hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kris Commons

Kris Commons

Now before everyone shoots me down I know this is completely mental and think there's absolutely no chance of this happening but it came from a Celtic page so thought I'd post it.

Neil Lennon will be appointed the new manager of Hibernian FC later on today and it has been revealed that he’s told the Hibs money men that he wants to raid his old club.

Neil will have to manage expectations at Hibs but knows full well that they will be expected to be promoted this season and he will need reinforcements.

The player he really wants to help kickstart Easter Road Revolution is Celtic midfielder Kris Commons.

The former Scottish International was never favoured under last Celtic boss Ronny Deila but was pivotal in Neil Lennon’s last season at the club. He was Neil’s and Celtic’s top goalscorer that campaign.

The Irishman would now like to see Kris come to Hibs in an attempt to get them back into the Premier League.

This could all fall flat on its face if Brendan Rodgers sees Kris as an important player but if he plans on using him sparingly I think Neil will try and use his connections to get his man.

Source: Celtsarehere

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaa

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now before everyone shoots me down I know this is completely mental and think there's absolutely no chance of this happening but it came from a Celtic page so thought I'd post it.

Neil Lennon will be appointed the new manager of Hibernian FC later on today and it has been revealed that he’s told the Hibs money men that he wants to raid his old club.

Neil will have to manage expectations at Hibs but knows full well that they will be expected to be promoted this season and he will need reinforcements.

The player he really wants to help kickstart Easter Road Revolution is Celtic midfielder Kris Commons.

The former Scottish International was never favoured under last Celtic boss Ronny Deila but was pivotal in Neil Lennon’s last season at the club. He was Neil’s and Celtic’s top goalscorer that campaign.

The Irishman would now like to see Kris come to Hibs in an attempt to get them back into the Premier League.

This could all fall flat on its face if Brendan Rodgers sees Kris as an important player but if he plans on using him sparingly I think Neil will try and use his connections to get his man.

Source: Celtsarehere
    No-one will shoot you down, GA.

The story is on at least 2 other threads.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

And so it begins.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Come home Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Heard this on Monday commons on loan hendo and stokes will b signing prob a lot of nonsense but transfer window is here again people

Left by mutual consent!
    S S N is a nightmare. Each time SPFL is coming up the switch to adverts. GGGRRR

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    It's going to be a long, long summer...

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    He also wants to bring Emile Heskey Hahahaha

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt N Sauzee View Post
    No official word on Ibrahimovic to Man United. Lennon needs to get in there
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    He also wants to bring Emile Heskey Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    No official word on Ibrahimovic to Man United. Lennon needs to get in there
    Good lord!!

We should be aiming higher..

We might...........na.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1987kev View Post
    Heard this on Monday commons on loan hendo and stokes will b signing prob a lot of nonsense but transfer window is here again people

i'd maybe even buy my first ever season ticket

Smile

It's media *****e.......he's not even confirmed as manager yet.....good publicity though

Highly highly doubt it. Just rumours.

Be amazing if true but even if Rogers doesn't want him, i'm sure he will have much better offers elsewhere.

If Rodgers doesn't fancy him what would be the point of him going out on loan? He would probably be available for transfer and there is no way Hibs could afford the fee he would command, or his wage expectations for that matter.

A nice thought but I would be amazed if this got anywhere near happening .... the one thing commons can do is score from long range, for that alone I would love him at Hibs ..... only a dream I'm afraid.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If Rodgers doesn't fancy him what would be the point of him going out on loan? He would probably be available for transfer and there is no way Hibs could afford the fee he would command, or his wage expectations for that matter.

A nice thought but I would be amazed if this got anywhere near happening .... the one thing commons can do is score from long range, for that alone I would love him at Hibs ..... only a dream I'm afraid.
    Sometimes dreams come true, a recent Saturday afternoon springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Yeap thats where it originated and I believe their is truth to it too, any new manager will discuss targets when signing, they'll want to lay down a marker for the Season straight away , Lennon clearly got the best out of Commons and the last two years at Celtic haven't been great due to the fact Deila clearly didn't rate him, I think he's a realistic target, he's not long bought his first ever home in Scotland so that suggests he's putting down roots for good here and while no-one would suggest we could match his £15k p/w wages I do think we could get him on loan ala Stokes or he and Celtic could come to some kind of agreement for an early release and he could come here as a Player/Coach...I'm sure he's trying to get into Coaching, that could be our ark.

Anyway, as the Twitter account says, we probably wont know until Brendan Rodgers assess him in Pre-Season but if he doesn't want him I definitely think we have the best chance of enticing him

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

Commons isn't on much more than Stokes, most said money would rule out Stokes, most said money would rule out Lennon too, don't rule this out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Commons? Hahaha.

Left by mutual consent!
    Being linked with the likes of Kris Commons is a sign of good times ahead

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    No-one will shoot you down, GA.
    Agreed. It's Common knowledge now.

When Lennon first got the Bolton job, it was rumoured for months and months and months that Commons (and Gary Hooper) would be quickly through the door. Instead the only ex-Celtic player was Filip Twardzik. Should anyone actually prove he still exists (5 games in 15 months) then I'll be slashing his tyres if he even looks in the direction of the M6 (N).

'S' Form

Kris Commons ?

'Celts are Here' fans site reckons Lennon has made signing Kris Commons his first priority. Is he out of contract ? I can't imagine Rodgers will let anybody go just yet (except those out of contract - is Stokes ?), until he has seen them all play a bit in pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Reynard View Post
    'Celts are Here' fans site reckons Lennon has made signing Kris Commons his first priority. Is he out of contract ? I can't imagine Rodgers will let anybody go just yet (including Stokes), until he has seen them all play a bit in pre-season.
    1 year left at celtic and doubt he has a look in. Could happen on loan.

We're never affording his wages lol.

Commons, Brown, Stokes, Hendo and Forrest. Jesus, we're gonna have some team next season

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    He's a centre midfielder correct albeit an advanced role? Does leave a bit of imbalance as he already have McGinn, McGeoch, Fyvie and Bartley who play there? That was one of Stubbs failings of trying to play too many natural centre midfielders.

Fwiw I reckon this would be a non-starter.

RCM: McGeouch, Martin
    CM: Bartley, Fyvie
    LCM: McGinn, Thomson

CAM: Commons, Stanton