hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unofficial Cup Final Day - Whats everybody doing thread?

These threads are so silly but I love them on cup final day So come on then, what you doing? whats your cup final breakfast? any pre match cup final superstitions? lucky atire? etc etc

To hell with it, alarm isn't supposed to go offer for another hour and a half but i'm sitting here wide awake absolutely raring to go! Its cup final day

WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC

2. Log in to remove the advert

On my way to Heathrow for my flight now. Absolutely buzzing.

This is our year. Let's do this for all the ones who have gone but never forgotten.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Just about to take my dog, Cabbage, down to Cramond for an hour, then back home, shower, dressed, and up to Longstone for the bus leaving at 9-30.

'Mon the Hibs!!!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    About To head to the golf course to undoubtedly inflict yet more pain onto myself. Let's hope my misery turns to happiness this afternoon.

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckySeven7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These threads are so silly but I love them on cup final day So come on then, what you doing? whats your cup final breakfast? any pre match cup final superstitions? lucky atire? etc etc

To hell with it, alarm isn't supposed to go offer for another hour and a half but i'm sitting here wide awake absolutely raring to go! Its cup final day

WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC
    Just hame fae work, (i'm in London), gonna try sleep for a few hours, got my purple away strip on already.. Last time I wore it was the Mickey Mouse cup final, but it's no a jinx!!! Mon Hibs it's time!!!

Just up.

About to go for a shower and will get the Hibs tunes blaring and then triple check I have everything (tickets, bus signs, flag, portable phone charger etc). Jaunt along to ER stopping for a roll and coffee on the way. Through to Glasgow, few pints to try and relax and then the rest of the day is in the hands of Stubbs and the players; either a party like no other or home for the end of the FA Cup final.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Away to have breakfast (bacon softie, gin and tonic) before getting the train down.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Hardly slept. Up for some breakfast. Alloa Hibs bus leaves at 9:15 but the laddie is playing football at Stenhousemuir at 10 so we are off there first. He gets showered at his cousins house,all Falkirk ST holders😣, then the Mrs is driving us to Hutchesontown bowling club to meet up with the rest of the Alloa boys and girls. Get there about 12ish. Might not have a drink today until after the match,hopefully celebrating like a complete madman.

Left by mutual consent! Lex7zero's Avatar
    Lying in my bed in Florida at 2 30 over here listening to my wife snoring and absolutely no chance of getting back to sleep. First cup final I have missed for 50 years but will hide behind the couch and watch it on Hibs TV after an early morning couple of beers to dull the pain. No expectations at all but hoping more than ever that me not being there will enable my kids and mates to witness us winning what we deserve for once!!!! Please Hibs don't bottle it yet again is all I ask.

Sitting in sunny Madeira awaiting k.o....Irish boozer sorted! GGTTH!!

Testimonial Due
    Lying on the sofa reading .net 😎

9yo nipping ma heid asking if it's time to go yet.

Off to bed. Awake at 6:30 LA time (2:30pm UK) and turn on Hibs TV. Can't wait for this one!

Got Butterflies so haven't had breakfast yet, but heading over to Eyemouth first for my sons football then heading to Hampden from there 👍

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    I'm going to watch my son's football match which will be ideal as I don't have the energy to get too excited too early!

Off to get train to South Gyle to get bus to Hampden at 9:30.

Sitting in the last few mins of Sunshine in my back garden in Ratho. Birds are singing, blossom on the fruit trees andmug of breakfast tea in hand, To be a Hibee on cup final day is good.

First Team Breakthrough
    A big bag of nervous energy ,going to run up to Dunfermline park run to burn some off , home for bacon rolls and a quick prayer to the Angels high above. Brown cords for me just in case we are 1-0 up with 5 mins to go

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Sitting watching paw patrol with the laddie, i have such exciting saturday mornings!! Bus doesnt leave until later this morning

First Team Breakthrough Frank Moon's Avatar
    Just left Dunfermline Queen Margaret On route to Busby bowling club to meet up with a bus load. No Hibbies on the train though.

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    Sitting watching paw patrol with the laddie, i have such exciting saturday mornings!! Bus doesnt leave until later this morning
    Chase is my fav! Although I have a soft spot for Rubble!

Edit.. I'm watching it myself! 👀

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quiet start to the day for me as the Mrs is working and oldest son is at my folks. Just me and the wee dude having breakfast. As I'm not going to the game I'm feeling more relaxed than usual, I'll take a stroll down to Scotmid later and get the supplies in to prepare for an afternoon in front of the TV, hopefully witnessing history being made.

Unofficial Cup Final Day - Whats everybody doing thread?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySeven7 View Post

WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC
    You beat me to it Lucky Seven Hope this is an Omen This is my Seventh Scottish Cup Final Seven is my lucky number
    Am not going to do my ramble
    Running late already but a day out with the family and our second major Cup Final of the Season Not may teams will experience that and certainly not a Championship Club
    So Moan The Hibs
    The Leith Motto is Persevere and thats what we will do till we win the Scottish
    Cup Will it be today?

Streets of Dreams Streets of Pride
    Streets where we have lived and Died
    Your song is sung but yet untold
    HIBERNIAN secrets that you hold

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Missing my first Scottish Cup Final today at a friends wedding in Sussex this afternoon. (Obviously sporting my Hibs Tartan tie and Hibs cuff links).

I'm hoping me not being there is the change of luck Hibs need.
    Will gladly miss out if it means us winning the damn thing.

**** you!

2016 - That's the year to remember.

My youngest lad last night couldn't get to sleep, went to find out what was up, he said he was "Too excited thinking about the Hibs Final tomorrow". Almost made me greet. He's only 5. That's my boy!

GGTTH!

J

Left by mutual consent!
    well I'm still in bed. After meeting haagsenhibby yesterday and purchased a ticket at face value for todays game, I picked up some good stuff.

Then went a walk round (twice) and up arthurs seat where I looked onto easter road stadium imaging it packed out in full swing celebrating the cup win. Visualising the after party, willing it to happen.

Today once I get up, give myself a cup final hair cut, breakfast for a king, wheetabix, blueberries and chopped banana. Followed by some scrambled eggs and a few cups of tea.

After that ill walkin down into town to stick a bet on Hibs to win both teams to score, then catch the train from Bathgate to Glasgow, where ill get a pint or two then weather depending, ill walk from central station to Hampden.

Hopefully dreams come true once at the game!

Just met Pat Stanton. Wow.

On the train. Few Hibees on too.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Lots of Hibs tops/colours around the city centre.

Looking forward to travelling through and seeing all the fans and buses / cars / limos etc.

Going to be a mental day !

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Just met Pat Stanton. Wow.
    Where abouts?

Amazing mate!

Had a winner of a fry up before leaving at 9. Just passing Lancaster on the M6 and the whisky is going down nicely. Keep an eye out for the Leigh Hibs flag at the bottom of G3/G4.

Oh and in true match day thread fashion (excuse the pun), Calor Gas home shirt, Hibs tartan scarf, jeans and green Gazelles.

#WearGreen