hibs.net Messageboard

Five Weeks on and I'm Away Again...

I've just seen pictures on Facebook of that beautiful cup being taken to the Marie Curie hospice. The Hibby involved is clearly near the end of his life, sadly, but you could see from the pics what it meant to him and to his friends who made it possible. Hibs class indeed

2. Log in to remove the advert

Frank took it up to Hospice on Thursday.......Brilliant story.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Frank took it up to Hospice on Thursday.......Brilliant story.....
    Wonderful

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Nice one.

My dad is in that situation - To be honest, we didnt think he would be around for the cup final, so it was extra special on the day at Hampden.

He wasnt going to renew his ST, for fairly obvious reasons.

However, we got our photos with the cup last night which was brilliant........................then he decided to renew his ST which he did at the office this morning.

Lump in throat stuff

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Nice one.

My dad is in that situation - To be honest, we didnt think he would be around for the cup final, so it was extra special on the day at Hampden.

However, we got our photos with the cup last night which was brilliant........................then he decided to renew his ST which he did at the office this morning.

Lump in throat stuff
    Wow, emotional stuff......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Nice one.

Lump in throat stuff
    For anyone who doesn't understand the love we have for our football team, and what it means to people, this says it all. Lovely story and best wishes to your dad

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    I've just seen pictures on Facebook of that beautiful cup being taken to the Marie Curie hospice. The Hibby involved is clearly near the end of his life, sadly, but you could see from the pics what it meant to him and to his friends who made it possible. Hibs class indeed
    Just popped up on my FB page Suzy. It's a long time London Hibs member who's in the hospice & some LH members taking the cup in. Very sad indeed & for me personally but once again a great tribute to our Hibs family.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Just popped up on my FB page Suzy. It's a long time London Hibs member who's in the hospice & some LH members taking the cup in. Very sad indeed & for me personally but once again a great tribute to our Hibs family.
    I'm sorry to hear that, B but hopefully it brought him some comfort. Wonderful gesture

Got a link Suz? x

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Nice one.

Lump in throat stuff
    What a moving story mate. Good on your Dad,just shows what it means to him. Total respect to a fellow Hibby.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    Got a link Suz? x
    Have sent you a PM G as I don't feel comfortable sharing the man's pics as I don't know him

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice one.

Lump in throat stuff
    Like the OP, that is a beautiful but clearly really sad story.

God bless you all and God bless the Hibs.

The emotional pull of the club and what it means to us all never ceases to surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Like the OP, that is a beautiful but clearly really sad story.

God bless you all and God bless the Hibs.

The emotional pull of the club and what it means to us all never ceases to surprise me.
    again.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    again.
    Likewise

Have sent you a PM G as I don't feel comfortable sharing the man's pics as I don't know him
    Saw it. Fab!

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Nice one.

Lump in throat stuff
    Don't know whether to laugh or greet after reading that tbh.

Brilliant that your Dad has seen it and been so mentally strong to have his picture taken with the cup last night and then renew today, however sad that he is struggling health wise.

I would like to think I could be like your Dad if faced with the same scenario.

Nice one.

Lump in throat stuff

I don't get tears easy but this is a very emotional post.

What a man / dad / true Hibby, he sounds.. My dad was in this situation 26 years ago and still insisted on getting to the games in a rickety old NHS wheelchair in the last few weeks of his illness..

Please pass on thoughts to him and your family.

Never saw this, but thanks for sharing a sad but truly powerful story. Even in the darkest of times, our great club with all its memories shared with family and friends throughout the years can let in so much love and light.

[QUOTE=FranckSuzy;4742305]I've just seen pictures on Facebook of that beautiful cup being taken to the Marie Curie hospice. The Hibby involved is clearly near the end of his life, sadly, but you could see from the pics what it meant to him and to his friends who made it possible. Hibs class indeed [/QUOT

Are there any links FZ to the pictures

Sounds like a really emotional story