hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Steven McLean

Steven McLean

After the shambolic refereeing we've suffered recently, I thought he had a very good game.

Thought it was worth a thread as refs only tend to get a mention when things have gone wrong.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Promising Youngster BoltonHibernian's Avatar
    I honestly thought he had a bad game. Gave us barely anything and couldn't wait to blow his whistle for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Hmm thought he gave them every 50/50 to be honest. No major game changing moments which is about as good as we can expect IMO.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmm thought he gave them every 50/50 to be honest. No major game changing moments which is about as good as we can expect IMO.
    Very good advantage for our first goal.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Very good advantage for our first goal.
    Not so sure about very good good seemed a relatively simple decision to make.

He gave us that free kick right at the death when it looked an obvious Rangers free kick that they would've ended up thumping into the box.

Good guy, imo

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Not so sure about very good good seemed a relatively simple decision to make.
    Probably mate but i think today of all days we can give the ref a bit credit!

First Team Breakthrough
    I think the fact that there is not much to say about him suggests he had a good game. No controversial decisions either way. And allowed the game to flow rather than stopping for every infringement.

Lewis did appear to have a wee push in the box and he could have given a pen

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Not the worst but I was left scratching my head at some of the tackles from The Them deemed ok and similar tackles on them blown for a free kick. The stats will show we caused more fouls in the game. That said, The Fat Messi's dive in the second half wasn't given - although neither was he carded for diving.

Watched the whole of the aftermath from the beeb transition last night. Mentioned once for having a good game. Probably right on balance.

Agree that McLean had a good game and even contributed to what was a good match by being willing to let play continue rather than blowing at every opportunity.

Very nice feeling to know that we won a good game of football fair and square rather than having it handed to us by a biased referee.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.