hibs.net Messageboard

Flower of Scotland

Would just love to sing it tomorrow. No reason at all than 21,000 hibees loving the fact we're scottish well most of us, proud and up for the Scottish Cup Final

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would just love to sing it tomorrow. No reason at all than 21,000 hibees loving the fact we're scottish well most of us, proud and up for the Scottish Cup Final
    Seem to recall singing it when the huns launched into GSTQ before...canny remember when this occurred but I do remember it.

I do enjoy a good rendition of FOS but, not quite sure where it fits in tomorrow.

Plenty Hibs songs to fill our lungs with and belt out

I like to think of masel as a proud Scotsman but really really no keen on yon FOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    Seem to recall singing it when the huns launched into GSTQ before...canny remember when this occurred but I do remember it.

I do enjoy a good rendition of FOS but, not quite sure where it fits in tomorrow.

Aw there'll be hibs songs a plenty but perhaps getting this started when they start there GSTQ guff i reckon. Would bring a tear to my eye.

Always been slightly envious of our pals down the road when watching 90k fans in Wembley stand together to belt out the national anthem ahead of the national cup final which in my opinion is the biggest fixture and the centre piece of a country's national sport

It a horrendous backward looking dirge. Hibs songs for me.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Absolutely not. Its a trite dirge.

First Team Breakthrough Green-Hibee-7's Avatar
    In the nicest possible way, nah it's a cringe.

It's got a place, at a Scotland game. Not for Hibs.

We sung it at ibrox against them in that diddy cup and whilst maybe funny/relevant given the referendum I still found myself a wee bit uncomfortable hearing Hibs fans singing that at a Hibs game.

Each to their own but for me nah.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

We sang it to them at a midweek game a few years ago, followed by a chant of "We're not sectarian" - never seen them so annoyed. We should definitely do it again.

Rugby crap

You won't find anyone more patriotic than me, but this is a Hibs day, so Hibs songs only.

Won't give a flying what the Huns sing.

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Rugby crap
    This.

Just an idea guys. Personally would love to see it and if it pisses that lot off. Id sing it 90 minutes

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Miller era when they signed the high-profile Engs who were missing out on European football post Heysel... Interspersed with "what a waste of money"
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    We sang it to them at a midweek game a few years ago, followed by a chant of "We're not sectarian" - never seen them so annoyed. We should definitely do it again.
    Thats right

It truly pissed them RIGHT off.....almost as much as us singing "Weeearrrrrraaaapeeeepulll" followed by "We shall not be moved"

Actually, anything that pisses them off is goof with me. The ultimate being to slap one more goal past them than they slap past us and watch them all shuffling out like cavemen back to Ibrox/the rest of Scotland like the glory hunting bassas they are.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Absolutely not. Its a trite dirge.
    So is "Sunshine on Leith".

The only difference is that one is our national anthem and the other is our unofficial club anthem. I wouldn't want to listen to either of them outwith that setting.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    Nah nae flower of Scotland for me!

Hibs songs only, not wanting a nationalist element to our support.

55% of folk would be taking the piss if they joined in! :-)

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    55% of folk would be taking the piss if they joined in! :-)
    What a ridiculous post. I'm a proud Scot but a no voter. Not sure why you'd post such divisive drivel.

Why would we sing FOS at a Hibs game? As for singing the national anthem I'm dammed sure I'd not be singing GSQ either. Let's just support our club

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    What a ridiculous post. I'm a proud Scot but a no voter. Not sure why you'd post such divisive drivel.

Why would we sing FOS at a Hibs game? As for singing the national anthem I'm dammed sure I'd not be singing GSQ either. Let's just support our club
    This. Whether or not you're joining in with their ***** ironically or not you're still being a part of it.

Let's just show that we're the classier support and don't have to resort to their levels at the other end.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Clearly a joke, settle

Tee Hee! take it you boys missed the smilie? Couple of heavyweights landed, we're gonna need a bigger boat! :-)

No proud Scot would vote to see the continued domination of their country by another country but this argument is for another day.

I agree, TFOS is an anti English dirge. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    No proud Scot would vote to see the continued domination of their country by another country but this argument is for another day.
    I see no difference between the EU and the UK in that respect.

Anyway, regardless of politics we're all united this afternoon
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.