter saying the WAB has been pulled. Has May finally given up?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    mel stride replaces andrea leadsom

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Various journos on twitter saying the WAB has been pulled. Has May finally given up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Now rumours that the withdrawal agreement may not now be brought back before parliament as she realised that hell hasn't frozen over.
    Keep up, I heard that at 22:15 yesterday
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Keep up, I heard that at 22:15 yesterday
    No one likes a show off.

Guardian reports May still trying to cling to the wreckage - https://www.theguardian.com/politics...t-prolong-exit

Meanwhile, according to Robert Peston, Boris has been putting the word round Tory MPs to oppose the WAB so the next PM (whoever that might be ) can go to Brussels and triumphantly negotiate the backstop out of the deal. Huzzah!

They really are spellbindingly stupid.

@hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/05/...mpression=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It's incredible that you credit them with such sophistication, such brilliant vision and, almost unearthly intelligence.

Mind you, it's only the "sheer simpletons" in the electorate that they have to fool. It's not like they're dealing with hyper intelligent, independent, deep thinkers.

Pretty much everything is a conspiracy to you, though. I need to remember that.
    I've been saying that it will be a "No Deal" ever since this fiasco kicked off and have been scoffed at relentlessly for saying so. Everything is playing out pretty much exactly as I expected that it would.

Call it a conspiracy or whatever else you like. What I said was happening is happening.

@hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk