hibs.net Messageboard

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for that Billy, 2 interesting interviews. Personally, and it's just my opinion, I don't agree with Stubbs that all 4 league games between the 2 teams have been close, but I can appreciate that he's trying to keep the team motivated, etc. I realize a lot of people might disagree, but I think Warburton does interviews the right way. Says what he has to and that's it. Stubbs always seems to say more than he needs to, but he is pretty new to the game still. Interesting at the end when the interviewer asked him about his future and that of some of the players, apparently he's already looking at players to bring in. Still not sure if he'll be at ER next season though, even despite that.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Thanks for that Billy, 2 interesting interviews. Personally, and it's just my opinion, I don't agree with Stubbs that all 4 league games between the 2 teams have been close, but I can appreciate that he's trying to keep the team motivated, etc. I realize a lot of people might disagree, but I think Warburton does interviews the right way. Says what he has to and that's it. Stubbs always seems to say more than he needs to, but he is pretty new to the game still. Interesting at the end when the interviewer asked him about his future and that of some of the players, apparently he's already looking at players to bring in. Still not sure if he'll be at ER next season though, even despite that.
    Which game wasn't close? Even the 4-2 game was 3-2 with minutes to go and them down to 10.

A) you could argue that warberrespectfullysmug is newer to the game than Stubbsy
    B) warberrespectfullysmug is a grade a plum
    C) GGTTH

PS - having now watched, AS looks miserable, swollowed some pride me thinks.

Low key from Stubbs but he's had a rough week, not just football related.

I am sure everything will be fine on the day.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Low key from Stubbs but he's had a rough week, not just football related.

I am sure everything will be fine on the day.
    There has been a lot of chat about how Stubbs lift the players after last week. I think there is different ways of going about it though, If it was just about putting a smile on their face and getting them laughing again he'd just employ a comedian. IMO a somber, serious, low key and determined week training would be more beneficial than a jovial weeks build up.

Long term there's obviously a balance to be had but short term a more serious, intense week may just be the best motivation the players could get.

They'll be champing at the bit on Saturday.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    A) you could argue that warberrespectfullysmug is newer to the game than Stubbsy
    C) GGTTH
    Warburton is also a winner, Stubbs yet to prove himself and it tends to show in the interview.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    C) GGTTH
    I actually like Warburton, speaks a good game and is a very good manager. Dont know why he went to them right enough

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Warburton is also a winner, Stubbs yet to prove himself and it tends to show in the interview.
    Warburton has 2 promotions and 1 diddy cup as a manager. Stubbs has 2 promotions and 4 major trophy wins as a player. How is Warburton a ''winner'' and how is Stubbs not a ''winner''?

The two games at Ibrox were pretty close. We deserved something from the first game and it was a travesty that we lost. The second match was a poor display by us but we took the lead in that game and then got it back to 3-2 with just a few minutes remaining and then they scored a fourth when we were pressing for an equaliser.

Unfortunately, it's what happened after that game which has really impacted our season.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Take it that's predictive text and it should have read he is also a wa*ker
    Last edited by Kojock; 19-05-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Warburton has 2 promotions and 1 diddy cup as a manager. Stubbs has 2 promotions and 4 major trophy wins as a player. How is Warburton a ''winner'' and how is Stubbs not a ''winner''?
    Nice one, a politicians answer, as a manager Stubbs has achieved the square root of f*** all. Stood still over 2 seasons.
    Saturday last chance saloon.
    Try comparing apples with apples rather than pears.
    Last edited by Lago; 19-05-2016 at 08:27 PM.