hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Thank you Stubbsy

Think we should have a thread to forward to him at Rotherham seeing as how we couldn't give him a proper send off knowing he was away.

Thank you Alan, you took over a shambles of a football club and gave us some cracking players, great memories, an unforgettable day in the cup final and you leave us as a legend. You're always welcome back at Easter Road and then some.

Don't take McGinn off us, mind.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member AndyB_70's Avatar
    Mountcastle (don't tell anyone I've left Leith)
    He had 2 attempts to get us promoted and didn't get us to any of the final games of the playoffs.
    That was his main job. Get us out of this rubbish league but we have another season in it.
    First hint of another job and he is off.

What you've done to turn this club around will never ever be forgotten. We were at rock bottom when you took over and you've managed to build a time we can finally be proud of again and lifted the club.

Thank you for the best day of my life on 21.05.2016. You will forever have legend status at this great club

Thanks for the Cup win, best of luck...

...and don't steal our best players.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Thanks for the greatest day of my hibby life and all the best big man

Yes we do.Thank you Alan Stubbs. For leading us to win our first Scottish cup for 114 years. Only two previous Hibs teams had won this 1887 and 1902 and you stand beside these players and each and every one of your 2016 team as a Hibernian legends.You took us Hibbys to an emotional height we never new existed. All the best in the future and your welcome back anytime.

First Team Breakthrough WWFTWTG's Avatar
    Best wishes for the future, you will always be remembered well by true hibs fans.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He had 2 attempts to get us promoted and didn't get us to any of the final games of the playoffs.
    That was his main job. Get us out of this rubbish league but we have another season in it.
    Right.

Well clearly the euphoria of the cup final is wearing off for some people already.

He was manager when we finally won the cup. For that day alone he deserves our thanks surely?

@hibs.net private member
    The mans a legend. End off. He delivered the Holy Grail. Good luck Stubbsy

Thanks for the cup win, thanks for giving us a bit pride back, thanks for a good record against Hearts and thanks for building a side who on their day could ba great to watch.

There were negatives as well of course but there's time to discuss that in the future. Alan Stubbs is a Hibs legend and I hope in time he can be brought back to ER, preferably at HT v Rangers or Hearts, in the future so we can thank him properly.

Thanks for the memories!

When you joined we were at an all time low after relegation, no squad to speak of and a massive rebuilding of not only the playing squad but backroom team along with Ld.

You brought us players like McGinn, McGeoch, Stokes, Fyvie, Henderson. Players who brought us great football and weren't afraid to take on the Premiership teams or the Rangers and a team that turned up in the Derby.

21st May will live long in the memory as will the parade.

Two key things highlighted by the goalscorers that day. You kept faith will Stokes as he built form and sharpness.

Second - Gray your first signing encompasses how you're teams play. Never giving up and plenty desire.

The play offs are a lottery but the only failure of your tenure was to learn how to beat teams who sit in and counter attack - Dumbarton, Alloa and Falkirk.

Wish you all the best, my only fear now is you may want to take more Scottish Cup Winners with you.

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks Stubbsy you gave us a day a lot of us thought we wouldn't see and a lot of friends and family never seen. Good luck in the future . Hibs legend.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Thanks for everything

21st May gave me a day with my Grandad that we both never thought we'd see together, for that you are a hero in my eyes.

Cheers for the best day of my life.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Thanks for the cup win, thanks for giving us a bit pride back, thanks for a good record against Hearts and thanks for building a side who on their day could ba great to watch.

There were negatives as well of course but there's time to discuss that in the future. Alan Stubbs is a Hibs legend and I hope in time he can be brought back to ER, preferably at HT v Rangers or Hearts, in the future so we can thank him properly.

Good luck to the guy.

All the very best Alan ....... I know I will never ever again feel that explosion of joy at a football match I experienced when the final whistle went at Hampden on 21/05/2016 ... for that you have my never ending gratitude ..... you are and forever will be a Hibs legend.

I hope you get Rotherham promoted, I hope you give the Rotherham fans a moment of utter joy like the one you gave us ...... but even if you do that mate, even if you win the league by 20 points ..... they will never ever be Hibernian football club .... you have gone to a better league mate, but never in a million years to a better football club.

I mean no disrespect to Rotherham by they way .... the message would be the same if you had gone to Man Utd.

Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 31-05-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB_70 View Post
    For me the Scottish cup was most important. 1st division has been more exciting than premier for a cojple of seasons. Next season we go up. Cheers Stubbs and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by WWFTWTG View Post
    Best wishes for the future, you will always be remembered well by true hibs fans.

GGTTH
    Yip I agree you leave legend with a very mixed record which is a rare thing all the best for the future. I hope u learn from the good and bad times and go on to do very well.

All the best stubbsy on your new adventure and thanks for getting us the Scottish cup.

Thanks for the best moment of my life so far. Cup runs greats, diamond and lack of width is something i wont miss.

Good luck stubbsy

Thank you. From where we were to the present day is chalk and cheese. Stubbsy has improved our club. The cup win was magical. Good luck in the future. Same goes to John Doolan and Andy Holden ( assuming they also leave).

Testimonial Due
    Thank you Alan. Hibs legend.

Testimonial Due
    All the best Stubbsy thanks for the cup.

We were at our absolute lowest when Stubbsy arrived. A total shambles on and off the park.
    He's left us still in a league Hibernian should not be in BUT he's also left us in a much better position for the next man to take us forward.

Oh aye, there was also something about winning some cup or other?......😂

I'm not one of the number happy to see him go but at the same time I'm far from devastated about it. Sometimes relationships just run their natural course and it's time to move on for the betterment of both parties involved.

But remember Alan, we'll always have that day at Hampden ;-)

The euphoria of last saturdays cup win will always stay with me. It was so special and surreal to sit there and watch it all unfurl before me.

I thank Alan and his team for that moment and for coming in and rescuing a sinking club from ruin.

I wish you every success in your next post and hope you find the challenge as interesting as ours was.

Although i wish you luck i cant help but feel that you are leaving a job that is half done! Your objective was to get us into the premier league where we belong. You asked the fans for loyalty and that you got. Other than family reasons i cannot see how Rotherham are a bigger club than the Hibs.

You brought players in with a promise of making them better players and leave them behind after their greatest moment in a Hibs jersey.Granted the loanees you brought in were perfect for the dream you asked us to believe in,and they gave us everything.

They now leave to go back to their parent clubs and you go south with your team. I just hope this does not take the heart and guts out of those left behind.

Ive no preference at this time for a new manager but i am hoping whoever comes in carries on the good work you have done and gets us into the premier league. You leave us a Hero and quite rightly so but you leave behind some very disappointed Hibs supporters too.

I personally thought we'd found a manager we could believe in, after all the changes we had before you came.
    Life goes on, they say and it will. Hibs will be bigger and better and we will get out of this league!

I thought that we had found a manager we could believe in at last, one who would be with us all of the way

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Thank you Stubbsy, you gave me the best day in my footballing life (which will never be topped) and for that you have my eternal gratitude. You leave Hibs as a legend.

It is a shame you have left at apparently the first real opportunity and left us in our promotion battle, however due to the above, I will maybe let you off

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    The euphoria of last saturdays cup win will always stay with me. It was so special and surreal to sit there and watch it all unfurl before me.

I thank Alan and his team for that moment and for coming in and rescuing a sinking club from ruin.

I wish you every success in your next post and hope you find the challenge as interesting as ours was.

Although i wish you luck i cant help but feel that you are leaving a job that is half done! Your objective was to get us into the premier league where we belong. You asked the fans for loyalty and that you got. Other than family reasons i cannot see how Rotherham are a bigger club than the Hibs.

You brought players in with a promise of making them better players and leave them behind after their greatest moment in a Hibs jersey.Granted the loanees you brought in were perfect for the dream you asked us to believe in,and they gave us everything.

They now leave to go back to their parent clubs and you go south with your team. I just hope this does not take the heart and guts out of those left behind.

Ive no preference at this time for a new manager but i am hoping whoever comes in carries on the good work you have done and gets us into the premier league. You leave us a Hero and quite rightly so but you leave behind some very disappointed Hibs supporters too.

I personally thought we'd found a manager we could believe in, after all the changes we had before you came.
    Life goes on, they say and it will. Hibs will be bigger and better and we will get out of this league!

I thought that we had found a manager we could believe in at last, one who would be with us all of the way
    Although I just posted....this.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Thanks Alan a true football man who provided a great football philosophy. Best day ever last week. Huge respect and hope it all goes well at the Merry Millers.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Thank you Alan...you provided me with my best ever moment supporting the team I love 💚

First Team Breakthrough
    All the best, forever a hibs great for giving me the best day of my life and also going us our pride back in our great club.