hibs.net Messageboard

Gaelic television research (BBC Alba)

A charaidean,

Over a year ago a number of you participated in my online questionnaire survey regarding Gaelic television, BBC Alba and the Gaelic language. I was pleased to discover a high uptake amongst Hibs fans especially, and two out of three randomly drawn prize winners were Hibs supporters.

As a follow up to that initial survey, over the next month I'll be carrying out interviews with a small number of people. To be eligible, all you have to be is a sports fan who has watched/watches BBC Alba.

Interviews will take place either at Edinburgh University, Glasgow University or a place of your choice (i.e. - your home). Interviews will be semi structured casual interviews with myself and will last between 30 minutes and 1 hour. The interviews will be sound recorded for transcriptions purposes and the data received will be either anonymised or not depending on your preference.

For your participation efforts, you will be remunerated with branded high street vouchers to the value of £20 (equivalent to at least £20 p/h). If you choose to travel to either Glasgow or Edinburgh Universities I can also reimburse reasonable traveling costs. Most interviews will take place in the second half of June.

If you'd like to share about your experience of BBC Alba as a sports fan, Gaelic television, or the Gaelic language again then please send an email to the address below and I will get back to you with further details, and then we can arrange a time, date and place which suits you.

Le gach dheagh dhùrachd,
    Gòrdan, Soillse

2060185m@research.gla.ac.uk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thanks to those who've responded so far. Still need a couple more for some short casual interviews. Slàinte, G.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A charaidean,

Over a year ago a number of you participated in my online questionnaire survey regarding Gaelic television, BBC Alba and the Gaelic language. I was pleased to discover a high uptake amongst Hibs fans especially, and two out of three randomly drawn prize winners were Hibs supporters.

As a follow up to that initial survey, over the next month I'll be carrying out interviews with a small number of people. To be eligible, all you have to be is a sports fan who has watched/watches BBC Alba.

Interviews will take place either at Edinburgh University, Glasgow University or a place of your choice (i.e. - your home). Interviews will be semi structured casual interviews with myself and will last between 30 minutes and 1 hour. The interviews will be sound recorded for transcriptions purposes and the data received will be either anonymised or not depending on your preference.

For your participation efforts, you will be remunerated with branded high street vouchers to the value of £20 (equivalent to at least £20 p/h). If you choose to travel to either Glasgow or Edinburgh Universities I can also reimburse reasonable traveling costs. Most interviews will take place in the second half of June.

If you'd like to share about your experience of BBC Alba as a sports fan, Gaelic television, or the Gaelic language again then please send an email to the address below and I will get back to you with further details, and then we can arrange a time, date and place which suits you.

Le gach dheagh dhùrachd,
    Gòrdan, Soillse

2060185m@research.gla.ac.uk

Can they be in gaelic?

@hibs.net private member
    Would be happy to help you out, but nowhere near Glasgow or Edinburgh (Lochinver in the NW Highlands), so probably rule myself out on distance?

All the best
    Dave

Left by mutual consent!
    I've replied, happy to help and I work at Little France Campus.

Cheers.

I replied too.

Hi . Happy to help. Glasgow based

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'll not participate but best of luck with your research.

I have no Gaelic association whatsoever but I'm a regular viewer of Alba and thoroughly enjoy the variety of programs that are on offer.

Keep up the good work!