hibs.net Messageboard

The fine and the consequences...

I'm assuming we WILL get fined for Hampden but no idea what it'll be. A mate of mine, a Motherwell fan, says they got fined £102k in total after the crowd invasion against Sevco last season, and that was at their own ground. Reckon we could be in for a hefty one. I wondered if it will affect the playing budget, or is there a separate account kept for such things?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm assuming we WILL get fined for Hampden but no idea what it'll be. A mate of mine, a Motherwell fan, says they got fined £102k in total after the crowd invasion against Sevco last season, and that was at their own ground. Reckon we could be in for a hefty one. I wondered if it will affect the playing budget, or is there a separate account kept for such things?
    ...a special "Bam Fund"

They probably got fined that much because it was at their own ground. They were responsible for everyone's safety while we aren't in this instance.

Not sure it being at hampden would make the fine more? Being played at hampden, its only hibs responsibity to cover the legalities of informing fans about travel and safety and sharing police scotland messages, as well as terms when selling tickets.... its the SFA's responsibility to police the match appropriately. We will get a hefty fine as we are going to be made a case of here, however the SFA surely have to take acount and The Zombies should also be hammered for their part in the so called 'atrocities'....

Blog Entries
    I thought that the Motherwell 'punishment' was still being discussed and would not be announced till 2017. Is it not also the case that fan misbehaviour in your own stadium was considered more seriously punishable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I thought that the Motherwell 'punishment' was still being discussed and would not be announced till 2017. Is it not also the case that fan misbehaviour in your own stadium was considered more seriously punishable.
    Nope, the actual fine was £85k plus £17k to erect special fencing round the ground to prevent people from getting on the pitch. I should also say Sevco weren't fined at all.

Nope, the actual fine was £85k plus £17k to erect special fencing round the ground to prevent people from getting on the pitch. I should also say Sevco weren't fined at all.
    Where are you getting this from?

It was reported in only February of this year that the punishment will be announced in 18 months.

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Listened to last night's clyde ones super scoreboard and Derek Johnstone and some other clown expect us to be kicked out of the Scottish cup next year!! They were raging!! Hahaha!!!

Some jambos saying the damages will be £600k minimum due to the damage to the new advertising board system.

Quote Originally Posted by dalkeith stu View Post
    Listened to last night's clyde ones super scoreboard and Derek Johnstone and some other clown expect us to be kicked out of the Scottish cup next year!! They were raging!! Hahaha!!!
    we could be forced to play behind closed door matches or kicked out under the rules... not sure RP would allow that to happen in his position....

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post

It was reported in only February of this year that the punishment will be announced in 18 months.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35527397

They haven't been punished yet as the governing body has delayed punishment for 18 months.

Within that time, the Fir Park club must provide evidence of how they plan to address the charges against them.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    As Hibs does not manage this ground and as this offence is not governed by strict liability the club should not be asked to pay for the damage caused by the fans. The fans who caused the damage should pay for it. All these people who have committed criminal damage and assaults should also get football banning orders.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    we could be forced to play behind closed door matches or kicked out under the rules... not sure RP would allow that to happen in his position....
    I doubt they'll do anything more than fine as with the mounting examples of sevco misbehaviour they'd need to hit them hard too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post

While reporting on Saturday's incident, the Motherwell incident at last year's playoff final was referenced and they distinctly said that the Motherwell situation was still not resolved.

Can anyone explain this 'strict liability' rule in Scotland that people keep mentioning?

Does it mean there might not be much to answer for as it was at the national stadium, not ours? (In terms of policing eyc)

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    Can anyone explain this 'strict liability' rule in Scotland that people keep mentioning?

Does it mean there might not be much to answer for as it was at the national stadium, not ours? (In terms of policing eyc)
    The principle of SL makes it very difficult to defend wrongful actions. To be guilty of having committed an offence you need actus reus, the criminal act and mens rea the guilty mind minus defences. In SL mens rea does not need to be proved and therefore makes it very difficult to defend wrongful actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post

i dont think scotland has a 'strict liability' rulling. That's the problem. Eufa use it to impose fines, behind closed doors etc etc for European matches. We just get west cost bias sanctions.