hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Retain the Scottish Cup or Win the Championship?

Well? It would be tempting to go for the SC to rub Yam faces in it, but it would never as good the second time and we need to be up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Promising Youngster biggineurope's Avatar
    Promotion for me 1st. or both

Retaining the SC would be amazing but winning the league is an absolute must this season.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    We have to get out this league next season its simply a must.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    If we could do a Scottish Cup "threepeat" I would take going up via the playoffs next season.

Both.

And the League Cup!

Scottish cup - done!

Now for the championship

Why not the Europa League as well, for good measure? Seriously though, we have to get out of this league or we'll become marooned. Woops that's for the other side of the city!

I've been following Hibs for 50 years and in that time we have won (only) 4 major trophies. I don't view the championship as a major trophy, so for me, I'd take the Scottish Cup.

However, unfortunately no one is offering us the choice - we need to play well and earn whatever comes our way.

Now we have seen the holy grail, it has to be back to the bread and butter of the premiership

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both.
    OP's question just begging for The Dempster Response.

Scottish cup, with promotion via play offs 😉⚽️

League, SC, LC (with some youngsters from the U20s) and Petrolflucked cup (U20s only) in that order please.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    League, SC, LC (with some youngsters from the U20s) and Petrolflucked cup (U20s only) in that order please.
    What about the Europa?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Both!...

League 1st tho... and as for the cup, would be nice to remain holders longer than the Yams managed!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough kevo1875's Avatar
    Really wouldn't care if we played weakened team in cups and put full attention on winning the league

League.

The last few years have seen a lot of teams have their day in the cup. They are there for the winning for teams outwith the former OF now. Get back into the top league and we could well have our day a bit more often than we have been used to.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

We'll have the league virtually sewn up by the time we enter the Scottish in January anyway so aye, let's dae both. In fact let's start as we mean to go on and win the league cup in November

Both.....there can be no runner ups or failed ventures....it's win at all costs

@hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    Championship.....has to be

League is priority. Scottish cup we must defend with everything we have. The rest? Petrofac- play our reserve team. League cup- try but dont risk anyone not 100%. Europa league? Try our best but i'd be really surprised if we di anything in this.

League win next season is a no brainer for me.
    Just as winning the Holy Grail was a no brainer for me this season

Promotion . Then the Scottish cup the next 5 years in a row after that .

This club cannot fulfil its potential in this league, we need promotion.

Has to be promotion. Club can't afford to stay in this league now. Plus Martin Boyle won't survive another cup win so for his health I hope it's promotion. 😁

Promotion without a doubt. Probably be better getting knocked out all the cups so we can concentrate on the league.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBEETILLIDIE View Post
    Scottish cup, with promotion via play offs ⚽️
    What he said.

It'd mean more to me as I'd be bloody well there this time.

Seriously now, Hibs are not likely to stay in the Europa League for long. But hopefully it will mean that they are ahead of the rest of the Championship in terms of match fitness.

Hit the ground running in the Championship and the thing could be done and dusted before the Scottish Cup starts in January.

Hibs don't have to worry about the League Cup for a while as they will be exempted through to the third round. That mean one match to the quarter-final and two to the semi-final.

The Challenge Cup can present an opportunity for the fringe players from the first team squad along with some of the youth team. This competition was not run when Hibs were previously relegated and this time they have drawn Rangers in the first round twice.

Hibs seemed to cope well last season, despite a dreadful start in the League, until February and March when the effects of the League Cup Semi-final against St Johnston and the replayed Scottish Cup matches against Hearts and Inverness took their toll.

When McLeish won promotion for Hibs they had no extended cup runs. The Challenge Cup did not run. Hibs won away to Hamilton and beat Aberdeen in the League Cup before being hammed away at St Johnston. They went out of the Scottish Cup at Stirling in a replay.

Hibs do need some income from cup runs to balance the books so it would be stupid not to go for everything.

Now that I've seen us lift the both cups (never thought I'd say that) I hope we can finally get out of this division.

Championship. Hoodoo is off the back time to get back to where we belong