hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Regular Hibernian blade's Avatar

I Cannot Find The Words To Make A Title Such Is My Pride

In 1971 I started supporting both Hibs and Sheffield United. My football life since then has been pretty grim. I have seen The Hibees fail at the national stadium three times and The Blades four times in fact until today this has been one of my worst seasons of football ever
    I am 53 and have never had anything to celebrate. OK the odd promotion, the league cup, but this... well this is a real cup.
    I didn't go today, to be honest I was afraid to see another defeat. After three minutes I was starting to regret being sat back here in Sheffield. By the 80th minute I was glad I had made the "right decision" not to travel.
    Well, not going will now haunt me forever C'est la vie.
    At around 4:50 today for all the right reasons I burst into tears in front of the TV, I actually blubbered,laughed,punched the air, swore words of disbelief and then I blubbered some more. I felt such a huge surge of relief and emotion I have never felt before. My good lady also cried. She cried for me (she has no interest in football) and knew what this meant to me.
    I have tears in my eyes now I feel so proud,so happy and for once so lucky to be a Hibee.
    Oh and I have just checked on Wikipedia and we definitely did win the Scottish Cup today
    GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Great words. So pleased for everyone involved in any way with hibs. Rollercoaster doesn't do it justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian blade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In 1971 I started supporting both Hibs and Sheffield United. My football life since then has been pretty grim. I have seen The Hibees fail at the national stadium three times and The Blades four times in fact until today this has been one of my worst seasons of football ever
    I am 53 and have never had anything to celebrate. OK the odd promotion, the league cup, but this... well this is a real cup.
    I didn't go today, to be honest I was afraid to see another defeat. After three minutes I was starting to regret being sat back here in Sheffield. By the 80th minute I was glad I had made the "right decision" not to travel.
    At around 4:50 today for all the right reasons I burst into tears in front of the TV, I actually blubbered,laughed,punched the air, swore words of disbelief and then I blubbered some more. I felt such a huge surge of relief and emotion I have never felt before. My good lady also cried. She cried for me (she has no interest in football) and knew what this meant to me.
    I have tears in my eyes now I feel so proud,so happy and for once so lucky to be a Hibee.
    Oh and I have just checked on Wikipedia and we definitely did win the Scottish Cup today
    GGTTH
    That you, R?
    This is how it feels

Enjoy tonight, we have won the Scottish cup. Nobody can EVER take that away from us

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    That you, R?
    Yes I'm back !
    Glory Hunting ......

GGTTH
    I watched in rotherham and my wife also started blubbering, I think she also knew what it meant to me.
    Last edited by rotherhamrob; 21-05-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Well said the OP.
    I was lucky enough to be there and like you gret, blubbered, cried, sobbed for at least an hour from 4:50 onwards. Meant so much to me and I thought if my late Dad who sadly couldn't be there to witness it with me.

A great day and if nothing else good happens to me in my remaining lifetime, I'll always have this day to look back on.

Quote Originally Posted by rotherhamrob View Post
    I watched in rotherham and my wife also started blabbing, I think she also knew what it meant to me.
    Ha ha you should have joined me,I'm in Rovrum these days. Fantastic Day !!

Yes I'm back !
    Glory Hunting ......
    Superb! Don't be a stranger mate. You're part of the Hibernian family
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Superb! Don't be a stranger mate. You're part of the Hibernian family
    Bless you, kind words. I always look in , I just never seem to post.
    But we all have to a few words today

GGTTH
    You were there... we were all there together from the past and into the future... we passed your shouts of encouragement onto the pitch for you... you were there

Quote Originally Posted by el hibs View Post
    You were there... we were all there together from the past and into the future... we passed your shouts of encouragement onto the pitch for you... you were there
    Fantastic words

Honestly felt like we had the whole hibee army past no present with us. Even to the point were the drummer from section 43 boys had the whole 22k staying quiet and singing when he directed it. Only herd the bigots after they went into the lead.

Outstanding today Hibees.

@hibs.net private member BenjiOscar's Avatar
    GGTTH
    Great post. So good that people are posting from the heart at the moment, Hibs.net is brilliant tonight.

I had a greet too. I think most of us did

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kaiser View Post
    I had a greet too. I think most of us did
    X2

Ha ha you should have joined me,I'm in Rovrum these days. Fantastic Day !!
    Yer not kidding, it's a day that will never be beaten, made even better by the fact my best pal is a gers fan ha ha.