hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is this now the worst year to win the scottish?

Looking through the forum there seems to be a general consensus/feeling that if we do the unthinkable and win next week, last night's failure will take the shine off. Weve waited over 100 years to win it then we finally do the season we miserably fail to get out the 2nd tier and after losing the league cup to a very average ross county side.
    I always imagined (dreamt) when we finally won it that it would be the greatest day of my hibs life and i would laugh,cry and celebrate for weeks. But now if we do it, always in the back of my mind will be 'but we are stuck in the championship'.
    And lets be honest one huge reason for winning it is bragging rights, especially over our unwashed neighbours. But winning it this season would always give them the retort of 'aye but your a diddy league team still, being pumped by falkirk' or some sort.
    Ofcourse we all want to win it, any year, any time. But it really is the worst year to do it and really will take the shine off of somthing that should leave nothing but pure glee.
    Dissapointing to say the least....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    There's no such thing as a bad year to win the elusive Holy Grail - especially in a sad case like ours.

However, have no fears, if we three goals up with 5 minutes to go our mob will still contrive a way to chuck it away.

It can never be a bad time to win the Scottish Cup

It probably will a little bit if I'm being honest.

The way I feel just now, I don't even want to think about the cup final. Once it comes around I'll no doubt feel differently but it would be typical of Hibs to end the wait when people aren't really in a celebratory mood.

There is no way that this Hibs squad will win the Scottish Cup this year. None at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no way that this Hibs squad will win the Scottish Cup this year. None at all.
    No offence but that's *****

We have been decent against other decent sides ever since Stubbs took over. It's the part time plumbers (and full-time teams with limited ability) that manage to make it difficult for sides playing the type of football we play.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White View Post
    Looking through the forum there seems to be a general consensus/feeling that if we do the unthinkable and win next week, last night's failure will take the shine off. Weve waited over 100 years to win it then we finally do the season we miserably fail to get out the 2nd tier and after losing the league cup to a very average ross county side.
    I always imagined (dreamt) when we finally won it that it would be the greatest day of my hibs life and i would laugh,cry and celebrate for weeks. But now if we do it, always in the back of my mind will be 'but we are stuck in the championship'.
    And lets be honest one huge reason for winning it is bragging rights, especially over our unwashed neighbours. But winning it this season would always give them the retort of 'aye but your a diddy league team still, being pumped by falkirk' or some sort.
    Ofcourse we all want to win it, any year, any time. But it really is the worst year to do it and really will take the shine off of somthing that should leave nothing but pure glee.
    I couldn't give a **** what the charity thieves think.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    The last two Hibs teams to reach the final were considerably worse than this one.

That Rangers squad are not the greatest either. They lost 3-2 to Falkirk too. It really is a coin toss. I just fear we're the unluckiest team in football.

Sorry but that really is the type of nonsense the Yams will use to comfort themselves if we win it. There will never be a bad time to win the Scottish Cup. You will feel differently in a few days time about this, trust me.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Today, it feels that way. Never in all my days would I ever have thought I'd feel this way but that's what this team and club have somehow managed to do. So yes, it probably is the worst time to win the Cup.

But ask me again 10 mins after beating the Huns next week and it will be a completely different answer.

More likely is another last-minute capitulation by Hibs to grasp defeat from the mirage of victory and kick us all in the teeth again. It's what Hibs do.
    Last edited by Onion; 14-05-2016 at 08:23 AM.

The best year to win the Scottish cup would be this year. Would be what the fans deserve after everything that we have been through

The year we win it will be the best ever.
    Absolutely shattered with last night but can't wait for next Saturday.
    It's the kind of occasion that you live for.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeedonald View Post
    The best year to win the Scottish cup would be this year. Would be what the fans deserve after everything that we have been through
    It would be a good consolation prize and cheer us no end.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    No offence but that's *****

We have been decent against other decent sides ever since Stubbs took over. It's the part time plumbers (and full-time teams with limited ability) that manage to make it difficult for sides playing the type of football we play.
    What "type" of football is it we play out of interest that "plumbers" are able to so consistently match or better us at?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    At least we have Saturday to look forward to, a real chance to end the season on a high instead of last night

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    The last two Hibs teams to reach the final were considerably worse than this one.
    I don't agree with that - I think this might be the worst ever, I'm afraid.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    This is simply the best year to win, no doubt.

Us fan really deserve a bit of success and celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    At least we have Saturday to look forward to, a real chance to end the season on a high instead of last night
    Yep.

A part of me feels like I just want this season to be over. I like the summer break from football, a chance to do other things and then come back for pre season recharged and ready to go through it all again.

On the other hand the fans of every single club in Scotland would love to be in our position next Saturday. We have one more chance to salvage something from a season that promised so much at one point and shouldn't be turning our noses up at that.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    Hoping we win the Scottish Cup next Saturday and hoping we get promoted next year is where we are and we have to deal with that .Parade the Scottish Cup along Princes street next sunday on a beautiful day .Yes i'll have that

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    I don't agree with that - I think this might be the worst ever, I'm afraid.
    At least this team care which immediately puts them above the 5-1 shower.

Nothing could possibly take the shine of winning the Cup.

Sadly, I have zero confidence that we'll win.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    This Rangers team is worse than those hearts and celtic teams as well.

Nothing to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    This Rangers team is worse than those hearts and celtic teams as well.

Nothing to fear.

Would you say the current Rangers team is better or worse than Ross County?

I gave us a 50/50 chance against them.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    The year we win it will be the best ever.
    Absolutely shattered with last night but can't wait for next Saturday.
    It's the kind of occasion that you live for.
    Agreed. Regardless of what else has gone on in the season, when we finally break the SC curse nothing will take the shine off it.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Would you say the current Rangers team is better or worse than Ross County?

I gave us a 50/50 chance against them.
    Better but we've beaten them twice.

The last time we played them they only managed to get 3 shots away and scored with two of them. Play like that again and we'll win.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sounds terrible. But I was planning to go. Now I don't even know if i'll turn the box on to watch it. Feel so deflated right now.

Never a bad time to win it.
    Terrible time to lose it.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    This would be best time in my opinion to win this godforsaken thing! Need something, anything to celebrate right now. This is the lowest I have felt for a while with football.

Hibs staying down Newcastle getting relegated and Colchester down as well what a crap year

Tough to say the day after. On the very slim chance we hold aloft that ****ing cup I don't think yesterday's result will affect it