hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Valur Reykjavik V Brondby

Seems like no one is giving Valur a chance.For a bit fun, what do you think the aggregate score will be in this tie
    I'll go Valur 2-1 Brondby.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Brondby haven't started their season yet, have a new manager and a number of new players. Valur are well into their season. Did a team from Iceland not beat Aberdeen a few years ago?

Might be closer than we think.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Agg 4-1 Brondby

3-2 hibs. Gray winner

@hibs.net private member
    Waxy, why would you want the Valur to win when you know several Hibs fans have posted they've booked up already for Copenhagen ? You jealous or just being a wind up merchant ?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Waxy, why would you want the Valur to win when you know several Hibs fans have posted they've booked up already for Copenhagen ? You jealous or just being a wind up merchant ?
    0-7 to the Lurpaks (only because the weather is probably like January 1st in Iceland )

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Brondby haven't started their season yet, have a new manager and a number of new players. Valur are well into their season. Did a team from Iceland not beat Aberdeen a few years ago?

Might be closer than we think.
    I agree with this. Time and time again Scottish clubs lose out to teams they should be beating comfortably due to our later starting date.

Brondby failed to get passed a dodgy Austrian team a few years back: http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague...hes/index.html

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    3-1 to the Icelanders .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    BTW I don't want Valur to win but just think it might be closer than we think. Hope folk don't lose out financially.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Bookies have Bronby at 1/3 to win the first leg, which is away. They seem pretty sure they will get through

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Bookies have Bronby at 1/3 to win the first leg, which is away. They seem pretty sure they will get through
    Here's hoping.

Folk want Valur to win because Brondby are much better than them, hence the 1/3 odds at the bookies for the away game. What would possibly possess a Hibs fan to make them want the better of their potential opponents to win? That's utter madness, unless the choice is between Barcelona and some Eastern Russian team. Just because some folk have booked flights for Denmark already doesn't mean we are supposed to want Brondby to win.

Disclaimer - I've booked flights for Denmark because I think they will win, but I still hope they play a shocker and lose.

I dont want Valur to win, i think they will win.

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Valur had a dodgy start their season I think. Sitting 8th?
    Brondby play a friendly Friday night be interesting to see their score.
    valur are 17/2 for the first leg, brondby 1/3. Bookies aren't daft.
    gulf in class across the park. Weirder things have happened but brondby should be too strong over two legs
    Hibernian Football Club

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Third post I've seen from him already saying Valur to win. Strange behaviour from a fellow Hibs fan to be almost wishing his fellows fans miss out.

Anyways, Valur are currently 7th in the Icelandic league. The last time they played in Europe was coincidently also against Brondby which they lost 3-1 on aggregate. Valur will also have a league game to contend with between the 1st and 2nd leg.

I'm no wanting people to lose money. Why are people booking before they know anyway? Madness.It is a big advantage to be already playing and upto speed in your league. Valur are Brondby arent rocket science not.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    I'm no wanting people to lose money. Why are people booking before they know anyway? Madness.It is a big advantage to be already playing and upto speed in your league. Valur are Brondby arent rocket science not.
    People are booking because trying to do so a week before is way more expensive and more difficult to arrange. It's happened a few times. If you want to be there at a price that makes it doable then you sometimes need to take a calculated gamble. Credit to people potentially losing out for a chance to go support the team.

It might be an advantage already playing but if you aren't that good the advantage is pretty minimal.

Left by mutual consent!
    It could be some want to actually qualify for the next stage. I hope to anything the icelandics win, we pump them and we have a good draw the next again round. Sorry if that upsets guys who don't care if we progress, tartan army style.

@hibs.net private member
    Mon the Icelanders. 🇮🇸

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    It could be some want to actually qualify for the next stage. I hope to anything the icelandics win, we pump them and we have a good draw the next again round. Sorry if that upsets guys who don't care if we progress, tartan army style.
    So the guys risking their cash by erring on the side of the favourite in the previous round don't care if we progress?

Anyway, not quite getting your logic. Whoever wins the previous tie will have been the better team.
    Last edited by Andy74; 21-06-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    So the guys risking their cash by erring on the side of the favourite in the previous round don't care if we progress?
    Some genuinely don't, and are happy just to be in the competition and only want a jolly abroad.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

Anyway, not quite getting your logic. Whoever wins the previous tie will have been the better team.
    I'm sure they do care, but some are getting annoyed at people for wanting the underdogs to win. Hibs best chance of qualifying is if the Icelandic team win.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    the bookies were also pretty sure that The Rangers would win the 2016 SC, but maybe they meant over Extra Time

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I'm sure they do care, but some are getting annoyed at people for wanting the underdogs to win. Hibs best chance of qualifying is if the Icelandic team win.
    Correct. I hope they pap Brondby and we knock them out next round. Sorry guys who have booked but I would prefer my club made more money and progresses.

I'm now wondering if the Brondby fans are booking their flights to Edinburgh, now that they're through to the next round

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    Correct. I hope they pap Brondby and we knock them out next round. Sorry guys who have booked but I would prefer my club made more money and progresses.
    I just hope we progress. Like most fans. I don't have a preference which team we beat to get there. Some have taken a chance in getting to maybe see one of the games and good on them.

If you are saying our only hope is playing the Icelandic team then we won't be in this competition for very long when we have to play a real team will we?

I just hope we progress. Like most fans. I don't have a preference which team we beat to get there. Some have taken a chance in getting to maybe see one of the games and good on them.

If you are saying our only hope is playing the Icelandic team then we won't be in this competition for very long when we have to play a real team will we?
    I don't know, but the Icelandic national team seemed quite real the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I don't know, but the Icelandic national team seemed quite real the other night.
    So did Wales, and Hibs would absolutely wreck any Welsh club team.

Testimonial Due
    Southwest Airlines will give credit for cancellations , they fly to Copenhagen?

And what about the folks who already booked a flight to Iceland?

Left by mutual consent!
    Cause on paper it's a far easier tie perhaps????