hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

Do we still need Fan Reps on the board, or should an independent voice be heard?

We are entering what is a critical time for our club, regardless of next weeks outcome, and I just wonder if the time is maybe right to mobilise a fans pressure group in order to be a voice to continue reminding the board of our expectations/concerns for the new season and going forward.
    I thought the fans reps was a great initiative, but with the benifit of hindsight I feel an independent voice might be better in giving us a stronger platform. This is in no way criticism of Frank or Amit, more about the role they have been given being a bit different to the roles I thought they might have had.
    We need to be heard, and a more public voice with no association to the club might be just that bit a stronger voice. We all want our club back where it should be, and we should never accept lower league status.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are entering what is a critical time for our club, regardless of next weeks outcome, and I just wonder if the time is maybe right to mobilise a fans pressure group in order to be a voice to continue reminding the board of our expectations/concerns for the new season and going forward.
    I thought the fans reps was a great initiative, but with the benifit of hindsight I feel an independent voice might be better in giving us a stronger platform. This is in no way criticism of Frank or Amit, more about the role they have been given being a bit different to the roles I thought they might have had.
    We need to be heard, and a more public voice with no association to the club might be just that bit a stronger voice. We all want our club back where it should be, and we should never accept lower league status.
    The fans would be on the outside then, without any real influence over the decision makers, beyond shouting "Stubbs Out" with a few placards or whatever.

An how would this independent voice make itself heard? Through a "Mike Reilly, Hibernian Supporters representative" style figurehead? (Not a criticism of Mr Reilly whom I've never met by the way)

I would fear any organised fans pressure group would be founded and start with all the right intentions but before long splinter into a "People's Front of Judea" style mess.

Time for change from Top to Bottom. Nothing anounced from the Club, no apologies, nothing, silence is deafening.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    The fans would be on the outside then, without any real influence over the decision makers, beyond shouting "Stubbs Out" with a few placards or whatever.

An how would this independent voice make itself heard? Through a "Mike Reilly, Hibernian Supporters representative" style figurehead? (Not a criticism of Mr Reilly whom I've never met by the way)

I would fear any organised fans pressure group would be founded and start with all the right intentions but before long splinter into a "People's Front of Judea" style mess.
    That would not be conducive, I agree. I was just wondering what other fans thoughts were on the subject. The silence after our treatment at Ibrox concerned me somewhat, and made me question if our voice in the boardroom was as strong as what we would have expected, and whether or not Frank and Amit were given enough airtime in the boardroom to represent us, or whether going independently would be more fruitful.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Time for change from Top to Bottom. Nothing anounced from the Club, no apologies, nothing, silence is deafening.....

What do you want them to say?

I think that the necessary apology should wait until after the Cup final, regardless of whether we win or lose that game.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Something that might give us some encouragement that our quest to win the league next season will be a serious one. Failure to win promotion next season can't be contemplated.

They will no doubt come out and tell us that everybody at the club is hurting as much as the fans. Which is crap.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Has anyone any idea of what the fans reps have actually achieved?

Aside from a statement from Frank and a couple of posts from Amit, communications has been practically zilch. Maybe I've just not been listening though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    That Failure to get promoted is not acceptable. The Club has failed totally......

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    They will no doubt come out and tell us that everybody at the club is hurting as much as the fans. Which is crap.
    LD said that after 3 months in role after defeat to Alloa. Patronising rubbish, the fans pay money, kick every ball, and hurt beyond description

That's a good observation. The Club could and should Have issued a short statement after last nights devestating defeat. Our no 1 goal was to get promoted and we've just failed miserably. The fans who have stuck with them throughout this horrible campaign deserve that at least. LD should have had this sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Has anyone any idea of what the fans reps have actually achieved?

Aside from a statement from Frank and a couple of posts from Amit, communications has been practically zilch. Maybe I've just not been listening though.
    A lot of hard work behind the scenes, but do they really represent us? Frank hurts like hell, goes to every game, must be hard to be pragmatic at board meetings

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    That's a good observation. The Club could and should Have issued a short statement after last nights devestating defeat. Our no 1 goal was to get promoted and we've just failed miserably. The fans who have stuck with them throughout this horrible campaign deserve that at least. LD should have had this sorted.
    Shows how much importance the fans are thought of.....Probably get the begging letters soon, saying our Club needs you

A lot of hard work behind the scenes, but do they really represent us? Frank hurts like hell, goes to every game, must be hard to be pragmatic at board meetings
    Frank was sat a couple of rows behind me - the man looked shattered.

Frank was sat a couple of rows behind me - the man looked shattered.
    He is, the role has taken it's toll on him. A real Hibs man, who is devastated at proceedings

@hibs.net private member
    How is an apology from Hibs going to help? We need our reps on the board to communicate better with us.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    That Failure to get promoted is not acceptable. The Club has failed totally......
    It has BF, but let's wait until after the Cup Final, need the club and the players to focus 100% on next Saturday

LD said that after 3 months in role after defeat to Alloa. Patronising rubbish, the fans pay money, kick every ball, and hurt beyond description
    Spot on.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Im sorry but what would that achieve? A statement from the club to say we have failed....the manager and players have let the club down....but lets get behind them for the scottish cup final??? Id be raging if the club released a statement like that. Lets wait til after saturday and they can release as many statements as they want, blame whoever they want.

The failure to get promoted wouldn't be so bad if we had actually given it a real good go.

In 2 seasons we haven't laid a glove on the eventual league winners and never even got as far as a play off final. Our total collapse in the latter part of this season forced an extra 2 games on a squad that was absolutely shattered anyway. We have regressed this year, and given the credit Stubbs got for coaxing something out the mess he inherited, that's unacceptable. He had a whole season and a pre season to prepare this year and we were, like last year, miles off being promoted.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Exactly.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

If the fans want to be more involved, why not Join HSL. Once HSL get to 20%, they are entitled to a seat on the board.
    Right now we are only at 1500 members. There is plenty of room to grow if everyone gets behind the scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If the fans want to be more involved, why not Join HSL. Once HSL get to 20%, they are entitled to a seat on the board.
    Right now we are only at 1500 members. There is plenty of room to grow if everyone gets behind the scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HSL Board members don't inspire me one jot........What difference do you think they would make to Board?

Coaching Staff
    Frank and Amit didn't play against Falkirk so it's no their fault we got beat by them.

However there is no doubt that the 'Grand Plan' Plan, whatever it is, is in tatters and apart from cost cutting measures that will have to be introduced, it needs revisiting.

The time to do that is at the end of the season, after the cup final we need to review what went right, and what didn't and seek improvements.

Otherwise we'll never get out of this league.

Every bit of feedback that fans want represented at Board level has been done so. I can assure you of that. I write a board report every month which is debated and discussed with Myself and Frank being pretty active in that sense.

Yesterday was brutal, just brutal. Going from the high of the day for me which was seeing the happy and cheerful faces in the concourse at half time singing the JK song to defeat and failure to get promoted is just brutal. It really is...

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Every bit of feedback that fans want represented at Board level has been done so. I can assure you of that. I write a board report every month which is debated and discussed with Myself and Frank being pretty active in that sense.

Yesterday was brutal, just brutal. Going from the high of the day for me which was seeing the happy and cheerful faces in the concourse at half time singing the JK song to defeat and failure to get promoted is just brutal. It really is...
    I just want to make clear that the point of this thread was in no way a criticism of either yourself or Frank, but to query about how much of a voice we the fans have, and whether the continuation of fans reps on the board is the best way to achieve that, or if an independent body would be better.
    Thanks for your reply, and while it is good to hear that supporters concerns do get raised in the boardroom, we don't tend to hear too much about it. Whether that is down to confidentiality I'm nor sure. My concerns are that we are now in one of the most critical periods in our club's history, and one which could determine what path our clubs goes down in the future. We all want to be back in the top flight, of course we do, but during this period it is absolutely essential that the fans have a strong voice and influence.

I just want to make clear that the point of this thread was in no way a criticism of either yourself or Frank, but to query about how much of a voice we the fans have, and whether the continuation of fans reps on the board is the best way to achieve that, or if an independent body would be better.
    Thanks for your reply, and while it is good to hear that supporters concerns do get raised in the boardroom, we don't tend to hear too much about it. Whether that is down to confidentiality I'm nor sure. My concerns are that we are now in one of the most critical periods in our club's history, and one which could determine what path our clubs goes down in the future. We all want to be back in the top flight, of course we do, but during this period it is absolutely essential that the fans have a strong voice and influence.
    I wholeheartedly agree with your point and all the hurt and comments from the fall out of yesterday won't fall on deaf ears, I can assure you of that.

HSL Board members don't inspire me one jot........What difference do you think they would make to Board?
    I'm struggling to see how anyone could do worse than our board. Each to their own though I suppose.
    My point was that it is already in the fans power to become more involved. It's up to us.
    What is it about an HSL board member that you are so against?