hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

Another boring Cup Final thread

Two people that stood out for me over the weekend......

1. amongst all the mayhem on top of the bus, there was 1 guy standing back and taking it all in, who deserved it more than anyone there. I'm talking about Big Frank, of course, who was a supporter before all of the team were even born. He's been through it all, and must have been bursting on Sunday.

2. Tony Higgins. The last man, before Stokes, to score the opening goal in a SCF for Hibs. Indeed, the scoring pattern was the same as 79. Us, them, them, us.... and then a full-back in a green jersey scoring the winner. My day would have been complete if I'd seen big Tony running on to the park and kicking seven kinds of **** out of Alex McDonald..... again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

1. amongst all the mayhem on top of the bus, there was 1 guy standing back and taking it all in, who deserved it more than anyone there. I'm talking about Big Frank, of course, who was a supporter before all of the team were even born. He's been through it all, and must have been bursting on Sunday.

2. Tony Higgins. The last man, before Stokes, to score the opening goal in a SCF for Hibs. Indeed, the scoring pattern was the same as 79. Us, them, them, us.... and then a full-back in a green jersey scoring the winner. My day would have been complete if I'd seen big Tony running on to the park and kicking seven kinds of **** out of Alex McDonald..... again.
    I thought Tony Higgins was the coolest man at Hampden on Saturday with his shades on. The only thing I could see clearly from row AAA in F2.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    I thought Tony Higgins was the coolest man at Hampden on Saturday with his shades on. The only thing I could see clearly from row AAA in F2.
    Great photo of Tony with the Cup and some wee fat dude in the EEN special.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Great photo of Tony with the Cup and some wee fat dude in the EEN special.
    The wee fat dude is probably the most hatest player in the history of hated players.

My Granda hated him when he played for St. Johnstone.... "dirtiest bloody player in Scottish fitba", apparently. And then he went on to play for Rangers and Hearts, and managed Airdrie. Need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    I don't think he looks well, TBH. Thought that at the HSL meeting.

Hope I'm wrong, of course.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

Spoke to him on Sunday morning, and he was absolutely beaming. He was like a kid at christmas when he was telling me he was going to be on the bus. But he assured me he would just be on the bottom deck! haha! Quite rightly got up the top