hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Staying safe in Glasgow on Saturday

Given that we are playing the only Scottish team with a minority of fans liable to be aggressive towards us, in their home city, what security arrangements are going to be in place? Will be heading early into Glasgow on Saturday but considering not wearing club colours, which would be a real shame considering the importance of the game.

Assuming Hibs fans will be stewarded towards the King's Park line with Rangers at Mount Florida, but even then fans will be in close proximity at Central.
    Last edited by Diclonius; 15-05-2016 at 11:13 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given that we are playing the only Scottish team with a minority of fans liable to be aggressive towards us, in their home city, what are security arrangements are going to be in place? Will be heading early into Glasgow on Saturday but considering not wearing club colours, which would be a real shame considering the importance of the game.

Assuming Hibs fans will be stewarded towards the King's Park line with Rangers at Mount Florida, but even then fans will be in close proximity at Central.

**** these radges, wear your club colours with pride mate.

Given that we are playing the only Scottish team with a minority of fans liable to be aggressive towards us, in their home city, what are security arrangements are going to be in place? Will be heading early into Glasgow on Saturday but considering not wearing club colours, which would be a real shame considering the importance of the game.

In 2012 , I stayed in Glasgow the night before the match and hardly saw a Hearts fan before the match . There was a massive police presence and suppose it`ll be the same this time . Works at Queen Street Station make situation more unpredictable . Why don`t ScotRail put on direct trains from Edinburgh to Kings Park? They used to at big matches .

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    #WearGreen

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    In 2012 , I stayed in Glasgow the night before the match and hardly saw a Hearts fan before the match . There was a massive police presence and suppose it`ll be the same this time . Works at Queen Street Station make situation more unpredictable . Why don`t ScotRail put on direct trains from Edinburgh to Kings Park? They used to at big matches .
    Makes no difference in my case, will be coming from Falkirk High which is always heaving with Huns.

Thinking about getting the train which used to be waverley to one Glasgow station followed by a walk to another station where you get the train to mount florida. Not looking forward to it as I don't know what percentage of them will be huns and I don't fancy being spat on, abused or any of that.

Might just get the train in with a few cans, find a friendly pub, get leathered and just wing it for the rest of the day.

Makes no difference in my case, will be coming from Falkirk High which is always heaving with Huns.
    I probably won`t be coming from Edinburgh either but would help a lot of fans .

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    #WearGreen

#WearGreen

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    There are many reasons why ScotRail can't/won't do this. I'm not going to list them all though. Take it from me this can't happen.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    ****** the vermin and wear the green and white with pride. There will be 21,000 alongside you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in west end of Glasgow and will be wearing green on Saturday.

Like most supports they have a minority that will look to cause trouble but we also have that section within our own support that will be looking for the same. Fingers crossed they find each other away from the rest of the football fans that want to have a good time at the football.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

First Team Regular
    Was hoping to get the train through, but now looks like I'll have to drive as my son has a match at Warriston in the morning. Anybody have any suggestions for safe, easy parking near Hampden?

Quote Originally Posted by positive pete View Post
    Thinking about getting the train which used to be waverley to one Glasgow station followed by a walk to another station where you get the train to mount florida. Not looking forward to it as I don't know what percentage of them will be huns and I don't fancy being spat on, abused or any of that.

Might just get the train in with a few cans, find a friendly pub, get leathered and just wing it for the rest of the day.
    Trains are incredibly likely to be dry.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamson85 View Post
    I live in west end of Glasgow and will be wearing green on Saturday.

Like most supports they have a minority that will look to cause trouble but we also have that section within our own support that will be looking for the same. Fingers crossed they find each other away from the rest of the football fans that want to have a good time at the football.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Good on ya mate...always wear our colours with pride, let the numpties fight!

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    #WearGreen
    🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Don't see why you can't wear your colours. Hibs fans are just as likely to misbehave as them. I can't remember the las time I saw trouble at football.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Take a scarf and jacket so you can cover up, best way to go about it it if you've any reason to worry. Planning on getting the train through from Lithgae which will be Hun central as well.

I'll be wearing my newly purchased 80's replica and may even take the Erin go Bragh flag of my lads bedroom wall and rap it it round me. **** them. Hibs for the cup.

I think people are missing the point. This ain't like any normal visit to ibrox when 40k of them are at the game and in and around the stadium. There will be thousands of them in the city centre to watch the game in the bars and clubs. I'm not just talking about guys who go to their games but also all the hangers on and glory hunters who'll be out to watch it cause its a cup final. They won't be out to cause trouble and I don't expect much before the game but after we win and given they've been in the pub all day, getting back could be a bit dodgy. Don't think different trains will make much difference either. Remember coming back from playing Ayr and there being a lot of trouble in central station with rangers fans who were either waiting for us or on their way back from their game (point being, we were obviously not on the same trains that day).

#weargreen

Its a sad state of affairs that this thread even has to exist in this day and age. If you really do feel its not safe to wear colours on the way to the game its easy enough to buy an over priced scarf or flag outside the ground when you get there.

Left by mutual consent!
    Given that we are playing the only Scottish team with a minority of fans liable to be aggressive towards us, in their home city, what security arrangements are going to be in place? Will be heading early into Glasgow on Saturday but considering not wearing club colours, which would be a real shame considering the importance of the game.

If they can handle old firm games then there's no need to worry about this one.

If coming from Falkirk like myself better going Grahamston to Larbert and getting on train from Alloa to Queen Street less hassle and less crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    #WearGreen
    #weargreen !

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    Was hoping to get the train through, but now looks like I'll have to drive as my son has a match at Warriston in the morning. Anybody have any suggestions for safe, easy parking near Hampden?
    I will be coming by car as well. I read on another thread somewhere that the area around Allison St was a good place to park for free and allows reasonably quick access to M73/M8 afterwards.

Can anybody else confirm this/

I have had a look on Google streetmap and it looks ok.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Trains are incredibly likely to be dry.
    Not seen anything official yet but t would be amazed if there wasn't an alcohol ban on and probably no group save tickets on sale

Absolutely no chance you will be allowed alcohol on the trains.

It was banned for the Ross County final and this game is obviously far more likely to result in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by BH Hibs View Post
    Not seen anything official yet but t would be amazed if there wasn't an alcohol ban on and probably no group save tickets on sale
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post

It was banned for the Ross County final and this game is obviously far more likely to result in trouble.

Correct on both comments. Alcohol ban information posters generally appear 72 hours before the event. Group save tickets always withdrawn for things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post

absolutely no chance they can police it other than at waverley... the trains are rammed and no conductor walking up and down... we had a few cans on the way through to RC game (got on at bathgate)

The trains will have Police on them I would be fairly certain of that. Lets face it the chance of any bother occuring at the Ross Country game was virtually none whereas this match is probably at highest level the other way (in Scotland anyway).

If you are sly and have a bottle of coke or similar with something in it you will get away with it but I doubt you will get away with sitting sinking tinnies.