hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: 1979 v Rangers

1979 v Rangers

My dad has often mentioned this final when it went replays in them days and how we were denied a stonewall penalty in one of the replays - don't know which one. I would just like to say to all the fans who witnessed that and all those who witnessed today - take it in and have a wonderful weekend. GGTTH always.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Stonewaller. Colin Campbell brought down in box minutes before end of second game, I think. But this was in the days when the men n black were personally trained at Ibrox. Thought ref today did a good enough job, especially in not dragging on the time after the third goal. Many would have given them 3 or 4 more minutes.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Campbell's stonewaller was about 4:40 on the Saturday of the first game. There should have been no need for any replay.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Campbell's stonewaller was about 4:40 on the Saturday of the first game. There should have been no need for any replay.
    First game

First Team Breakthrough Risboro Hibby's Avatar
    Yes I was there 23 years old stone wall penalty and today was payback day

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Plus McCloy should've been sent off for his outrageous 'tackle' on Campbell - he made no attempt whatsoever to get the Ball, he was only concerned with taking Campbell out !!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    And there was more violence and mayhem than you could possibly imagine. Doesn't make today's events acceptable though.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Plus McCloy should've been sent off for his outrageous 'tackle' on Campbell - he made no attempt whatsoever to get the Ball, he was only concerned with taking Campbell out !!
    Keepers got away with it in those days...