hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do get priority for matches.

Just not this particular match. The club has explained why.
    The overarching issue is entirely to do with this match though. The Scottish cup final is, for many the biggest game of the season, should we do the unthinkable it could transpire to be one of the most important games in the club's history.
    The club explained that they didn't have more ticket windows due to the short timescales and the number of ticketed games coming up. That doesn't wash for me. Better planning and organisation would've resulted in their ability to cope with the demand more appropriately. Things like extending the opening hours of the ticket office and expanding the capacity of the IT servers are relatively straightforward steps. Instead they've made excuses to reduce the admin involved. I'm far from a moaner and in most cases I'm supportive of things the club do or try to do to make life better or easier for fans but in this instance, in my opinion they've got it wrong.
    The end result is that dedicated supporters that regularly attend could potentially miss out on a piece of history.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    I hate criticising the club and I appreciate that the ticket office have a lot on their plate, but this is increasingly looking like a shambles:

Once you click through it says you can't but tickets, but I absolutely shat myself thinking I'd missed the start of the second wave.

(PS I'm one of those jokers who hardly goes to any games but signed up for HSL over a year ago in order to contribute money to the club.)

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Someone from the TO apparently saying the second wave will start at 5pm on Friday? (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?310649-Wave-2)

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs tv emailed me an application for a ticket a day or 2 ago. Deadline is 12pm Thursday and it's east stand only. Hibs tv members were initially in wave 2 so would assume it's the end of the week.

Not sure how many members there are and how many won't have season tickets and bought already but this might reduce traffic on eticketing a bit

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by OtleyHibs View Post
    Hibs tv emailed me an application for a ticket a day or 2 ago. Deadline is 12pm Thursday and it's east stand only. Hibs tv members were initially in wave 2 so would assume it's the end of the week.

Not sure how many members there are and how many won't have season tickets and bought already but this might reduce traffic on eticketing a bit
    That's disgraceful if that happened.

Hibs TV members are being invited to purchase a ticket already before Wave 2 goes on sale? How does that work?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post
    Hibs TV members are being invited to purchase a ticket already before Wave 2 goes on sale? How does that work?
    Sorry mate, should have explained properly. No guaranteed ticket, it's an application process. Fairly new to hibs tv so don't know selection process it anything like that.

It is east stand only so maybe the held a small portion back or something like that

First Team Breakthrough
    Being tremendously thick here, but how the F are we supposed to be online while driving to F K N FALKIRK?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    The overarching issue is entirely to do with this match though. The Scottish cup final is, for many the biggest game of the season, should we do the unthinkable it could transpire to be one of the most important games in the club's history.
    The club explained that they didn't have more ticket windows due to the short timescales and the number of ticketed games coming up. That doesn't wash for me. Better planning and organisation would've resulted in their ability to cope with the demand more appropriately. Things like extending the opening hours of the ticket office and expanding the capacity of the IT servers are relatively straightforward steps. Instead they've made excuses to reduce the admin involved. I'm far from a moaner and in most cases I'm supportive of things the club do or try to do to make life better or easier for fans but in this instance, in my opinion they've got it wrong.
    The end result is that dedicated supporters that regularly attend could potentially miss out on a piece of history.
    Have to say I agree to an extent, and I hate criticizing the club too - or rather I do now that we have people in charge at the top who seem to more or less give a ****.

But - IIRC - for the SC Final from when the club announced the ticketing schedule to the actual game date was something like the thick end of a month or so. I'm sorry, but that should be plenty of time to have implemented 3 waves.

For the playoff games, that's a different kettle of fish obviously, but the SC Final is on near enough the same day every year and is a massive deal for Hibs fans.

I can't make it myself for a variety of reasons and will be standing by to take all the credit if we do win, as I'm a ******g curse at Hampden, but people with 100+ loyalty points should have had a period where they (as well as ST holders who hadn't bought in wave 1 for whatever reason) had run of house on the available tickets, instead of being lumped in with someone who's been twice all season or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs69 View Post
    Being tremendously thick here, but how the F are we supposed to be online while driving to F K N FALKIRK?
    You are only entitled to a Falkirk ticket if you are a season ticket holder so have you not bought yours already?

...unless you've held off so you can sit with wave two mates of course.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by positive pete View Post
    You are only entitled to a Falkirk ticket if you are a season ticket holder so have you not bought yours already?

I'm in the Falkirk end on Friday. This is going to be a killer.

First Team Breakthrough

I'm in charge of getting my son and his pals tickets as he is in Malaga until next week. I'll need to tell him to go find a computer, or make sure his phone works abroad.,

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    I think I'd rather watch on TV, SJM. What you going to do when a Jason Cummings left peg 35 yarder hits the postage stamp?

Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    Couldn't bring myself to do that.

You might get online and done before you leave or if not there is 4G in Falkirk. I think.

I'm in charge of getting my son and his pals tickets as he is in Malaga until next week. I'll need to tell him to go find a computer, or make sure his phone works abroad.,

He'll just be doing what everyone else will be doing who's trying to get tickets but he can go to the beach afterwards to celebrate getting them.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think I'd rather watch on TV, SJM. What you going to do when a Jason Cummings left peg 35 yarder hits the postage stamp?
    Jump up, get kicked out and head to the pub.
    Can't bear not being there, be good to see the away in rocking hopefully.

Left by mutual consent!
    Couldn't bring myself to do that.

You might get online and done before you leave or if not there is 4G in Falkirk. I think.
    Half day will be booked from work and the laptop taken with me if confirmed. 👍

I'm not a season ticket holder but, I have a ticket for Friday.