hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar

Anybody watched a replay of the winning goal yet?

One thing I can't make out is the one player who runs over towards the North stand whilst Gray and the other head to the South.

Just wondered who it was?

PS If K. Jackson is looking in, then it just shows the shocking disharmony in this shambles of a Hibs team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I just laugh every time I see it's Andy Halliday (hates the Pope and the IRA btw) who is supposed to be marking Gray.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Its Keatings who runs the other way.

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing I can't make out is the one player who runs over towards the North stand whilst Gray and the other head to the South.

Just wondered who it was?

PS If K. Jackson is looking in, then it just shows the shocking disharmony in this shambles of a Hibs team.
    I think it was Keatings.

It's Keatings. Was one of my favourite memories. Going mental ran the touch line celebrating in from of the north :D

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Thanks. Keatings then.

I just love picking up different wee bits. The reaction of the Hibs fans is just immense when it goes in.

Is there any wider angle footage that shows Keatings? I like seeing the whole picture sometimes rather than just the one focus on Gray etc - though that is just brilliant.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Liam Henderson at the final whistle was class too.

First one to realise the game was over, arms in the air charging towards the dugouts

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I just laugh every time I see it's Andy Halliday (hates the Pope and the IRA btw) who is supposed to be marking Gray.
    For Stokes equaliser, Halliday had both arms round Gray to stop him getting near the ball. Gray clearly wasn't going to let him get away with it again.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone know who the boy was that Gray ran to and cuddles when he scores was, he will remember that for rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post

First one to realise the game was over, arms in the air charging towards the dugouts
    Love his reaction. His contribution to the game will never be forgotten.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

it's amazing

Watched a replay? Only several thousand or so times ...

Watched the whole game again last night.

Cummings was still on the pitch about 10mins after the final whistle he actually had to get man handled down the tunnel by a Hibs guy with a shirt and tie

Coaching Staff
    Was only on the replay that I became aware of Stevenson's two handed but half hearted 'push'on Waghorn (?).

gotta be honest again and say that had that been the other way I would have been shouting for a penalty.

First Team Breakthrough uk3doorsdown's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: uk3doorsdown PSN ID: uk3doorsdown
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Anyone know who the boy was that Gray ran to and cuddles when he scores was, he will remember that for rest of his life.
    That boy is Craig, he is from my work - he was buzzing!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Watched it over and over. Simply stunning!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes

That was how I knew we'd won from where I was sitting and it's an image I will never forget, thanks Liam!

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    That was how I knew we'd won from where I was sitting and it's an image I will never forget, thanks Liam!
    Same, I saw the ref put the whistle in his mouth and thought he was blowing up for a free-kick. But liams reaction told me everything was about to get messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Me too, particularly after his "we've got this" celebration when he scored

Two things I laughed at with the winning goal was Keatings running the opposite direction from Gray and the other players because it just happened to be the way he was facing as the goal went in.
    The other was when Gray ran to the fans, another player (not sure who) used one of the policeman's shoulders to jump into the celebration, the policeman doesn't bat an eye and just calmly re-adjusts his hat.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

Great video by craigfowler86 on Twitter - can someone post it please on here?

Shows the goal from the press box and the fans going wild.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Man Down Under View Post
    Two things I laughed at with the winning goal was Keatings running the opposite direction from Gray and the other players because it just happened to be the way he was facing as the goal went in.
    The other was when Gray ran to the fans, another player (not sure who) used one of the policeman's shoulders to jump into the celebration, the policeman doesn't bat an eye and just calmly re-adjusts his hat.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

I thought that police officer was absolute class. Took it completely in his stride.

I couldn't hear the whistle, Henderson tearing away towards the south was the moment I realised we had won the scottish cup which I'll always remember now

Quote Originally Posted by TAHibby View Post
    I couldn't hear the whistle, Henderson tearing away towards the south was the moment I realised we had won the scottish cup which I'll always remember now
    It was McGinn picking the ball up that made me realise. I'm thinking, "wtf is he doing? that'll give away a free kick". D'oh! Then it dawned on me ...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Great video by craigfowler86 on Twitter - can someone post it please on here?

Shows the goal from the press box and the fans going wild.

on his feed here

https://twitter.com/search?q=craigfo...ypd&lang=en-gb

check the greetin faces on the other "reporters" in the press box when it goes in.

Tavernier moaning to the official behind the goal seconds after the equaliser.

If that was the old club the ref would probably have disallowed it.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here, I'm a Wycombe fan with a love of Scottish football and a particular soft spot for Hibs.

Firstly, a huge 'congratulations!' to you all (though that word doesn't really so it justice, I guess). I honestly can't imagine how it must have felt given the history and all but watching the footage from the game and the parade even makes me a little emotional!

Wanted to to draw your attention to my favourite bit from the match highlights: when Gray goes to celebrate with the crowd, there's a lad wearing a white/grey t-shirt and you can see the exact moment when he goes from wild celebration to realising what this really means and clutches his face with the emotion of it all. That, my friends, is the essence of what football can do to you - amazing!

Promised myself that I'll get to Easter Road next season, sometime on the march to the title!

First Team Regular
    There's a great bit at the equaliser when the little girl hugs her dad - she knows what it's all about.

On the subject of grabbing: it's a miracle gray does get free to score because at every other corner the Rangers defenders took out the attaching players. In fact when miller hits the bar they do it in the attacking box as well. The reason he is in so much space is that the defenders are all taken out.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarters View Post
    Hope you don't mind me jumping in here, I'm a Wycombe fan with a love of Scottish football and a particular soft spot for Hibs.

Firstly, a huge 'congratulations!' to you all (though that word doesn't really so it justice, I guess). I honestly can't imagine how it must have felt given the history and all but watching the footage from the game and the parade even makes me a little emotional!

Wanted to to draw your attention to my favourite bit from the match highlights: when Gray goes to celebrate with the crowd, there's a lad wearing a white/grey t-shirt and you can see the exact moment when he goes from wild celebration to realising what this really means and clutches his face with the emotion of it all. That, my friends, is the essence of what football can do to you - amazing!

Promised myself that I'll get to Easter Road next season, sometime on the march to the title!
    Is that you robert?

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    on his feed here

https://twitter.com/search?q=craigfo...ypd&lang=en-gb

check the greetin faces on the other "reporters" in the press box when it goes in.
    Thanks

Anyway to get that on YouTube ?