hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Cummings

First Team Breakthrough since90plustwo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FIN1875

Jason Cummings

Apparently Wolves looking to bid a million pounds for him with add ons probably.

Would you take this?? Personally would be very tempted. Hes a goal scorer and has won some big games for us, but for that price i think you could get someone more reliable. Especially since his contract is up next term..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Already been discussed

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently Wolves looking to bid a million pounds for him with add ons probably.

Would you take this?? Personally would be very tempted. Hes a goal scorer and has won some big games for us, but for that price i think you could get someone more reliable. Especially since his contract is up next term..
    Could you get someone better for 100k because that is the max we'll spend on a player.

Jason would be better signing another deal with us.

Not financially he wouldn't. Did he not suffer a bad injury when he was at Hearts? That will be on his mind as it's a short career and he has the right to earn as much as he can as quickly as he can. That said, I do hope we can keep him, I just think that the money will talk as it does at every club.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Already been discussed
    To the N degree.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibs View Post
    apparently wolves looking to bid a million pounds for him with add ons probably.

yes

do we really need to be discussing things like this at a time like this?

All concentration should be on tomorrows then Fridays games. We need to focus just as much on these games as the team themselves.

As has been said we are all in this together!

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post

All concentration should be on tomorrows then Fridays games. We need to focus just as much on these games as the team themselves.

Thanks David Cameron

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Already been discussed
    And sold for 1m.

@hibs.net private member

I'd like to think the team would be concentrating a bit more. Until the time comes to be at the match tonight to support them, there's not really much the supporters can do, so seems pretty normal to talk about all other things Hibs as well as the games coming up.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Could you get someone better for 100k because that is the max we'll spend on a player.
    If he doesnt want to sign a new deal, then yes.

Alagui is a better player and we got him for free.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Fans will always speak about this stuff. We are not part of daily team talks so pretty sure they wont be bothered or affected by it

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    If he doesnt want to sign a new deal, then yes.

Alagui is a better player and we got him for free.
    When Cummings does eventually leave I hope we replace him with someone who contributes a lot more than Farid has.1

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    When Cummings does eventually leave I hope we replace him with someone who contributes a lot more than Farid has.1
    True, but thats been due to injuries.

1m plus add-ons is a good deal.

Will be fascinated to see how he does in england.

Why do we always want to sell our family silver when we know it will be replaced by cheap tat?
    I would rather watch him banging the goals in for us for years to come.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Why do we always want to sell our family silver when we know it will be replaced by cheap tat?
    Absolutely.

A guy who'll score you 20+ goals a season isn't easy to find for free. Which will be pretty much our budget for replacing him.

I'd have concerns about whether he will do this which is why I'd take a good offer right now.
    Don't get me wrong 18 in the league each season is a decent return but if we get promoted we're going to be facing much better teams.
    For me he should have been hitting nearer or even above 30 league goals at this level - particularly this season when he knows the opposition.

Not having a go at him - he's a very good player but whether it's that little extra notch of ability that someone like Griffiths has or something slightly off in attitude I just feel at this level he should be producing more.

Course opinions being what they are others might attribute that to wider issues with the team ;)

Left by mutual consent!
    It's not as if it's not been done before.

"Take the money" for what? I remember people said that about stokes, we ended up with Daryl Duffy and Yogi ended up with his P45.

Cummings is vital to us and will only get better, in an ideal world keep him but don't just flog him. There's a reason Wolves and others want him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    I'd have concerns about whether he will do this which is why I'd take a good offer right now.
    Don't get me wrong 18 in the league each season is a decent return but if we get promoted we're going to be facing much better teams.
    For me he should have been hitting nearer or even above 30 league goals at this level - particularly this season when he knows the opposition.

Not having a go at him - he's a very good player but whether it's that little extra notch of ability that someone like Griffiths has or something slightly off in attitude I just feel at this level he should be producing more.

Course opinions being what they are others might attribute that to wider issues with the team ;)
    He's scored **** loads against the better sides in the cups, hearts and rangers. Where was sparky at 19?

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar

Share your concerns, LD. I've not been impressed for a fair while, feeling that his decision-making has been quite poor and his head hasn't been where it needed to be. A lot of that is probably down to his age. But all players at that age need wise and competent mentoring if they want to move up to the next level. If we want to hold on to players like JC we need that culture and these skills at HFC. And even if we do have it, some players just don't have the maturity to shake off the puberty attitude (dummies, prams). That's my main fear with JC right now. But I'd always be willing to give the laddie the chance so I'm easy either way.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    We will only keep him if he wants to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    We will only keep him if he wants to stay.
    Which he doesn't so.. meh.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    Which he doesn't so.. meh.
    If we are don't win promotion, then he probably won't and to be honest, I don't think he'll be the only one.

This thread and the Stubbs to Bolton thread are everything the OTHER LOT want on a Hibs forum. Never fails to amaze me how many Hibs Fans fall for this.

A million pound for Cummings haha. No chance. His all round play is pretty dire. He is a poacher who scores goals. He would need to improve a lot.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This thread and the Stubbs to Bolton thread are everything the OTHER LOT want on a Hibs forum. Never fails to amaze me how many Hibs Fans fall for this.
    Indeed, team spirit and togetherness aren't all that difficult to inculcate in team and supporters are they?

Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    He's scored **** loads against the better sides in the cups, hearts and rangers. Where was sparky at 19?

Griffiths at 19 scored 17 in 26 in the league (old division 1) compared to Cummings 18 in 33 so broadly comparable.
    Probably worth also noting he had only 21 previous senior appearances at that time compared to Cummings who had 49 prior to this season.
    I guess it's also worth mentioning that Griffiths has a bit of a lull afterwards so it could go either way.

I'm very much not trying to run JC into the ground - he's a good player but, while he's only 19, he has a lot of experience and he's playing in a good team against poor quality opposition generally. I don't feel it's unreasonable - especially as 19 isn't a kid anymore (look at Dele Alli for Spurs) - to say I'd hope he would have scored more at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    joke.

Griffiths at 19 scored 17 in 26 in the league (old division 1) compared to Cummings 18 in 33 so broadly comparable.
    Probably worth also noting he had only 21 previous senior appearances at that time compared to Cummings who had 49 prior to this season.
    I guess it's also worth mentioning that Griffiths has a bit of a lull afterwards so it could go either way.

I'm very much not trying to run JC into the ground - he's a good player but, while he's only 19, he has a lot of experience and he's playing in a good team against poor quality opposition generally. I don't feel it's unreasonable - especially as 19 isn't a kid anymore (look at Dele Alli for Spurs) - to say I'd hope he would have scored more at this level.
    he's 20