hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Joe Baker2's Avatar

Boycott the Daily Record

It's a dirty, filthy rag that promotes sectarianism to sell news. Full of lies and the worst journalism you'll ever see.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Dinnae go online either, you are generating advertising cash for them

Anyone who still bought it after the keith jackson/Willie mckay Brown and Thommo episode need their heads looked at.

I won't even open a Web page of theirs.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Naw PSN ID: Naw Wii Code: Naw
    I woke up at 5am yesterday and thought about buying the papers... but thought otherwise and decided to wait for todays Evening News, local coverage

Also bought a Scotsman, nowt much said except the usual "not to be condoned....."

No over-reaction from them

I boycotted the Record years ago because it's crap.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

If there was ever any doubt that it was a hun loving paper then that doubt has gone. They are seething and I'm loving it!

Same for me. I stopped reading the Record a while back as well, any right-thinking Hibee should do the same after this. Wouldn't even wipe my arse with that rag now.

That, The Sun and BBC Sportsound.

For their blatant lies which are beyond belief I would be banning the Record from ER and the Sun to boot.

Disgusting the way they have portrayed what happened.

Yes the minority were total A holes and will be caught and punished accordingly.

I am now of the opinion that I don't want Hibs to make any further statement until things are investigated and what exactly the alleged injuries that required hospital treatment!

Left by mutual consent!
    Surely not a single soul on here still buys The Record?

It astonishes me that anybody here ever did.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a dirty, filthy rag that promotes sectarianism to sell news. Full of lies and the worst journalism you'll ever see.
    Did it years ago, but you really have to stay away from their website and any links to it.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    Can we ban the journalists from said tabloids from Easter road?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wills View Post
    Can we ban the journalists from said tabloids from Easter road?
    We're bigger than that, leave that to the wee teams like The Rangers

A no mark paper with no mark journos and rapidly declining readership. Tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker2 View Post
    Would they notice ? That rag has as much credibility as Warburton's Magic Hat on Cup Final Day and designed to appeal to imbeciles with chips on both shoulders.

First Team Breakthrough
    Today's Evening News brilliant .Special edition on Wednesday £1

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Anyone who still bought it after the keith jackson/Willie mckay Brown and Thommo episode need their heads looked at.

I won't even open a Web page of theirs.

I've never bought the Daily Record since these days and I'll never buy one in the future.

Describing that erse paper as a rag would be doing it a favour.

It is a **** paper, just like the English rag, as others have said full of lies, full of bile to appease the thick morons. Absolute disgusting so called journalism, total affront to real journalists.

Testimonial Due
    Wouldn't wipe my arse with that or the sun.

Squalid journalism

In a discussion with my brother on our way to purchase the newspapers, I predicted that The Edinburgh Evening News would have a negative take on what was a glorious day for the capital (witness the headline on the front page reminding anyone who didn't know how long it has been since Hibs won the cup) and that The Record would be biased but even the most cynical part of me didn't anticipate the appalling way they play to their Rangers supporting readership. They should be ashamed to call themselves journalists. I have never bought The Record or any of it's sister papers and I would urge every single Hibs fan to keep their cash and save themselves a lot of anger at the bile it represents and spout. On the other hand, if you want a biased report on what happened, a ridiculously slanted view on what should now happen and to play into The Rangers victim mentality then go ahead and purchase the rubbish.

I did read the Record online and agree we should boycott it.
    I thought the BBC coverage was poor too. Reading out a list of our cup final defeats at the moment our captain goes to lift the cup.
    Planned to belittle.
    After all the excitement I had a laugh when remembering the comment made near the end as they were losing the pace badly -"Rangers are going in for the kill"
    Not many other countries would put up with such bias.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I bought The Daily Record, The Sun, Evening News and Scotsman today, purely to keep as souvenirs. Don`t usually buy papers, but have a few from `07 so happy to add to the archives.

@hibs.net private member BigKev's Avatar
    Boycotted the Record for years. Whilst not entirely sure of banning the paper from Easter Road, I'd definitely ban Jackson purely for his consistent inflammatory remarks about the club and fans.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    never bought it for years and don't intend to ever again, west coast paper full of bull**** full of huns

First Team Breakthrough Green-Hibee-7's Avatar
    It's that prat Keith Jackson. How can he say every player was attacked or spat on - even Kenny Millers wife said it was lies. I'll not lie I've read the article at work today. It's like reading a post on Rangers media or a blog. That rag is a Rangers fanzine. The BBC absolutely intent on dragging us through the mud as well. Like I said on another thread ban the lot of them from Easter road.

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    Just announced on bbc Scotland news right this minute:

1. Hibs fans invade pitch.
    2. Hibs fans ATTACK rangers players.
    3. Hibs fans ATTACK Rangers supporters.
    4. Hibs fans fans are all bast ards.
    5. Rangers fans attacked in there beds.
    6. Rangers fans not even at the game attacked.
    7. Hibs fans murder 40 children on halfway line.

Ok, the last four are obviously made up but the others are exactly how the bbc Scotland news has reported it. The way they spoke about it tho you would think we had committed all 7.

What I want someone on the press or media side of things to come out and say "yes Hibs invaded the pitch but you can't fight someone if they two haven't invaded the pitch"

It will come out but it's disgUs ting one sided lies with pockets of truth

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    From tabloid newspapers to tabloid radio and Adrian Durham on talksport (yes you know its going to be total non sense before I even state what he said)

"Hibs fans were a total disgrace but I'm sure the SFA will find some way to blame rangers and relegate them 5 divisions"

Have to admit the second part does have a certain appeal to it.

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Boycotted the Record for years. Whilst not entirely sure of banning the paper from Easter Road, I'd definitely ban Jackson purely for his consistent inflammatory remarks about the club and fans.
    Aye. Would ban him forever more from ER or anything to do with Hibs.

You stopped greetin yet

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cam2644 View Post
    Reading out a list of our cup final defeats at the moment our captain goes to lift the cup.
    If that was MacLeod I'm surprised he didn't say the 2012 score as well, for the 296592852305230th time.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I wouldn't go as far as banning the Record and the Sun from ER. Just make it clear that they can't ask questions. If they don't like it, don't come and cover the Press Conference or match etc. We get nothing from them. Our fan base is not grown by the way games and news are reported. I think having alternate views is a good thing so would not necessarily make the only news come out of Hibs. EEN and Scotsman will probably still get sales based on the locals but none of the others.

Just had a wee nosey on the Daily Record website and read a few of Keith Jacksons articles. That man is pure poison. He obviously hates Hibs with a vengeance.