hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Hats off to Dempster for selling Hibs to Lennon

Personally I think Rod Petrie has done a lot of good things for Hibs in terms of putting in place the infrastructure we have at the club but I don't feel he would have been the man to persuade a high calibre manager like Lennon that his next move should be to Easter Road. I've been hugely impressed by Leeann Dempster since she came to the club and the vibe around Hibs is night and day compared to two years ago. Her positivity is, I'm sure, reflected by the appointment of our new manager.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'll be much more gutted one day in the future when she decides to call time on us rather than any manager comings and goings.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll be much more gutted one day in the future when she decides to call time on us rather than any manager comings and goings.
    100% agree!

I genuinely didn't feel worried about us going forward after hearing the news that Stubbs was leaving. I feel more confident in what Leeann will do for our club than I have felt about any player or manager in the past.

Indeed she has already played a pivotal role in delivering the Scottish Cup.

It feels like there is never a dull moment with hibs at the moment. We are living in interesting times. I find myself logging onto hibs related websites continuously awaiting the next instalment.

Welcome to Hibs NL. I hope you are an overwhelming success.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Diet View Post
    It feels like there is never a dull moment with hibs at the moment. We are living in interesting times. I find myself logging onto hibs related websites continuously awaiting the next instalment.

Welcome to Hibs NL. I hope you are an overwhelming success.
    Yep, I'm the same.

I do find myself wondering how different it could have been. Thank god we scored in injury time rather than concede!

I think Stubbs still would have left, we probably wouldn't have the budget to attract Lennon, and we'd be looking at 6k season ticket holders rather than aiming for 10k!

Once again, Sir David Gray, thank you!

The interesting question now is how many extra season tickets will now be sold due to NL's appointment. Is 10k a little peesimistic. Can we reach for 12k???

maybe Hibs didnt need to be sold to lennon but that knew what kinda club we are and wanted to be our manager?

First Team Breakthrough Joe Baker2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Personally I think Rod Petrie has done a lot of good things for Hibs in terms of putting in place the infrastructure we have at the club but I don't feel he would have been the man to persuade a high calibre manager like Lennon that his next move should be to Easter Road. I've been hugely impressed by Leeann Dempster since she came to the club and the vibe around Hibs is night and day compared to two years ago. Her positivity is, I'm sure, reflected by the appointment of our new manager.
    totally agree!

In Leeann we trust!

The interesting question now is how many extra season tickets will now be sold due to NL's appointment. Is 10k a little peesimistic. Can we reach for 12k???

that's the spirit!!

To be honest I think the 10k figure will already take into account some extra sales based on a high profile appointment (such as Lennon).

Would certainly be delighted if we could go up to 12k, but I would doubt it while we are in this league.

Testimonial Due
    This 100%. Well said sir.

I hope leeann stays for a long time.

10k is already optimistic, but achievable. If we manage that then it's a fantastic effort for a championship club.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn2015 View Post
    I hope leeann stays for a long time.
    agree - she's the best thing to happen to our club in a long time

works awfy hard too

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    10k is already optimistic, but achievable. If we manage that then it's a fantastic effort for a championship club.
    definitely, 10k is probably more than Dundee Utd, Falkirk and the pars all put together

To be honest, especially after the parade scenes following the SC win, selling Hibs the club and the opportunity isn't something that someone who knows Scottish football should really need.

Right wage, assurances re: transfer budget, a personal connection between LD and Lennon and a proper look at the EM facilities and away we go, sign here please Neil is how it happened IMO .

Hats off to Lennon for selling himself to Leeann, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Hats off to Lennon for selling himself to Leeann, I say.
    Hold on to your hats, I'll say.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Agreed. Although credit must be given to RP and the board at the time for having the foresight to change how the football club was being run by bringing in Leanne etc.